Because video games are fun.

Which in your opinion is the worst GTA in the series? (main series)

Grand Theft Auto
11%
GTA 2
5%
GTA III
No votes
0%
GTA III: Vice City
5%
GTA III: San Andreas
47%
GTA IV
32%
By max.thunder
By 0takumetalhead
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
SA, it's just an overrated piece of rubbish with horrible mechanics.
Also (more of a personal oppinion though) the direction it took (rap and that kind of stuff) is just horrible.
By Dykemann
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
San Andreas & IV .

I mean San Andreas screwed over things but GTA IV was a deadly pain in the ass, it Ruined gaming in general for me .
By RacingFreak
Yes. Voted for SA, although an regular player in SAMP scene, the game itself is just waste, rushed and crap.
By cleone
SA, too n*****ed out in my opinion.
By Fireboyd78
At the time, I had a lot of fun with San Andreas. But it was just a really hyped up game to tell you the truth, because I'd rather go back and play GTA III or Vice City over San Andreas simply because the graphics were absolutely horrifying. They look unfinished and the whole game itself is a trainwreck. But it is still a good game in its own way, it's just not the best. People who say SA was the best probably like it because it had a million side missions and unlimited re-playability, something most games don't have.
Dykemann wrote:... GTA IV was a deadly pain in the ass, it Ruined gaming in general for me .
I guarantee you the only reason you don't like IV is because the physics were more realistic than your typical arcade racer that lets you take corners at 200MPH without spinning out. I personally think IV is #1, but Vice City is tied with it very cloesly.
By 0takumetalhead
Dykemann wrote:San Andreas & IV .

I mean San Andreas screwed over things but GTA IV was a deadly pain in the ass, it Ruined gaming in general for me .
GTA IV is allright (I prefer the first dlc since it fixed the bike handling). It just took a more grittier (if it is a word) direction, classic Rockstar humor is still there if a bit harder to find.
Only real problem I have with IV is the atrocious vehicle handling.

EDIT: I'm kinda glad that i'm not the only one who thinks that SA is the worst.
By 0takumetalhead
II and III. Would love to see a 3d remake of II.
By Dykemann
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
CarLuver69 wrote:
Dykemann wrote:... GTA IV was a deadly pain in the ass, it Ruined gaming in general for me .
I guarantee you the only reason you don't like IV is because the physics were more realistic than your typical arcade racer that lets you take corners at 200MPH without spinning out.
That is kinda one of the reasons yes. But also overhyped, Cashes in mostly on these Wigger/Hipster/ Whatever crowd, but MOST OF ALL,
TO REALISTIC!!!!!!!!!! That is my biggest Problem .

I thought games where meant as a door to a Non-realistic world, to get away from the real world for a few hours, or is that just me ?
By Olanov
Dykemann wrote:I thought games where meant as a door to a Non-realistic world, to get away from the real world for a few hours, or is that just me ?
Just you, buddy. Games aren't restricted to be only non realistic. Games could be pretty much anything the developers would want to, realistic or not too realistic, maybe somewhere around the middle.. And I actually prefer the dark, gritty version with that good ol' R* humor still left in on GTA. Leave the ridiculous crap to Saints Row.
By Sedans
What the hell is wrong with yall ? San andreas has to be one of the best pieces of gaming history Ive ever seen. At the time the graphics were good but its not all about the graphics. San andreas has the most replay value of any GTA strictly because of the sheer amounts of things you can do. All the interiors you can access, all the vehicles (cars, bikes, bicycles, planes, helis, boats, the crane, etc) even though the driving did kinda suck, swimming, going underwater, all the clothes, the huge map which included both rural and urban landscapes, the soundtrack, the amazingly fun cheat codes. ETC ETC i could go on for days. It really just sounds to me like yall just don't like the hood aspect of the game, which is a stupid reason not to like it.

Vice city was my second fave but mostly because it was a piece of my childhood. The worst GTA to me was GTA IV. That game was sh*t. Grey toned but boring.. predictable repetitive storyline, no customization and no replay value. Im looking forward to GTA V.

And don't bash Saints Row. before Saints Row became a freakfuckfreeforall it was a good game. They need to make a Saints Row 4 but to pick up from Saints Row 1 roots. Saints Row 2 was ehhh and Saints Row 3? OMG please GTF.
By Olanov
Sedans wrote:What the hell is wrong with yall ? San andreas has to be one of the best pieces of gaming history Ive ever seen. At the time the graphics were good but its not all about the graphics. San andreas has the most replay value of any GTA strictly because of the sheer amounts of things you can do. All the interiors you can access, all the vehicles (cars, bikes, bicycles, planes, helis, boats, the crane, etc) even though the driving did kinda suck, swimming, going underwater, all the clothes, the huge map which included both rural and urban landscapes, the soundtrack, the amazingly fun cheat codes. ETC ETC i could go on for days. It really just sounds to me like yall just don't like the hood aspect of the game, which is a stupid reason not to like it.

