Because video games are fun.
By Sedans
GTA V is a disgrace to the GTA franchise. I really don't like what R* did with it. i was so hyped for the game. played it two days and began to hate it. (N) Thought it'd be different on PS4.. so i got it for ps4.. even more disappointed. (N) (N)

Good games are hard to come by now a days..
By PostalDude
Terrible characters, terrible storyline, smartphone/social media integration, can't pick up objects, all the good cars from IV cut, bad cop & ped AI, barren countryside and desert, dead city etc.
And on next gen the amount of recycled car interiors is retarded. The Ruiner, which had a nice third gen Berlinetta Camaro interior in IV and last gen V now has a generic early 70's muscle car interior. :/
By Sedans
Oh god, the story is the worst GTA story to date. Michael is a snitch, Trevor a sicko, and Franklin a boring dud. There are so many plot holes and awkward moments. There are no defining goals. Everything feels forced and rushed.

ALL the good cars from GTA IV were cut, i mean the:

Faction
Sabre
Marbelle
Presidente
PMP 600
Hakumai
Vincent
Feroci
Moonbeam
Merit
Willard
Uranus
Cavaclade FXT
Buccaneer (was better in IV)
Bobcat (was better in IV)
Rancher 2 door
etc etc

ALL failed to make an appearance. The Blista Compact, Stallion, and Dukes were added later as DLC cars.. seriously? it makes no sense considering the HD models were already created. The driving physics are drastically worse and one dimensional compared to GTA IV, R* did not go one step forward and two steps back, They just went 3 steps back. I mean dafuq??

The police are insane and overpowered, along with the rest of hostile NPCs.. and the peds are dry and have no personality, other than ramming you off the road or mowing you over whilst flipping you off and cussing you out. The map sucks. Online is terrible ( a huge step back from GTA IV multiplayer IMO)

R* claimed "Unique interiors for all the cars on new gen!" Bull. There's like , 7 different interiors spread throughout every car. It's retarded.
By Sedans
Yeah. I agree. It's like they didnt even care when they made this game. like at all. The Emperor sedan in GTA IV is a way more fun vehicle to drive in IV than V.

beater Emperor in GTA IV:

Slow acceleration, good top speed
bouncy suspension
body roll when turning
horn that sounds like the wiring is corroded
fun to power slide
powerful in collisions

beater Emperor in GTA V:
slow acceleration. slower top speed.
No suspension what so ever.. like a driving a styrofoam box
no body roll, no handling
terrible horn
can't power slide, since the car only does over 35 mph on a good day
no mass.

GTA V is just fucked. worst waste of money. Not deserving of the GTA namesake. I dont have a PC so i won't be able to enjoy the mods and *upgrades* (fixing R*'s F-ups)
By VAIMAHDO
Ooo now here's where I can place my thoughts on the game:
GTA V was an interesting story, a great one at that. But when compared to the previous Grand Theft Autos, it's a downgrade. The ragdoll physics are just plain "What? Why the f**k is it this way?" I feel like I'm on an ice plane yet I stick to the ground when I jump out of a moving vehicle. When you fall from the sky you always somehow end up falling back first to the ground and overall the ragdoll physics aren't fun to mess with like in GTA IV.

