Talk about computers and stuff here!
Since forever of my lifetime, I've owned weak and far outdated machines, my first computer being a 2001 SONY VAIO tower with windows XP, 128mb ram, 32mb video card, 1.40ghz single core cpu, and 40GB hard drive. It was given to my parents back in 2003, and given to me in 2009, it died in 2011. Anyway, no stories.. Here are my computers, no matter how hard I try, NO MATTER HOWWWWW HARDDDD... I can never accomplish any advanced things with ANY of them. I was using my 2000 SONY VAIO PCV tower to make a GMOD video, my first long and real GMOD movie. I was making the first scene, a heavily detailed park, almost done and DID NOT save yet, YET... I was adding a food stand, and after that I was going to save and be proud of my hard work. I go to change the texture for one of the walls of the food stand, when the game freezes then crashes... I can't even tell you how many years and how many times I've crashed on anything... I wanted to just scream because of how many days I've been working on that project, I have left the tower on to avoid killing my HDD with 1000 saves.. BADDDD move... Now, that's why I have posted this.. I am such a creation maniac, there's soooo much I want to do and make, but can only accomplish 1% of it.. I've been trying for many... No, exactly 6 years to get a gaming tower, (now for animation too). And have absolutely failed... I'm so close, but always run into a terrible problem. So, here are my machines... ALL of them... I'm listing them one at a time on how much I use them.. 2011 ASUS K53E Notebook series laptop. Intel Pentinum at 2.00ghz dual core. 4GB ram, 192mb video memory, 273GB hard drive, 3.63GB remaining. RunningWindows7 64bit (Default)
2000 SONY VAIO PCV model, Intel Pentinum 4 at 1.40ghz single core. 512MB RAM (Maximum), Aftermarket 512MB EVEGA 6200 video card at 400mhz. 40GB hard drive, 1.63GB remaining. Running Windows XP 32bit (Windows 2000 default).
2004 Dell OptiPlex GX280 with Intel Pentinum 4 at 2.80ghz single core. 512MB RAM, (4GB MAXIMUM) Intergraded video chip with 128mb video memory, I haven't payed attention to the hard drive, Running Windows XP 32bit (Default)
2002 COMPAQ EVO desktop with Intel Pentinum 4 at 1.80ghz single core. 256MB RAM (Maximum is unknown but I think it's at least 1GB or equivalent) 16MB low profile video card by NVEDIA, hard drive is unknown, Running Windows XP 32bit (Default)
And here's my finial, there's a sad story behind this laptop, but I won't include it unless someone wants to know... (THIS LAPTOP BROKE IN 2012, I JUST DISCOVERED THAT IT'S THE MOTHERBOARD, SADILY I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO REPLACE IT) 1998 COMPAQ ARMADA M700 laptop, with Intel Pentinum III at 500mhz single core, 256MB RAM (128MB default), video chip is unknown, Running Windows XP 32bit (Windows 98 default).
Now that I have calmed my a%% down, I can now say that the GMOD video is NOT canceled, I'm going to be a saveahollic this time. AND I AM PROUD OF MY COMPUTERS. <3 BUT... Many projects I've wanted to do are put on hold, due to the lack of technology (everyone knows this). Here are the projects I want to do soo bad, but cannot due to weak machines..: "2749" Movie (Started in October 2013, placed on hold on January 8, 2014, WAS expected to be finished December 25, 2014 or December 25, 2015). ("Unnamed", was going to be a silly animation. Started in June 2013, put on hold in September 2013.) DRIV3R animations, (Started in January 2014, placed on hold only a week later prior to date started). A video game (Started August 2012, put on hold January 14, 2014), "Christmas GMOD video" (Started September 2013, canceled December 2013). "The Toys Of Darkness" (Started December 2012, canceled December 2013). "GTA IV, what Niko thinks about everyone leaving for GTA 5" (Started April 2013, canceled in September 2013). "Some low polygon biased animation I haven't named yet" (Still on drawing board, idea from December 2013, and is "to be made..") So there you go, that's about half the projects I have, and just remembered this one, "GTA IV.#### ## ######" I have blanked out the name to avoid someone stealing the name, it was a funny video though. (Started February 2013, canceled in September 2013). The clips still exist, and the edits still remain as a saved project in windows movie maker, but some things are now corrupted and lost, and the video project now sits on my portable hard drive. Anyway, those are only a fraction of all the projects I've started, some even dating back to 2008! So, anyway... I wish I had a strong machine to free my creativity, currently locked up in a world of lag, lack, and slowww performance.. (N)
Post edited by Skylabh.