Vice city was my second fave but mostly because it was a piece of my childhood. The worst GTA to me was GTA IV. That game was sh*t. Grey toned but boring.. predictable repetitive storyline, no customization and no replay value. Im looking forward to GTA V.

And don't bash Saints Row. before Saints Row became a freakfuckfreeforall it was a good game. They need to make a Saints Row 4 but to pick up from Saints Row 1 roots. Saints Row 2 was ehhh and Saints Row 3? OMG please GTF.
Wrong. I mostly dislike it for it's driving mechanics (Sure as hell not as fucked up as Saints Row though) and the cartoonic look. Sure other GTA's were sort of cartoonic, but even Vice City or GTA III looked a lot less cartoon to me. I also highly dislike all that homeboy gangsta crap and the actual story. Sure it had funny points but for me, it was quite stupid in the end. I also can't see swimming or such being that essential to be honest, though, it was fun surviving for once if you fell down to water, lol. GTA IV and III era's shouldn't even be compared though (before that crap starts again), as I say for the millionth time, they are a different universes and R* is obviously going to another direction with the new era. And with V, probably something like TBOGT was. Dark, gritty, yet really hilarious at times, especiallly with the dark humor and we'll be getting a lot of new sh*t too.

I do respect your opinions and you've got the right to hold them, but saying there's something wrong with people that just have different preferences is plain retarded imho.

I got to agree with you on Saints Row though. The first one was absolutely great. I hope they would return back to the roots, which is unlikely though.
By Sedans
Olanov wrote:
Sedans wrote:What the hell is wrong with yall ? San andreas has to be one of the best pieces of gaming history Ive ever seen. At the time the graphics were good but its not all about the graphics. San andreas has the most replay value of any GTA strictly because of the sheer amounts of things you can do. All the interiors you can access, all the vehicles (cars, bikes, bicycles, planes, helis, boats, the crane, etc) even though the driving did kinda suck, swimming, going underwater, all the clothes, the huge map which included both rural and urban landscapes, the soundtrack, the amazingly fun cheat codes. ETC ETC i could go on for days. It really just sounds to me like yall just don't like the hood aspect of the game, which is a stupid reason not to like it.

Wrong. I mostly dislike it for it's driving mechanics (Sure as hell not as fucked up as Saints Row though) and the cartoonic look. Sure other GTA's were sort of cartoonic, but even Vice City or GTA III looked a lot less cartoon to me. I also highly dislike all that homeboy gangsta crap and the actual story. Sure it had funny points but for me, it was quite stupid in the end. I also can't see swimming or such being that essential to be honest, though, it was fun surviving for once if you fell down to water, lol. GTA IV and III era's shouldn't even be compared though (before that crap starts again), as I say for the millionth time, they are a different universes and R* is obviously going to another direction with the new era. And with V, probably something like TBOGT was. Dark, gritty, yet really hilarious at times, especiallly with the dark humor and we'll be getting a lot of new sh*t too.

I do respect your opinions and you've got the right to hold them, but saying there's something wrong with people that just have different preferences is plain retarded imho.

I got to agree with you on Saints Row though. The first one was absolutely great. I hope they would return back to the roots, which is unlikely though.
I think the cartoonic look came from it being such a huge game.. less focus on graphics.. When Vice City came out, the graphics were amazing (especially to me since the only other "open world" game I had before was Driver..., I never had GTA III until just recently) now I look back on all the games like how I was I impressed with these graphics... however i still play VC and SA from time to time. San Andreas story was a little crazy sometimes but it was a long, engaging story... Obviously if you don't like gangster sh*t then you won't like the story, still not a reason not to like the game. Oh, and that cop blackmail sh*t, really does happen. In the 90's new orleans cops were notorious for being extremely corrupt. They extorted people, took peoples money/jewelry (still do), assaulted people ,They even had people wacked.. the fact the main character was being hassled by a crooked cop, something not new to my eyes, was relatable.. though thats still not the reason its my favorite GTA, I mean, Ive sought revenge on people but still I disliked GTA IV and TBOGT, hated them both, i actually kinda liked TLAD the most.