Oh the f***ing vehicle physics, don't even get me started..
Crashing cars is boring and feels like a massive downgrade from GTA IV.
Vehicles are made of paper yet stick to the ground, you can't mash into a sidewalk curb or use it as a jump, and the only reason cars feel somewhat like they're made of metal is because they have reflections.
Shooting is more straight forward, and there are more weapons then the previous GTA titles.
Multiplayer is a joke, what happened to the enjoyable freedom filled GTA IV multiplayer system?! That was gold! GTA V's multiplayer feels like a jail of kill and be killed non stop.
Vehicle handling is a joke.
The character customization on PS3 and Xbox 360 are just plain stupid.
Too many assholes on multiplayer spamming sticky bombs, rockets, miniguns, fighter jets, and tanks.
The map has some fun areas, but overall feels empty. (To fix that, you would need FLOODED traffic and pedestrians)
What happened to the sh*tty car horns and overall common sense with vehicle logic?
Vehicle handling is a joke.
WHY CAN'T WE PICK UP CUPS AND THROW IT AT PEOPLE LIKE WE COULD IN GTA IV?! THAT'S AN OBVIOUS DOWNGRADE
The Liberator is the only fun vehicle to drive, but has an ugly ass paint job that you can't customize.
The f**k is wrong with collision bounds?! Cars sink halfway into the ground half the time and after being deformed half the dam car sinks into the ground.
AND WHY, OH WHY, DOES EVERY PEDESTRAIN LOOK THE SAME?! DO THEY ONLY SPAWN TWO MODELS PER GENDER?! In GTA IV I swear there was more variety in pedestrians and speeches. I can't even tell you how many times I've heard these pedestrian quotes in GTA V:
"You c*ck sucker. Stupid d*ck" -I'm certain you know who spams that line, I launch a rocket into a taxi driver every dam time I hear that sh*t.
Speaking of repetitiveness, vehicles...
THE SAME DAM CARS SPAWN EVERYWHERE. AND HAVE NO VARIATION LIKE IN GTA IV.
(GTA IV had cars with randomly generated dents {sometimes} and the junky version of cars were overall better.)

Flying planes are fun.
Helicopters were better in GTA IV.
The microphone chat in GTA Online has a serious disease.
The PC system requirements are rather low, so that's nice.
Fighting and melee attacks are useless, slow, and on multiplayer nothing registers. Players end up teleporting everywhere and die from nothing.
Vehicle handling is a joke (I keep saying this to show just how much I hate the new handling mechanics, or shall I say, defects)

It's fun to play on single player to free roam on, and if you get some of your friends (if you even have any who have any common sense at all) you can host some silly 10+ player events or raids on public lobbies (Such as a dump truck invasions, tank invasions, or Liberator invasions).
Why is everyone going crazy over "heists"? I'm not even interested to find out what kind of material it will add to the game.

