Talk about computers and stuff here!
By Clutch
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I'd use it if I find that it is comfortable to use. I don't listen to morons and hipsters.
By Clutch
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I meant that I don't follow all these dumb sheeps and use all these uber super hyper mega stuff because they say that it is good. I use things because I personally think that it is useful and gives me comfort of doing my work. In addition I say, that I use 1366px wide screen and it is my current max. I'm not rich to buy latest products. I use my machines until they really cannot keep up with current hardware requirements. Probably I'd use my Asus X56T (2GB RAM, 200GB harddrive, about 4GHz, 512MB gfx), but its motherboard is broken.

I puke on people, which say "omg, I have iPod 4, and soon will be released iPod 5, I'm so stupid that I haven't preorder my one yet!".
Don't be retarded to me, I didn't anything offensive to you.
By PostalDude
Clutch wrote: Don't be retarded to me, I didn't anything offensive to you.
It sounded like you used 4K, not 1366x768. My bad.
Anyways.
Good resolutions if you play old games?
1024x768
1280X1024
1600x1200
Play old games, but need widescreen?
1280x720
1366x768
1440x900
1600x900
Play nothing but new games?
1920x1080
By VAIMAHDO
Custom build, one that's actually NEW. About f***ing time.
Well I finally made it. :D Too bad I can't use it yet.
AMD FX 6300 6 core 3.50Ghz
4GB RAM 1600Mhz single stick
ASUS A78L-M LX Plus motherboard
ASUS Nvidia GeForce GT 630 2GB
500 Watt power supply
Hard drive...None...
DVD Drive...None, I threw in my Dell OptiPlex 360 one to test if it works or if it was just wiring, and the DVD drive is dead.
OS...None.
Just to play some dam games, it costs a dam fortune to build a computer to do that. Costs even more to buy a pre-built one.
Why no Operating System, Hard drive, or DVD drive?
Because I could barely afford this computer alone, and that case you see? I bought it brand new a year ago and it's been collecting dust for a year.
I'll have a hard drive and DVD drive in probably a month... That's fucked.
I'm still excited though, I hugged this dam thing, but it's a major disappointment to not be able to use it.
And dam, that RAM stick and processor were heavy as hell, and the RAM stick had a metal casing around it :shock:
I'm so used to a 0.00009001 (IT'S OVER 9000!) ounce processor, and a RAM stick that's light as paper.

I just finally got a Mac Classic I bought on Ebay for $60 shipped to my house. :)
It runs perfectly, just has no keyboard and mouse. :|
Hardware:
December 1991 Mac Classic
Motorola 68000 processor running at 8Mhz
RAM: (Currently unknown, most likely 1MB, but could be 2 - 4MB)
40 MB SCSI hard disk drive with OS.
Built-in SuperDrive 3.5 in floppy disk drive
9-inch (23 cm) monochrome CRT display, 512 × 342 pixel resolution
This thing is awesome! I can't wait to get a keyboard and mouse for it so I can use it!
By madness
Congratulations on receiving the parts to almost finish building your PC.
I reckon the most important part is the hard drive.
Since everything is getting digitally distributed and your internet connection is WINNING.

My laptop and desktop both don't have a dvd drive.
And I have super slow internet, I did invest in a usb dvd drive.
Saves downloading retail games I buy but I install them and some of them require a massive update. It's almost just worth downloading from the web in the first instance.

When will game dev's learn.
That the old style of making sure the game is perfect before releasing as updates were much harder back then.
By VAIMAHDO
Thanks man, and yeah my internet is insanely fast.
Game developers will never learn, lol.
By VAIMAHDO
Here it is... My grand 20th computer. I had built it with some RAM sticks I had laying around, and a motherboard I had purchased two years ago and never as able to use. The original motherboard from this computer is ded, so this has a brand new motherboard now! :D
Full hardware specifications:
2004/2005 Dell OptiPlex GX280;

Intel Pentium 4 processor running at 2.80Ghz
3.50GB of RAM
Nvidia GeForce GT 630 2GB (Pulled from my primary workstation)
80GB SATA hard drive
Windows 8 32 Bit (It is all I have)

I build this because I really needed a second workstation/gaming machine. And holy fawcking shiet this thing is so insanely fast for a dam Pentium 4. Its processor doesn't even support HyperThreading.... Well, I love Dell OptiPlex GX280's, their design is just very unique in my opinion.
By bb_42001
How does the thing run Windows 8? A single core with under 4gb of ram should be very sluggish at best, What do you have installed on the computer?

bb42001

Noodles

By madness
Windows 8 runs great on 2gb ram.
with 1.66-GHz Intel Atom N450
Just don't expect to have much open.
Maybe 10-15 driver madness chrome tabs will work fine.
By bb_42001
Yes, But remember the Intel Atom would be about 6 or so generations better then what he currently has, so at a lower clock speed to makes up for it in being faster in other aspects. Same with the ram, its speed would be better then the 3.5 he is currently using.

bb42001

Noodles

By VAIMAHDO
Well I designed this computer to play GTA IV, and it seems to run Windows 8 as if it was Windows XP, when I throw in my Nvidia GeForce GT 630 it can handle YouTube videos in 2160p (Falsely known as 4k) and runs 1080p at 60 frames per second just fine. I was able to run GTA IV at mediumish settings with a music mix on YouTube playing in the background in 720p with Skype and Steam open it I had no performance issues on the desktop or delay, and the game had a framerate in the 20's. Do remember that you need HyperThreading enabled for a Pentium 4 to run at its full potential, which of course I have. As I previously stated, I designed this computer to be my secondary workstation.

FYI, the Intel Atom processor is dirt when sat aside a Pentium 4.
By max.thunder
[youtube]
[/youtube]
By somebodynamed
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
ram: 8gb
cpu: intel i5 4430
gpu: EVGA gtx 970 ssc
monitor: acer H236HL
speakers: stereo Logitech pc speakers
mouse: URAGE gaming mouse
keyboard: Logitech k360 keyboard
OS: Windows 10 home x64 (all of the spy stuff has been disabled)
Last edited by somebodynamed on Sun May 22, 2016 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]

https://youtu.be/j10ltSvvSFU

Supercharged V8 (Driv3r)

https://youtu.be/PNpHXUwiFKs

A tutorial video on how to make custom missions fo[…]