Because video games are fun.
By max.thunder
Tristan Donovan, author of Replay: The History of Video Games, explained: "The new GTA game is the major title of 2012, and for it to be anything other than a raging critical and commercial success would be a shock.
Read more
By max.thunder
By max.thunder
After 8 months and 10 days we have new images about the game

By Fireboyd78
FINALLY It looks beautiful!
By max.thunder
Seems that more of GTA V will be shown in Gamescom this August

1:49 GTA V (2 seconds of the video trailer shown in November)

By Fireboyd78
It was already discussed that GTA V will not be shown at GamesCom, apparently Take-Two confirmed that R* will not be there. Oh well.
By Dykemann
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
Looks just like the Abomination that was GTA IV, where apperantly cars where made of Gram Crackers and the controls of an unborn child.
This just looks like the same dissapointment that made me give up upon the GTA Series .

BTW : Why is this Posted on a Driver Forum :?: :!: :?: :!:
By 0takumetalhead
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Won't be getting it, will be playing Metro Last Light on the highest difficulty at that point. Seems to much like GTA San Andreas to me.

edit: want to ad that I don't care anymore about the GTA series since GTA SA was released with the exception of Chinatown Wars and LCS.
By Fireboyd78
0takumetalheadgamer wrote:Won't be getting it, will be playing Metro Last Light on the highest difficulty at that point. Seems to much like GTA San Andreas to me.

edit: want to ad that I don't care anymore about the GTA series since GTA SA was released with the exception of Chinatown Wars and LCS.
We don't even know what kind of content or gameplay will be in GTA V yet, not much has been released...never judge a book by its cover.
Dykemann wrote:Looks just like the Abomination that was GTA IV, where apperantly cars where made of Gram Crackers and the controls of an unborn child.
This just looks like the same dissapointment that made me give up upon the GTA Series .

BTW : Why is this Posted on a Driver Forum :?: :!: :?: :!:
Once again as I said above, we don't even know that much about the game yet. Can't say it's an abomination just like GTA IV until you see it in action, which quite frankly, none of us have. The trailer didn't mean anything.

And why is this posted in a Driver forum? Simple, you're in the "Other Games > Games" section, which is where you can talk about any game you feel like talking about.
By Olanov
Man, I can't wait for this! GTA IV definitely was the best of GTA's for me, can't wait to see what'll come out of this one.
By Dykemann
CarLuver69 wrote:
Once again as I said above, we don't even know that much about the game yet. Can't say it's an abomination just like GTA IV until you see it in action, which quite frankly, none of us have. The trailer didn't mean anything.

And why is this posted in a Driver forum? Simple, you're in the "Other Games > Games" section, which is where you can talk about any game you feel like talking about.
Still .
By max.thunder
As CarLuver69 said don't judge this game just by the trailer. I think that this time we will see a more polished version of GTA IV with obviously more freedom, i always liked some open roads and stuff. Stuck a lot in a city feels like a jail.
Rockstar website wrote:Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California.
In some way i agree with Dykemann, GTA IV was worse in terms of gameplay and freedom than GTA SA. GTA IV was like GTA III again but in HD. It became more realistic and photorealistic but i missed some of the fun feeling of the previous games (like satire of the american society).

Maybe the main factor that I disliked the game were the driving physics, i've never used to them. Probably it could be easier with a speedometer because I crashed a lot due speeding and suddenly braking hard. Hope that some mods can solve that.

In my opinion:

As for atmosphere and soundtrack GTA III Vice City wins.
As for freedom and lots of stuff to do GTA III San Andreas wins. (Soundtrack was also cool)
As for realism and storyline GTA IV wins. (I didn't liked that much the soundtrack)
By Fireboyd78
max.thunder wrote: Maybe the main factor that I disliked the game were the driving physics, i've never used to them. Probably it could be easier with a speedometer because I crashed a lot due speeding and suddenly braking hard. Hope that some mods can solve that.
Sounds to me you like arcade-ish physics, in this case, GTA IV had pretty damn realistic driving physics. Some of the best open-world driving physics ever.
By max.thunder
Actually i liked Forza 4 physics (which is close to a driving simulator) and i even started doing drift in some corners. The physics in that game for me seem better than in Gran Turismo 5. But in my opinion GTA IV compared to both of those the driving isn't that fun. One of the main factors that i like is enjoy driving in a game. GTA IV could resolve that with tuned cars (turbocharged and supercharged cars would be awesome).
By Dykemann
CarLuver69 wrote:
max.thunder wrote: Maybe the main factor that I disliked the game were the driving physics, i've never used to them. Probably it could be easier with a speedometer because I crashed a lot due speeding and suddenly braking hard. Hope that some mods can solve that.
Sounds to me you like arcade-ish physics, in this case, GTA IV had pretty damn realistic driving physics. Some of the best open-world driving physics ever.
Physics as realistic as tyring to drive a flat Baskett Ball with very loosly seat belts .
By RacingFreak
Oh my god... please please dont even dare to compare GTA IV with GTAIII. GTAIII originally known as GTA3D is entirely built on RenderWare engine and developed by DMA Design is the best game made in the whole GTA series. GTAIV absolutely has nothing to go with it except Liberty City, which was completely rebuilt (it used 0.000% of GTA3 content). GTA VC was cool, but not really good atmosphere. SA sucked hard honestly, being all about gangsters. IV's physics werent any good either, too surrealistic, especially ragdolls.. when hit by car you fly like muppet in zero gravity, Dykemann explained that well. And V... just another RAGE game, only good seeing of new cars, but still can't beat GTA3. Problem?