I sort of quit GTA V's multiplayer, I rarely play, if I play at all it's usually with someone from Driver Madness. You know why, because there is no freedom in "Free Mode".
By Olanov
VAIMAHDO wrote:Too many assholes on multiplayer spamming sticky bombs, rockets, miniguns, fighter jets, and tanks.
Assholes which exists everywhere. Welcome to the internet.
VAIMAHDO wrote:The map has some fun areas, but overall feels empty. (To fix that, you would need FLOODED traffic and pedestrians)
Console limitations. Next-gen + PC is filled with peds and animals.
VAIMAHDO wrote:What happened to the sh*tty car horns and overall common sense with vehicle logic?
What are you even talking about?
VAIMAHDO wrote:WHY CAN'T WE PICK UP CUPS AND THROW IT AT PEOPLE LIKE WE COULD IN GTA IV?! THAT'S AN OBVIOUS DOWNGRADE
I hope this is sarcasm. Please tell me it's sarcasm.
VAIMAHDO wrote:The Liberator is the only fun vehicle to drive, but has an ugly ass paint job that you can't customize.
That's just like, your opinion, dude.
VAIMAHDO wrote:The f**k is wrong with collision bounds?! Cars sink halfway into the ground half the time and after being deformed half the dam car sinks into the ground.
I have yet to see that happen in all of my hours of playing V.
VAIMAHDO wrote:AND WHY, OH WHY, DOES EVERY PEDESTRAIN LOOK THE SAME?! DO THEY ONLY SPAWN TWO MODELS PER GENDER?! In GTA IV I swear there was more variety in pedestrians and speeches. I can't even tell you how many times I've heard these pedestrian quotes in GTA V:
"You c*ck sucker. Stupid d*ck" -I'm certain you know who spams that line, I launch a rocket into a taxi driver every dam time I hear that sh*t.
Speaking of repetitiveness, vehicles...
Say hi to autistic consoles again.
VAIMAHDO wrote:THE SAME DAM CARS SPAWN EVERYWHERE. AND HAVE NO VARIATION LIKE IN GTA IV.
(GTA IV had cars with randomly generated dents {sometimes} and the junky version of cars were overall better.)
Consoles. Next-gen's variations again regarding cars is simply amazing. GTA V also has a lot more vehicles than IV did in general.
By VAIMAHDO
Olanov wrote:
Assholes which exists everywhere. Welcome to the internet.
That sums it up perfectly. (Y)
Olanov wrote: Console limitations. Next-gen + PC is filled with peds and animals.
Say hi to autistic consoles again.
Consoles. Next-gen's variations again regarding cars is simply amazing. GTA V also has a lot more vehicles than IV did in general.
Yeah, I believe more cars and pedestrians can spawn in random orders on a PS3, but I'm not certain, I've never made a PS3 game before. As far as HOW MANY there are, yeah, there's nothing much Rockstar could have done about that.
Olanov wrote:
VAIMAHDO wrote:What happened to the sh*tty car horns and overall common sense with vehicle logic?
What are you even talking about?
Junky cars in GTA IV were a lot more realistic and contained many aspects you would see in a real life junky vehicle. (Also referring to glitchy collision bounds which I state later) There just a few too many brand new cars in GTA V, when in reality (At least here in Vegas) not very many people have a new car, they usually have one from the 90's and older.
Olanov wrote:
VAIMAHDO wrote:WHY CAN'T WE PICK UP CUPS AND THROW IT AT PEOPLE LIKE WE COULD IN GTA IV?! THAT'S AN OBVIOUS DOWNGRADE
I hope this is sarcasm. Please tell me it's sarcasm.
Despite the obvious dramatic capslock yelling, I did throw random objects at other players quite often in GTA IV and had some laughs with it, so that tiny feature not being in GTA V just takes out another feature. I could live without it, but it's still fun to mess with.
Olanov wrote:
VAIMAHDO wrote:The Liberator is the only fun vehicle to drive, but has an ugly ass paint job that you can't customize.
That's just like, your opinion, dude.
I admit I was quite vague here. Let me explain: The Liberator has the most favorable handling in my opinion, while some vehicle are too slow such as that 70's station wagon driving around once in a while and the Emperor. Bike handling was more fun in GTA IV, despite the glitch where if you flip too slow, you will be forced to stay upside down. Bicycle handling is more fun in GTA V then it was in GTA SA.
Olanov wrote:
VAIMAHDO wrote:The f**k is wrong with collision bounds?! Cars sink halfway into the ground half the time and after being deformed half the dam car sinks into the ground.
I have yet to see that happen in all of my hours of playing V.
It's the easiest to do with a Z-Type, just race it around and damage the hell out of the ass end, and eventually the rear end will sink into the ground at times.
Hopefully I made everything more clear. (Y)
By Olanov
Yeah, makes more sense now. I'd throw that thing with the Z-type along with console limitations. Game can't keep up on consoles at all with the speeds you do, I've witnessed this as well in other ways. Map disappearing etc. My guess is they threw in less junky cars in favor of others. Just a dev choice they stuck with. It's a shame but understandable. When in V you can own garages, it's doubtful a lot of people would prefer to have a sh*t heap in their garage.

Older cars are supposed to be much slower, though. I agree on the handling for the most part, though. What happened to cutting corners in 100mph and flipping the car?
By VAIMAHDO
Olanov wrote:Yeah, makes more sense now. I'd throw that thing with the Z-type along with console limitations. Game can't keep up on consoles at all with the speeds you do, I've witnessed this as well in other ways. Map disappearing etc. My guess is they threw in less junky cars in favor of others. Just a dev choice they stuck with. It's a shame but understandable. When in V you can own garages, it's doubtful a lot of people would prefer to have a sh*t heap in their garage.