& I wasn't specifically saying there was something wrong with yall.. i was asking because everyone was just saying San andreas. Never seen that before ever.. so i was a little surprised

& I just don't understand what propelled them to take such the Saints Row in such a dumbass direction.. i really don't.
By Olanov
Probably right on the graphics there, your guess is a good as mine on that. And about the story, depends on what kind of gangster stuff... I prefer those italian mafia sort of types, you know? Not really into those african american gang sort of types though. And about the cop blackmail stuff, that is not specificly the reason I dislike the game itself and the story does play a huge part in the game, a story not enjoyable to gamer can sort of ruin the experience.

Nice to see that's cleared up though, and yeah. I guess it's the money. I bet more folks go for that wacky sh*t and all the other gimmicks the latest Saints Rows had.
By SO Remixer
Registration Days Posts Avatar
GTA IV, while it can be a fun game to screw around in with cheats, the story mode is not that fun to play and it gets pretty dull. TBoGT is deformity the best of the 3 different versions of GTA IV, since you get the buzzard and parachutes. After playing GTA V, there is really no reason for me to go back in play IV. The driving in IV is horrendous and there is not as many cool weapons and vehicles as V. There isn't even any car customization and there's a very limited amount of clothes to chose from. I would on,y go back and play IV because I really like Liberty City. It's a neat urban environment. The only other way you'd get me to play IV again is if it was the PC version and it came loaded with some cool mods like the zombie mod or the super man mod.

GTA SA is kinda of meh to me. It's a hell of an accomplishment since the game world was absolutely huge, and there is a ton of stuff to do, but it just isn't as much mindless fun as III and VC. I like GTA III so much because you can quickly get involved in some ridiculous war with the police in no time. Liberty City is just the right size for me, it's not too big and its not too small, which is why I pretty much have the whole layout of the city mapped out in my mind. And personally. I prefer silent protagonists, it gets annoying and old after a while to hear the same one liners form your character and I like to just play as a character who ends up becoming what you make of them.
By Olanov
I prefer the driving in IV to be honest. It's in fact a whole lot more real compared to cars in V, which feel like they handle on rails all the time. This comes to be a problem especially when the police get involved. Instead of using the proper handling lines, due to the cars handling like on rails, they can speedboost and cheat their way to catch up with you during pursuits, and to ram you in same manner. Just one of the numerous examples. Depends on the person though, I guess. Some look for more arcadey fun and others for a more realistic car handling.

Nothing wrong with that. I liked GTA IV's story the most just because of how serious and mature it was this time compared to the others (of course there are exceptions, and it can be slightly over the top at times, but it is a satire after all). It was unique, refreshing and it was kept fresh with interesting, even funny charactes throughout the whole game. Not only that but it also provided you with some pretty interesting missions.

I liked V though. The storyline is the only thing that makes me keep coming back due to how horrible the game is just about in every other aspect, (to me) but sadly it felt a whole lot more shorter and it was just as if there was something missing. Can't tell what but something, definitely. Perhaps future DLC's will fill in that empty feel. Pretty much the gameplay in V outside of the storyline and GTA Online is which frustates me the most.
By VAIMAHDO
GTA IV is my favorite, and always will be. It took the definition of realstic gaming to a new level, with an intence level of randomness in multiplayer (before GTA V came out and everyone left). I accidentally picked Vice city as the worsts, but I did mean San Andreas, my apoligies for that. GTA III is my second favorite, I still play it alot today, I actually have already planned to make animations of it! I didn't like San Andreas as much because it's lack of realism, it just feels too cartoony for it's age, but of course the game WAS about the story. I do agree that the game is over rated, I like it, but it's far over rated. DRIV3R honestly takes my interest so fast away from SA, because of it's ahead of time realism, and overall the game was just fun and impressive. DRIV3R still impresses me today! I think DRIV3R was a HUGE step from Driver 2, showing off their potential of realism, and also noticing that you need a fast processor for the game, also to hear the fact that the game was ment to be even more advanced then it is! Anyway I'm cutting that off because that's a bit off topic. DRIV3R disserves better ratings, no doubt. GTA IV has had endless complaints about it's realistic physics baised vehicle handling. I disagree entirely, because I love to loose control of my vehicle, and I love to feel the weight of the car! The physics were so perfect too, and just the enviorment of GTA IV is special to me. I don't like GTA V's new handling and physics system, cars tires can bend only upward, and cars feel locked to the ground half the time, rather than being physics baised. There were improvements, but I feel V had more disadvantages in car baised realism. Oh and ragdolls in V feel too controlled.
By max.thunder
GTA IV PC car physics are outstanding in my opinion, i played recently GTA V and it can't be compared to IV. GTA V in terms of that looks like a GTA III era game. I didn't like the story a lot in IV, hope to get the expansion pack to see if it's good. I didn't play a lot V since i don't have it but seeing it from surface in physics terms, IV is better for me.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]