Reason: pictures no longer available.
Last edited by VAIMAHDO on Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That is a lot of computers, sorry to hear you've had it rough regarding your projects. I don't always have a picnic neither but nothing quite that bad. Have you ever thought of saving up money for a proper computer? A bit more high end one, you know?
Olanov wrote:That is a lot of computers, sorry to hear you've had it rough regarding your projects. I don't always have a picnic neither but nothing quite that bad. Have you ever thought of saving up money for a proper computer? A bit more high end one, you know?
Thanks for caring about these projects, as many hours and years I've put into certain ones were all to discover that I do not have the technology to even finish them, also, simply playing video games (GMOD for example), is so problematic, that It's almost always an inconvenience to play video games! I loose my joy just to get into the game and make something weird, I end up leaving and returning to my PS2 or drawing in MS paint. So how long have I been trying to get money for a strong computer? Six years............................................................................................. Result: A couple old ones, the laptops I did NOT buy, the Dell I did NOT buy either... .-. SONY VAIO: Purchased on craigslist for $10.00 2002 COMPAQ EVO: Yard sale, $35.00 I bought them so I had SOMTHING, the Dell was for a recent attempt to make a gaming tower, but I have no idea how a really fast single core CPU will work out...
By the way, the old laptop, and the 2002 COMPAQ EVO, were both attempts to get a gaming tower, that was before I knew anything about computers and thought they all can play whatever. Anyway after some years I gained hella intelligence about them, now. I have bought the SONY VAIO because of the 2001 model I had for a loooonnggg time, there rare now, and I have plans with it. The Dell OptiPlex is what my gaming tower will temporarily be until I can get my hands on something more realistic.. My plan? After getting a job (FINIALLY I AM ABOUT TO REACH THE AGE TO APPLY FOR A FREAKIN JOB), I will take out allll the parts out of my SONY, and put some strong a** parts in there, (Here's an example of new specs): "Intel Core I7 quad core at 4.00ghz. 6+GB RAM, 512GB HDD or equivalent, 1GB+ Video card by Nvidia, at 1.0GHZ or equivalent, Running windows XP 64bit, and Windows 7 64bit (I will have a choice right after I turn it on and see the brand of the motherboard of what Windows version I would like to use). So literally what looks like a 14 year old tower, but with intense power... AGHHH I have steam up on my SONY sitting next to me, and I seen an advertisement for Bugbear's new game, "Next Car Game" I want to play it soo bad O_O
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:So there you go, that's about half the projects I have, and just remembered this one, "GTA IV.#### ## ######" I have blanked out the name to avoid someone stealing the name, it was a funny video though. (Started February 2013, canceled in September 2013). The clips still exist, and the edits still remain as a saved project in windows movie maker, but some things are now corrupted and lost, and the video project now sits on my portable hard drive.
I don't think anyone is going to steal your project's name...what's the point in telling anyone about it if you're going to blank it out? :shock:
CarLuver69 wrote:
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:So there you go, that's about half the projects I have, and just remembered this one, "GTA IV.#### ## ######" I have blanked out the name to avoid someone stealing the name, it was a funny video though. (Started February 2013, canceled in September 2013). The clips still exist, and the edits still remain as a saved project in windows movie maker, but some things are now corrupted and lost, and the video project now sits on my portable hard drive.
I don't think anyone is going to steal your project's name...what's the point in telling anyone about it if you're going to blank it out? :shock:
Reason I'm so jumpy with things like that, is because it's happened a countless amount of times before, and most of them got away with it! I also blank out the name because it's so custom, so original... So me... The name also gives away what the video will be like. All I will say for now is the video is what I like to call "Unstable", Sort of YouTube poop like. Like an expensive YouTube poop.

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]

https://youtu.be/j10ltSvvSFU

Supercharged V8 (Driv3r)

https://youtu.be/PNpHXUwiFKs

A tutorial video on how to make custom missions fo[…]