Older cars are supposed to be much slower, though. I agree on the handling for the most part, though. What happened to cutting corners in 100mph and flipping the car?
Right, I loved the moments in GTA IV where I would be chasing someone, they're in a Dodge Caravan and im in the Phantom, when the player in the Caravan takes a tight turn, and speeds off while my semi fell to its side.After a few hundred feet he made another tight turn and rolled over his van. We then had an epic shootout on this freeway, and just as we were both about to die an Ahnilator drills through the scene, killing the Caravan man and getting blown up by a rocket launcher. The helicopter, landed on me. :D . Ah it's a great memory. :)
Okay, so my point here was to give a real example of how vehicle physics effect gameplay. I had a simillar chase in GTA V, it didn't flow well.

I happened to be in a Phantom, since I like big and destructive vehicles, and I was chasing another player in his Adder. After a few sharp turns he dissappeared off into the draw distance limit. Then I was blown up by a tank....
By PostalDude
Olanov wrote:My guess is they threw in less junky cars in favor of others. Just a dev choice they stuck with. It's a shame but understandable. When in V you can own garages, it's doubtful a lot of people would prefer to have a sh*t heap in their garage.
I hate all the poorly modeled modern euro-trash sports cars they put in V. All of the "boring saloons" they cut were much more interesting. (Admiral, Willard, Pinnacle .etc)
By VAIMAHDO
Now that I really think about it, how many YouTube videos of people playing GTA IV have a sports car as their wallpaper in modding tutorials? Then in game they have some crazy HD sports car model and refuse to switch to any other vehicle. Rockstar pays attention, just like how they made a reference in GTA V of a GTA IV video where the player was on a Faggio and had encountered another one. The player started saying "Scooottaa brrootthhaaa!" and making a huge deal out of it. So, there are more sports car fans then fans of any other vehicle, I mean, I see them EVERYWHERE.
Here's what (based on what I've seen) percentage of players in games prefer to drive:
Sports car/Super car: 68%
Classic/Vintage: 22%
Bikes: 9%
Odd vehicles (Airtugs,etc.): 0.9%
Big rigs and busses: 0.1% (I'm in this group :D )
So it's probably a smart move Rockstar made when creating vehicles for GTA V. There aren't too many of us in the other groups therefore we're hard to notice or they just decided not to waste their time. Even though there are classics in the game, there are far more sports cars outnumbering them. Also remember, do you see players driving anything else on multiplayer besides a super car/sports car? Very rarely, that is, if they just ditched it into a lake or it was blown up.
I've been playing Watch_Dogs on multiplayer a lot lately, and I notice something:
If a player encounters a semi or any huge vehicle, they tend to not even look at it or if they do, walk away.
If a player spots a super car, they will instantly steal it.
If a player finds a classic car, they will sometimes steal it.
If a player finds a bike, they once in a while steal it.
It's kind of neat to see all of this. (Y)

What I need, what you need, what we all need, is DRIV6R

Not a spin off of Driver San Fransico, not another Driver 1, but a new Driver, one that's truly unique while giving us the feeling we had in Driver 1 (And for those DRIV3R fans) that feeling you get with DRIV3R.
By Sedans
Olanov wrote:Yeah, makes more sense now. I'd throw that thing with the Z-type along with console limitations. Game can't keep up on consoles at all with the speeds you do, I've witnessed this as well in other ways. Map disappearing etc. My guess is they threw in less junky cars in favor of others. Just a dev choice they stuck with. It's a shame but understandable. When in V you can own garages, it's doubtful a lot of people would prefer to have a sh*t heap in their garage.
its not just the beater cars they cut, tho. They cut 75% of the regular civilian car lineup to make room for modern generic gas sipper cars. I guess that's the way of the world now but it's disgusting. They should have at least left the cars in the game instead of cutting them. As if the dumbed down arcade handling they did for V wasn't upsetting enough, they cut every car worth a crap as well. Now its all sup3r kool sooper cars and generic looking sports cars.

Why? Because GTA V is a children's game with an adult rating. Just look at the game in its' entirety. It was designed for children, especially the online portion. R* has gone corrupt. They fail at every element of classic GTA.