That's my opinion.
By max.thunder
DMA Design is Rockstar North now and probably most of the team still the same.
By PostalDude
RacingFreak wrote:Oh my god... please please dont even dare to compare GTA IV with GTAIII. GTAIII originally known as GTA3D is entirely built on RenderWare engine and developed by DMA Design is the best game made in the whole GTA series. GTAIV absolutely has nothing to go with it except Liberty City, which was completely rebuilt (it used 0.000% of GTA3 content). GTA VC was cool, but not really good atmosphere. SA sucked hard honestly, being all about gangsters. IV's physics werent any good either, too surrealistic, especially ragdolls.. when hit by car you fly like muppet in zero gravity, Dykemann explained that well. And V... just another RAGE game, only good seeing of new cars, but still can't beat GTA3. Problem?

That's my opinion.
Basically this, except, it's gangstas, not gangsters. Gangsters are the wiseguys, gangstas are the "YOYOYO MUTHAFUCKA" idiots.
I love VC, but it just doesn't have that feel that GTA 3 has.
By RacingFreak
Exactly. Oh and Mark, Miller much? You gave warning for saying the truth. Good on you. Censored the post making the whole point absolete as I said close to negro word, which wasnt even racist...

I apologize.
By Olanov
RacingFreak wrote:Oh my god... please please dont even dare to compare GTA IV with GTAIII. GTAIII originally known as GTA3D is entirely built on RenderWare engine and developed by DMA Design is the best game made in the whole GTA series. GTAIV absolutely has nothing to go with it except Liberty City, which was completely rebuilt (it used 0.000% of GTA3 content). GTA VC was cool, but not really good atmosphere. SA sucked hard honestly, being all about gangsters. IV's physics werent any good either, too surrealistic, especially ragdolls.. when hit by car you fly like muppet in zero gravity, Dykemann explained that well. And V... just another RAGE game, only good seeing of new cars, but still can't beat GTA3. Problem?

That's my opinion.
I'm not going to lie, the physics in IV are much better when compared to any of the GTAIII era games, so far probably the best of the series seeing as V isn't out yet. Now when we view the technical points, GTA IV probably wins by a long shot. Though, in the terms of gameplay, IV is on pretty weak. However, multiplayer and mods for PC do make it last for longer.

Myself, I can't but enjoy the living, breathing city Rockstar had created for IV. The amount of details in the city was absolutely amazing, and the peds that populate it. The way they do a lot of stuff when just minding their own business and all, there's a lot to see what's happening around. Also their relationships to other peds, it's great to see a fight or a gunbattle to break out on their own. The detail in vehicles was also pretty surpising for a GTA game that time. It's simply breathtaking to just take a walk or drive around the block and watch as the city flows on. I still haven't gotten even bored of the game and what it's got to offer. Out of all GTA games, I've played it the most even though it was the last one I was introduced to. 2365 hours on Steam, then just add in the other thousand from the PS3 version and when I had the pirated version for PC.

I enjoy the III era GTA games too, in the end, I don't think IV and III era GTA's should be even compared, seeing as how different directions they're intentionally heading and what they're trying to be.

I don't get how you're saying V is just another RAGE game and possibly can't beat GTA 3. The game's not even out yet! Way to look silly, RF. Way to look silly.
By RacingFreak
Its still another RAGE game but ok. I still prefer Driver over GTA IV.

OK the details and stuff, but I didnt meant that... its the specific feeling GTA IV lacks completely. Here PD will agree.
By Olanov
RacingFreak wrote:Its still another RAGE game but ok. I still prefer Driver over GTA IV.

OK the details and stuff, but I didnt meant that... its the specific feeling GTA IV lacks completely. Here PD will agree.
Saying "it's just another RAGE game" doesn't really explain a lot, but OK.

Of course they're going to feel different. They sound, look different from the beginning. It's a whole new game engine, and Rockstar's first large scale experiment on it. I, again don't even understand why are you even trying to compare III era and IV era, it's really an odd thing to do. And what does Driver have to do with any of this?
By Olanov
RacingFreak wrote:Because thats me, weirdo, not understandable and most likey talking bs. senf. :)
Explains a lot. :P
By max.thunder

By max.thunder
Looks like this guy will be the main character

By 0takumetalhead
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
If it is the main character then there's less chance that it will become a San andreas 2 hopefully. I will wait till it is confirmed and how the gameplay will be before I make a final judgement.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]