Because video games are fun.
By max.thunder
Watch Dogs 2 will surprise players with its 'new tone', says Ubisoft
Watch Dogs 2 has the potential to be "one of Ubisoft's best-selling games of all time", Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has said, stating that the game will "surprise players" with its "new tone".

Discussing the publisher's line-up of titles for the current financial year last night, Guillemot said that its "biggest title will be Watch Dogs, which will build on the success of the first game.

"It has the potential to be one of Ubisoft's best-selling games of all time," he added. "The game will once again surprise players with a new tone and with innovative hacking gameplay possibilities. We can't wait to show your more."
Source
By max.thunder
Ubisoft Confirmed To Reveal 'Watch Dogs 2' At E3 2016

Game developer Ubisoft has officially confirmed that Watch Dogs 2 will be revealed at the upcoming E3 that kicks off in mid-June.
The company confirmed that its E3 celebrations start at 1 p.m. PT on June 13.
Source
By max.thunder
Watch Dogs 2 launches November, set in San Francisco

Watch Dogs 2 will launch on Tuesday, 15th November and be set in San Francisco.

That's according to marketing material visible on IGN - which has gone live early, ahead of tomorrow's official 5pm reveal.

Imagery shows a new protagonist standing in front of San Fran's Golden Gate Bridge. It matches lead character art posted to Instagram by his mo-cap artist last month.
Source
By unbid
Registration Days Posts Avatar
max.thunder wrote:Watch Dogs 2 launches November, set in San Francisco
Inb4, they recycled Driver: San Francisco map. Just hope they add better renditions of Oakland, Emeryville, and the surrounding bay area.
By max.thunder
[youtube]
[/youtube]
start at 14:30
By Davaz
The graphics... Wow <3

Hopefully they won't get downgraded like the graphics in Watch Dogs 1
By Nikusakken
So far it seems that most of the mistakes from the first game have been fixed, but as I was disappointed with the first one, I'll hold my hype.
By TheEngiGuy
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I might be in the minority, but I liked the characters in Watch Dogs 1 and its dark atmosphere like early Driver games. Sadly the community hated that and now Watch Dogs 2 features some young hipsters with a lot of humour in a quite cartoony setting. What I find odd is that Aiden has pretty much the same personality as Tanner but it is still hated by most people.
But hey, at least it's not more-of-the-same. New game, new theme!

What matters is that the game will have good gameplay and story, and everything polished. Still worried about car driving and physics though...
By max.thunder
Watch Dogs 2 Set To Have Improved Driving Physics

The driving physics in the first Watch Dogs is just one of the issues that people didn’t like about the game. Gamers will be happy to know that the driving has been improved for Watch Dogs 2.

For the sequel, they asked help from Ubisoft Reflections to work on better driving models. They said driving is an important part of the new game and they needed to find a way to make it fun. Guay said that he’s happy with what they have now.
Source
By TheEngiGuy
I like how they said the first one didn't work because it felt "simulative". I'm probably the only one driving fast AND clean at the same time. If people don't brake before a tight turn, it's not the devs' fault.

However, the controls were the problem, not the driving itself. Now I'm worried WD2 will have the same generic arcade driving with lacking physics like other modern open world games.
By max.thunder
Ubisoft says 85% of Watch Dogs players are interested in the sequel

During Ubisoft's recent Q1 2016 earnings result, company CEO Yves Guillemot said that Watch Dogs was Ubisoft's best-selling IP launch of 2014, selling over 10 million copies in total. According to Ubisoft's own surveys, 85% of Watch Dogs players are interested in Watch Dogs 2.
Source
By Raythewheelman42
Registration Days Posts
Davaz wrote:The graphics... Wow <3

Hopefully they won't get downgraded like the graphics in Watch Dogs 1
Watch dogs 2 ----- Driver 6 ?
By max.thunder
How the developers of the Driver series are turning their hand to Watch Dogs 2

With Watch Dogs 2 Ubisoft Montreal is looking to solve this vehicle criticism by enlisting the help of Reflections, a Ubisoft studio based near Newcastle in the UK.

This is the studio that nailed the feeling of open-world driving in the Driver series while other studios were still struggling to get their cars to handle right.

Reflection's secret sauce is its internal V-Edit tool, which it has been building upon since the Driver days.

The reason for the un-sexy name is that V-Edit (or vehicle edit) is a tool for internal use only. This isn't a piece of middleware like SpeedTree which is licensed out to any developer willing to front the cost, instead it's a tool designed for and by the developers at Reflections (although the team was quick to assure me that the tool is available to any other Ubisoft studios that require it).
Source
By TheEngiGuy
max.thunder wrote:
How the developers of the Driver series are turning their hand to Watch Dogs 2

With Watch Dogs 2 Ubisoft Montreal is looking to solve this vehicle criticism by enlisting the help of Reflections, a Ubisoft studio based near Newcastle in the UK.

This is the studio that nailed the feeling of open-world driving in the Driver series while other studios were still struggling to get their cars to handle right.

Reflection's secret sauce is its internal V-Edit tool, which it has been building upon since the Driver days.

The reason for the un-sexy name is that V-Edit (or vehicle edit) is a tool for internal use only. This isn't a piece of middleware like SpeedTree which is licensed out to any developer willing to front the cost, instead it's a tool designed for and by the developers at Reflections (although the team was quick to assure me that the tool is available to any other Ubisoft studios that require it).
Source
People still don't realize the actual Reflections has new developers, while the developers who made the realistic muscle-car handling from the Driver series left the studio even before Driver San Francisco.
If I was them, I wouldn't brag just because of the history of the devteam. Judging by the Watch Dogs 2 clips, the game is going to have the same generic arcadey driving that is reminiscent of Saints Row. You don't have to brake at all for tight corners while driving a supercar now. Everything is lighter and terribly easy to control while drifting.

>drifting with supercars

Hopefully they prove me wrong.
By ASV
bb_42001 wrote:Also in Watch Dogs 2, the taxi app in game is called "Driver SF" i kid you not
Was wondering why there is an app called "Driver SF". Taxi App JESUS. Only thing missing now is Driver Speedboat Paradise on the ingame phone.
max.thunder liked this
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]