The satirical element: we dont get satire in GTA V.. just failed, dimwitted children's jokes and profanity.
the interesting element: As someone who's had every GTA since Vice City, GTA V is the least interesting GTA I've ever played. The antagonists, if you could even call them that, are about as scary and threatening and a pink teddy bear.
the gripping element: The story has no kind of emotional connection, its so awkward and forced. I feel no compassion for any character
the grand theft auto element, Though no GTA has every focused entirely on stealing cars, it seems that cars is even less important now than ever..
the humor element: c*nt sh*t f**k mother f**ker dick titty balls hipster hippity hip hop hippo is not humorous, it's annoying and childish. Profanity is only exclusively funny or cool to children,
the replayabillity element: Story's over? Game's over. Hardly any side activities (durr lets yoga guys) and really nothing to keep me interested in the game. The driving physics are horribly unsatisfying, the radio is terrible, the characters are hateable, and the map may be huge, but it's quite empty as in it is one-dimensional. The peds have no personalities, other than to cuss you out and call terminator cops on you for merely standing on the sidewalk. Terrible programming, terrible story, terrible game. Online is nothing but a micro-transaction trap for rich people and kids with their parent's credit cards.

The ps4 and Xb1 versions were incredibly disappointing as well, graphics updated a wee bit and first person mode and that's IT.

I haven't been this disappointed with a game i was so excited for since Driv3r. I'm serious.
By VAIMAHDO
Sedans wrote: The satirical element: we dont get satire in GTA V.. just failed, dimwitted children's jokes and profanity.
the humor element: c*nt sh*t f**k mother f**ker dick titty balls hipster hippity hip hop hippo is not humorous, it's annoying and childish. Profanity is only exclusively funny or cool to children,
Profanity can be used wisely to enhance the mood of the story or joke, but Rockstar just spammed it throughout the story this time around. For example, in Watch_Dogs, Jordi puts plenty of comedy into random situations without the need of profanity. "But it wasn't the pizza guy!" (I can't remember this line entirely)
Speaking of cursing being so interesting in children, one of the hipsters at my school said countless words in a poor order. Exact words as he was walking past me: "Mother f**ker bullsh** f**k sh*t......" He said it so sloppy, fast and lazily that it just made him look like he had the intelligence of dirt.
Sedans wrote: it seems that cars is even less important now than ever..
Rest In Pieces, vehicle importance :( *Blows up all the cars from previous GTAs with a GTA V tank*
Sedans wrote: Hardly any side activities (durr lets yoga guys) and really nothing to keep me interested in the game.
I know right! Virtual sports, Rockstar.. Just... Stop... I'd rather grapple hook a train of cars together in Just Cause 2.
Sedans wrote: the radio is terrible,
I always mute the radio in GTA V, and will only listen to "Gaslamp Killer - Nissim" if it even comes on. I just don't get the music choices in GTA V.
Sedans wrote: The peds have no personalities, other than to cuss you out and call terminator cops on you for merely standing on the sidewalk.
I always call the cops in this game "Hackers" since they seem so much like aimbot modders you will encounter in first person shooters.
Sedans wrote:Online is nothing but a micro-transaction trap for rich people and kids with their parent's credit cards.
Rockstar made it where, if you don't have money in GTA Online, you can't have fun, you can't go far very fast, you can't defend yourself. Nothing.
By the way is it just me or did the police AI get worse after the last update? I can't even steal a fighter jet out of the military base anymore. I get instantly blown by aim bot police in those dam tanks. I swear they used to miss when firing at me. (FYI I'M IN A CHEETH SPEEDING DOWN THE AIRFIELD, FULL SPEED.)
By Olanov
Sedans wrote:The satirical element: we dont get satire in GTA V.. just failed, dimwitted children's jokes and profanity.
Trust me, I know this as much as you do but my guess is they dumbed it down for, well, dumb people. Probably for the ones who thought GTA IV was 2serious, but lacked to actually see the smart sarcastic value.
Sedans wrote:the interesting element: As someone who's had every GTA since Vice City, GTA V is the least interesting GTA I've ever played. The antagonists, if you could even call them that, are about as scary and threatening and a pink teddy bear.
the gripping element: The story has no kind of emotional connection, its so awkward and forced. I feel no compassion for any character
While I feel the antoganists weren't as interesting, I found rest of the story great, if not better. I simply love the agency wars between the FiB and the IAA, not to mention, the numerious heists. (Paleto bay disincluded, that was way too easy/boring)
Sedans wrote:the grand theft auto element, Though no GTA has every focused entirely on stealing cars, it seems that cars is even less important now than ever..

