Talk about computers and stuff here!
By Prof. Christopher Von III
I guess everyone knows what this topic is about.
Just post your desktop in this topic ;)

Rules:
1. Only .jpg-format is allowed (no .bmp, .png...)
2. Post thumbnails only please

I'll start 8)

Please post thumbnails of .jpg-format pictures, as this loads very slow for me and i don't have a modem (i have a 1,5 MB WLAN DSL). First post edited, Rules added.
By RacingFreak
Here`s mine:

Can someone guess why it`s in that colour? It`s not black, it`s special colour :P

Hint:
Watch any video with Media Player Classic, minimize the program and find out why it`s special :)
Because you're using a pirated version of Windows XP?
By RacingFreak
*facepalm*
NO! Watch video with Media Player, minimize the player, and you can still watching the video, directly on your desktop! It can sound stupid, but it`s it can be as practical player, and the black screen doesn`t use too much energy for my CRT M900 HP Monitor. Alright?
By cleone
Posted this on another forum, thought I'd post it here, too.

I usually change my desktop weekly (Interfacelift icon). Icons are usually in and out. I keep hardly any shortcuts. I like it being clean but it I'm often lazy so it ends up messy (notice the CLEAR folder). This has been my desktop for the past couple days. In a few days it will look completely different probably. Already deleted some shortcuts, such as the Driver and UT2004 ones (in my Games now).
By 0takumetalhead
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
This one's up since I had to reinstall Windows 7 for the second or third time:

Never felt the need to clean the desktop up tbh.

My old computer:

By cleone
Holy sh*t! That's way too many icons for me hahaha. I like that rail image one.
By Olanov
Image thumbnail

Not the desktop directly but this is the clear image I use in case anyone would like to download it, too. I sort of composed it off a picture I found on the internet. Not perfect, but it's nice. I actually did it to replace the cowboy set in GTA IV's perestroika, as I replaced the cowboy with Max Payne. :D
By cleone
You children and your damn Windows. This is a fresh install of SolydK (I had a hard drive issue earlier in the week), so there isn't much set up yet.

By VAIMAHDO
What? It's just an operation system.. The operation system a person has usually depends on what the user is going to do with their computer.
By cleone
@DarkProductions
LMFAO, I'm not even going to comment on that statement...
By 0takumetalhead
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:What? It's just an operation system.. The operation system a person has usually depends on what the user is going to do with their computer.
Fun fact: Windows is not the best OS when it comes down to the IT sector, Linux is.
By cleone
0takumetalhead wrote:
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:What? It's just an operation system.. The operation system a person has usually depends on what the user is going to do with their computer.
Fun fact: Windows is not the best OS when it comes down to the IT sector, Linux is.
Bingo.
By VAIMAHDO
Hipster? What a senseless reply. If Windows didn't have the capability of running programs and games I use as well as developing them, I wouldn't be using it now would I?
Last edited by VAIMAHDO on Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By 0takumetalhead
Since this got reanimated, here's the BG on my newer laptop:
By VAIMAHDO
Post edited by Skylabh.
Reason: picture no longer available.

This is the desktop of my favorite computer, a 1998 HP Brio running an Intel celeron at 566Mhz combined with 64MB of RAM
There is so much power this machine can emit from Windows 98, even with 2MB of video memory, it can draw well over 10000 polygons with 30FPS, so the budget gaming computer it was! This is without a doubt my favorite operating system. Say what you please, but I'm proud of this classic hardware and software!
By Clutch
Hah :) I neanthertalised my system and it acts nearly like 98. I swear, it can be very comfortable!
I find these all of fullscreen aplications for Win8 are disgusting and confusing to me, especially when I'm working in Blender, PS or other classic aplications.
(right clic to see what's in right of desktop :P )

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]

https://youtu.be/j10ltSvvSFU

Supercharged V8 (Driv3r)

https://youtu.be/PNpHXUwiFKs

A tutorial video on how to make custom missions fo[…]