I have no idea what makes you think that but I fully disagree. They were even given customization options this time, which makes R* seem that they paid even more focus on them.
Sedans wrote:Hardly any side activities (durr lets yoga guys) I thought and really nothing to keep me interested in the game.

I don't know about this again, as I found there was tons of stuff to do. More so than in IV.
Sedans wrote:The driving physics are horribly unsatisfying, the radio is terrible, the characters are hateable, and the map may be huge, but it's quite empty as in it is one-dimensional. The peds have no personalities, other than to cuss you out and call terminator cops on you for merely standing on the sidewalk. Terrible programming, terrible story, terrible game. Online is nothing but a micro-transaction trap for rich people and kids with their parent's credit cards.

This bashing for the most part seems pretty empty, but it's almost as if you're also stating it as a fact, which I don't understand. There's not a single time where the game is so hard that it would force you to use micro-transactions or that it showed them in your face. If anything, it's nice that for busy people, there's that option to get easy money, if they wish to do so, which no one is forced to do and through which no one really gains a HUGE gain over another. Okay, the person has more money to spend on an apartment, maybe his cars or buy weapons & ammunition? So can you! It's easy to rack up $100,000 in-game in a couple of jobs with your friends, especially since they increased the amount of money you get.

Radio is terrible? Cool, that's your opinion but I've grown to like it. Like with pretty much any GTA, there's songs I like and songs I don't like. I don't see how this is a huge issue, but then again, I'm not you. I don't know about the map either, it has a lot of unique elements to nature and places to go visit. Like any real desert or forest, there is a lot of empty space, cos that's how they work. No one was complaining about that in GTA SA.

The cops only arrest you if you get in their personal space, not standing on the sidewalk. Terrible programming? Terrible story, how so? If anything, the programming saw a lot of improvements over V, though it is a shame the cops speed boost now but that's more or less my only issue about the programming.

I don't understand the part about peds either, they more or less behave as they always have, with even more improvements.
Sedans wrote:The ps4 and Xb1 versions were incredibly disappointing as well, graphics updated a wee bit and first person mode and that's IT.

The visuals were updated tons from the old gen, I have no idea what you've been watching. The fact that they built the animations ground up from beginning to end so they support first person is already very massive.
Sedans wrote:I haven't been this disappointed with a game i was so excited for since Driv3r. I'm serious.
Too bad I guess?
VAIMAHDO wrote:By the way is it just me or did the police AI get worse after the last update? I can't even steal a fighter jet out of the military base anymore. I get instantly blown by aim bot police in those dam tanks. I swear they used to miss when firing at me. (FYI I'M IN A CHEETH SPEEDING DOWN THE AIRFIELD, FULL SPEED.)
I haven't noticed that. More than likely it's a jet that took you out with it's rockets, I know I've faced that situation a couple of times I thought I was home free.
By pete
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Well in my opinion GTA V is not a bad game. Not at all. Were previous GTAs better? of course! But still, like you guys I have a lot to complain about- though I'd be lying if I said those things made the game unplayably bad, because I had and still have a lot of fun with it.
My biggest complaints would be the crappy radio stations (Fusion FM FTW!), the overly persistent cops (I just want to murder people, come on!) and that the game was overall less immersive than GTA IV, although I cannot quite point out why.
Then again, I'm an optimist and I can enjoy almost any game that doesn't want me to hate it (*cough* Bournout: Paradise *cough*). Rockstar tried it's best, and I say they have succeded in making a great game.
VAIMAHDO wrote:What I need, what you need, what we all need, is DRIV6R
lol
By Sedans
Olanov wrote:
Sedans wrote:The satirical element: we dont get satire in GTA V.. just failed, dimwitted children's jokes and profanity.
Trust me, I know this as much as you do but my guess is they dumbed it down for, well, dumb people. Probably for the ones who thought GTA IV was 2serious, but lacked to actually see the smart sarcastic value.
Sedans wrote:the interesting element: As someone who's had every GTA since Vice City, GTA V is the least interesting GTA I've ever played. The antagonists, if you could even call them that, are about as scary and threatening and a pink teddy bear.
While I feel the antoganists weren't as interesting, I found rest of the story great, if not better. I simply love the agency wars between the FiB and the IAA, not to mention, the numerious heists. (Paleto bay disincluded, that was way too easy/boring)
Sedans wrote:the grand theft auto element, Though no GTA has every focused entirely on stealing cars, it seems that cars is even less important now than ever..

I have no idea what makes you think that but I fully disagree. They were even given customization options this time, which makes R* seem that they paid even more focus on them.
Sedans wrote:Hardly any side activities (durr lets yoga guys) I thought and really nothing to keep me interested in the game.

I don't know about this again, as I found there was tons of stuff to do. More so than in IV.
Sedans wrote:The driving physics are horribly unsatisfying, the radio is terrible, the characters are hateable, and the map may be huge, but it's quite empty as in it is one-dimensional. The peds have no personalities, other than to cuss you out and call terminator cops on you for merely standing on the sidewalk. Terrible programming, terrible story, terrible game. Online is nothing but a micro-transaction trap for rich people and kids with their parent's credit cards.

This bashing for the most part seems pretty empty, but it's almost as if you're also stating it as a fact, which I don't understand. There's not a single time where the game is so hard that it would force you to use micro-transactions or that it showed them in your face. If anything, it's nice that for busy people, there's that option to get easy money, if they wish to do so, which no one is forced to do and through which no one really gains a HUGE gain over another. Okay, the person has more money to spend on an apartment, maybe his cars or buy weapons & ammunition? So can you! It's easy to rack up $100,000 in-game in a couple of jobs with your friends, especially since they increased the amount of money you get.

Radio is terrible? Cool, that's your opinion but I've grown to like it. Like with pretty much any GTA, there's songs I like and songs I don't like. I don't see how this is a huge issue, but then again, I'm not you. I don't know about the map either, it has a lot of unique elements to nature and places to go visit. Like any real desert or forest, there is a lot of empty space, cos that's how they work. No one was complaining about that in GTA SA.

The cops only arrest you if you get in their personal space, not standing on the sidewalk. Terrible programming? Terrible story, how so? If anything, the programming saw a lot of improvements over V, though it is a shame the cops speed boost now but that's more or less my only issue about the programming.

I don't understand the part about peds either, they more or less behave as they always have, with even more improvements.
Sedans wrote:The ps4 and Xb1 versions were incredibly disappointing as well, graphics updated a wee bit and first person mode and that's IT.

The visuals were updated tons from the old gen, I have no idea what you've been watching. The fact that they built the animations ground up from beginning to end so they support first person is already very massive.
Sedans wrote:I haven't been this disappointed with a game i was so excited for since Driv3r. I'm serious.
Too bad I guess?
VAIMAHDO wrote:By the way is it just me or did the police AI get worse after the last update? I can't even steal a fighter jet out of the military base anymore. I get instantly blown by aim bot police in those dam tanks. I swear they used to miss when firing at me. (FYI I'M IN A CHEETH SPEEDING DOWN THE AIRFIELD, FULL SPEED.)
I haven't noticed that. More than likely it's a jet that took you out with it's rockets, I know I've faced that situation a couple of times I thought I was home free.
Subjectivity. Have you heard of it?

I didnt ask for a line-by-line breakdown of my post, where you say I'm stating my opinions as facts whilst your arguments are 100% subjective, also.

You clearly haven't played the same GTA V i have, and i played them on both new and old gen versions.
By VAIMAHDO
pete wrote:Well in my opinion GTA V is not a bad game. Not at all.
Yeah, I love GTA V, but we were complaining about the things we don't like about the game. Hell I play the game for 7 hours straight sometimes. I'm sure all of us love GTA V, but we don't love it like we love the previous titles. Overall it's an incredible game, but has some annoying and repetitive aspects such as the hacker police AI and spammed pedestrian quotes.
By Olanov
Sedans wrote:Subjectivity. Have you heard of it?

I didnt ask for a line-by-line breakdown of my post, where you say I'm stating my opinions as facts whilst your arguments are 100% subjective, also.

You clearly haven't played the same GTA V i have, and i played them on both new and old gen versions.
I know you didn't ask for a linear breakdown, but I decided to go for it anyway. Oh and I have heard of subjectivity but the way it was put it seemed as if those were some straight up facts and not opinions, hence providing my own. It's good you cleared it up. I also just want to provide a different eye on things people criticize, hence the replies. Whilst V has recieved some well deserved criticism there's a lot of bullsh** out there, too. Especially in regards of Rockstar's business model, when they provide tons of content for free. They could've been like any other company and made their content priced DLC but they haven't.

I'm not aware of different GTA V versions though. Mine's same as any other V and I've had my experiences on both gens. Closest to being a different version is the PS3 version with mods, which is a blast, I might add.
By Fab2cent
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
gta v to me is just a game to have fun with with mates and just crash cars and sh*t, you guys take it way to seriously tbh :lol: calm down brah!!!
By PostalDude
Fab2cent wrote:gta v to me is just a game to have fun with with mates and just crash cars and sh*t, you guys take it way to seriously tbh :lol: calm down brah!!!
Casual logic at it's finest. There is no fun to be had in GTA V nowadays. Not until the PC version is released and the .rpfs and other sh*t are cracked so all of R*'s f**k ups can be fixed.
By Olanov
PostalDude wrote:There is no fun to be had in GTA V nowadays.
Now that just ain't true.
By VAIMAHDO
TheEngiGuy wrote:You guys made me not want to buy it.
Allright, look. GTA V is a great game and lots of fun to play. We were just covering our little inconveniences with the game (comparing it to previous titles). Just the game it'self without comparing it to any other GTA title, it's a great experience with some unique visuals. I recommend you wait and get your hands on the PC version, it'll be better than the console versions of course. Don't get me and a few others wrong here, but as I said earlier, we're just discussing the minor things that we expected to be in the game and or things that felt odd compared to the sky high standards the previous GTAs had.

Trust me, there are far more positive things about the game then there ever will be negative. Everything here is opinion based, except for two facts: Police AI is insane, and multiplayer is GTA prison. But we do have a fix for both of these factors: With PC modding, we can make ourselves immortal on multiplayer, and we can freely inspect the environments and relax. I guarantee to you all that I will be playing the PC version of GTA V very often to almost every day for 6+ hours.

Hey guys, why don't we cover the positives about the game now? Because we're scaring people away. We want them to hear BOTH sides of the situation. So let me throw out a few ideas (I'm leaving in a second so I can't type too much right now):
Replay editor mode gives us many possibilities, no more is needed to be said here.
PC modding means consumer level players can make modded sky races too.
The story is pretty kick ass.
Multiplayer is very supportive of trolling, so grab your sticky bombs and annoy everyone.
The map is huge and there's a lot of areas to discover and explore.
Deathmatches are infinite fun in the hood, since it's quite compact and there are a lot of alley ways.
(Shiet I have to go.) Someone carry on with the positives...
By PostalDude
Olanov wrote:
PostalDude wrote:There is no fun to be had in GTA V nowadays.
Now that just ain't true.
First two or three months it was fun, then it just started to be a borefest. I'd boot it up to see the free update vehicles and check out the missing brakelights, smoothing group fuckups .etc and then stop playing.
Last edited by PostalDude on Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Olanov
PostalDude wrote:Meh. Funny ass vid, but it doesn't redeem V very much.
Wasn't supposed to.

(though I don't believe it also needs reedeeming)
By Olanov
PostalDude wrote:So, in order for the game to actually be fun on last gen you have to mod it
No.

But that's subjective so I can't say for you.

Hi. I saw in Helegad's thread about beta stuff in […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg