Because video games are fun.
Here you can post the games that you've enjoyed the most in your life, and probably think that they're the best games ever created. With that i mean that you would still enjoy these games now and maybe in the future.

Here's my list (with no particular order)

Ford Racing 3 (cool selection of Fords and the engine sounds were awesome,loved the sound of the Mustang SVT Cobra R, pretty good playing in split screen)

Flatout (the funniest thing was the events in which you had to throw the driver, loved bowling and the high jump)

Flatout 2 (the best thing was playing destruction derby mode on multiplayer with friends)

Battlefield 1942 (the funniest FPS that i've ever played, loved air combats with planes and get over other players with Jeep Willys)

Need For Speed II (loved crashing my car at top speed into Citroen 2 CV to see it fliping around)

Need For Speed III: Hot Pursuit (escaping from the cops with the cockpit view was an awesome sensation, you had the sensation that you were really pursued by cops, no words. Playing with a friend in the split screen increased a lot more the gaming experience. My favourite tracks were a Canyon in the desert and the Hometown)

Need For Speed Most Wanted (the amount of cop cars was awesome, loved those massive pursuits, as being the most modded NFS i loved pretty much replacing those eurocars and japaneses ricers into old american muscle cars and some supercars like McLaren F1 or Bugatti Veyron)

Test Drive 4 (the only TD that i've played along TDU, loved the San Francisco track and a track that looked like Autobahn, don't remember well. My favourite cars were Ac Cobra and Dodge Viper GTS R)

Counter Strike 1.6 (me and my friends created such popularity of the game in the in which i live that every day,after high school we had reunions in the library to play the game there, some weeks later, after the crew noticed what was happening they didn't allow us to play such kind of game, it was illegal to install any kind of game in the library PCs, although they were protected to install software i managed to avoid the limits, the competions in the library were awesome)

Dead Man's Hand (Atari cowboy FPS, hilarious game)

Grand Theft Auto (1997)

GTA III: Vice City (cool soundrack, city and funny missions, a great interpretation of the 80s)

Hard Truck II (the best trucking game that i ever played so far, with cockpit view, damage, fuel,police chases and variety of russian, european and american trucks, finished the game you could drive a car, being a boss of a trucks company)

Virtua Cop II (a cool game made for arcade rooms, originally to play it with laser guns but the PC port was pretty good)

From Driver to Driver Parallel Lines (haven't played Driver 76)
Driver, Driver, Driver and Driver. Nothing else, the whole series are badass.

Otherwise, my lifetime collection:
  • Chicago 90 - old DOS game, slightly remember it but this was too badass with that top-down view and awesome graphics;
  • Test Drive 1-3 - older games were awesome for it`s ages. Only the 3rd was on 3D Dos engine.
  • Test Drive 4 - first 3D 'Windows' game from their series. Had badass intro video and awesome music for the PSX.
  • Test Drive 5 - brilliant game, it also included cars and tracks from TD4.
  • Test Drive 6 - not so lovely and pretty decent. Cryo ruined it.
  • Test Drive: Overdrive - last game in series developed by Pitbull Syndicate (later Midway Newcastle), and last game pretending to be from Test Driver for me. Had little problems, but the graphics are still badass.
  • The Need for Speed - IT. IS. AWESOME. Police, fast cars, awesome tracks. What you else need ?
  • The Need for Speed SE - Slightly improved, this time having extra track and cars (If I`m not wrong).
  • Need for Speed II - Next game, this time it does not have any police, but improved handling and car models.
  • Need for Speed II SE - At last. Having special graphic mode, the game before NFS III had awesome interactive music, 3DFX shader graphics, new extra track and three special cars.
  • Need for Speed III - Just awesome. This time it had offering you the ability of having both Cop & Racer modes, especially noticeable is Hot Pursuit mode. It`s graphics were improved from NFS II SE`s.
  • Need for Speed: High Stakes - Now, the first from the series, as featuring interiors. Awesome game, sharing tracks and improved cars from NFS III. It was the winner from the war between Test Drive and Need for Speed (NFS guys copied the same way TD5 had tracks from it`s last game), but that TD6 was decent, while NFS4 awesome.
  • Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed - EA might still have the license. Celebrating 50 years (now 60) since creation of the brand Porsche since ever, it features each car produced from 1950 to 2000. Noticeable is how EA used same engine that was featured in the PSX version of Need for Speed: High Stakes.
  • Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 - game developer by newly formed Black Box. Interesting how similar both games (NFS: HP2 and TD: Overdrive) have to look like with their features.
  • Midtown Madness: Chicago Edition - first game by Angel Studios in Midtown Madness series. Featuring DirectX engine and detailed Chicago track, it`s very nice PC only game.
  • Midtown Madness 2 - featuring upgraded MM1 engine, but this time it had features never made, just like Replay feature. Has this time DirectX interactive music.
  • Midnight Club Street Racing - game made for PS2 only. Featuring amazingly updated MM2 engine, it was last Midtown Madness series title (because having connection between both engines). Features New York and new version of London as main cities.
  • Viper Racing - game that I still enjoy. Featuring amazingly made Dodge Vipers and even with damage, this game must be enjoyed by each true Racing genre fans.
  • ... more and more. I forgot almost how much games I ever played in my life. Listed the noticeable ones.
Colin McRae Rally 2
Rally Championship
Off Road Redneck Racing
4x4 Evolution
1nsane

Driver
Driver 2
Driver 3
Driver PL (Poland, hie hie hie xD)

Ignition
Midtown Madness 2
GeneRally
RC Cars
Revolt
Stunt GP
Micro Machines
Mashed Fully Loaded

Crash Bandicoot Team Racing
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
Crash Bandicoot 1 (my first contact with PSX)
Soldat (Polish 2d realtime shooter, awesome!)
Worms World Party
Worms (for DOS)
Tristan Pinball (for DOS)
Skunny Kart (for DOS, lol)
Mario (Pegasus/Famicon/NES and DOS)
Lemmings (DOS)

GOAL 3 - Kunio Kun no Nekketsu Soccer League (NES)
Tanks (NES)
1943 (NES)
Chip & Dale (NES)
F1 Championship (NES)
i don't remember accurate title - Ninja Quest? It has multiplayer with fencing. (NES)

Hopkins FBI
The Pink Panther Hocus Pocus (awesome dialogues in Polish version :D)

I don't remember... :P I hope you remember these titles. :)
Carmageddon 2

Gran Turismo 2

Shutokou Battle series

Togue series

Initial D

Side By Side

Option Tuning Car Battle series

Motor City Patrol (1992, NES)

gta 2

gta 3

gta Vice City

World's Scariest Police Chases

Driver: You Are The Wheelman (psx version)

Driver 2: back on the streets

Driver 76

Super Runabout San Francisco Edition

Tokyo Extreme Racer series

TOCA Race Driver series

Colin McRae Rally series

gta San Andreas

gta VCS
Last edited by Biscaynes on Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:29 am, edited 13 times in total.
Midnight Club 2-The first video game I ever played(was at my friends house), still have my original copy from '03.
Driver-My first video game I purchased, still have my original copy.
Grand Theft Auto:Vice City:My first GTA game, still have my original copy.
Driver 2, Flatout, Vanishing Point Racing, Microsoft Paint. -Most OF my life, but in my life I say - Driver 2, Driver 1, DRIV3R, GTA 3, GTA IV, GTA V, Garry's Mod, TF2, Hitman Codename 47, Carmageddon 2, Just Cause 2, Flatout, VP Racing, Endorphin (It's a program by Natural Motion that's similar to Euporia. I know it's not a game, but enjoy the hell out of it!) and MS Paint. (I know Paint isn't a game either, but I've been using and enjoying it since I first used a computer back in about 2003, possibly 2002)
Guess I oughta update the list.

Going to put GTA IV on top. That game has become my ultimate favorite and looks like it'll stay on that spot for a longer time. I really enjoyed most of the Grand Theft Auto games, always did. Next up would be Driver. God knows how much I've played it, got so good memories from the games too. Just got to love it.

Then there's ARMA 2, really fun with friends, public serves suck on most occasions. More from racing, I have to mention Need for Speed Undercover, my favorite NFS title right after Most Wanted and Carbon. I prefer Carbon more than NFS but Undercover takes the spot for my favorite NFS game, definitely.

Another fun multiplayer game I remember is Battlefield. I enjoyed 1942 and 2 a lot. The new Battlefields are just a disgrace in my opinion, however, Bad Company games are still really sweet. Vietnam DLC especially.

Couple of more games I can think of are SWAT4 and the expansion pack + all of Police Quest games on top of that. Closest to the real thing if you want to simulate law enforcement. LCPDFR ain't got sh*t on it.

From more story related games I enjoyed L.A. Norie, Prey and Fallout 3.

From co-op games, most memorable and enjoyable would be PAYDAY: The Heist (shame on you Badnick for pirating it). I like the sequel, but it is nowhere near as good as the original, although it's getting better. Left 4 Dead is also kinda fun.

Last but not least, Emergency 4 and The Godfather. They've kept me really entertained. I'm sure there's plenty of more but I'm just way too lazy to list them all here.
Might aswell update from my previous post aswell:

Killer7:
Story heavy game, with an amazing atmosphere, Suda51 delivered one of my all tiem favorite games.

GTA2:
Sci-fi setting that's sadly not used in any other titles in this series. While it is sci-fi it's uses more than plausible technology + the retro look based on Ray Larabie's car designs give it a really great astethic aswell.

GTA III:
First GTA game set in 3D, while sadly being incorrectly titled (more on this a bit later) as the first 3D sandbox game ever, it's still the second best GTA game imho.

Demolition Racer:
While seen as a mere Destruction Derby clone I love thise game to bits (PC port is rather rubbish though, using a diffirent engine). Mayhem w/ 16 vehicles doesn't even describe it properly since races ended upbeing chaotic with higher tier vehicles while still maintaining a solid 30 FPS.

Driver 1 & 2:
Ah Driver, played the first one before I even understood english, found the game hard back then but in time I started to love it more and more. D2 took the difficulty up to 11 but I can forgive it's shoddy appearance (and framerate) due to expanding on the first game like a sequel should.I should not forget that they made excellent use of the PS1's limited ram in the first game w/large open maps and everything around it (kinda sad D2 dropped the balls on this on some parts).

Metro 2033 & Last Light:
Atmospheric FPS tries to gett rid of the shooter part. Yes, you cna shoot everything to bits, but you'll miss out on moral points and in soem cases it makes it harder then when you think properly. Sequel improved on almost everything, can't decide on which one's better.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl:
Took me way to long before I had the hardware to run this game, but now that I finally can it ended up being one of the best games I've played. Amazing setting, atmosphere and it encourages to explore the world while still remaining a tactical game. Xray engine is seriously bugged, fan made patches are required (shaders are bugged for instance in vanilla) but when you have these patches applied it's an amazing experience.

Spyro 1 & 2:
Never played 3 but that aside, solid platformer, and sicne I was a kid I loved it's setting. Shame the only game coming close to it in recent years is Seasons of Ice.

Skullgirls:
Holy sh*t, I can't stress enough how solid this fighting game is, excellent character designs, whiile the roster is small every character is unique. Fighting controls are excellent aswell and if you are new to fighters there's more then enough availble options to learn the basics.

Borderlands 1 & 2:
Both are excellent FPS/RPG hybrids, offering diverce playable characters each with hteir own action skill. Lot's of stuff to do. Do I need to explain why I accumulated 2000 hours in total in both games combined?

Tyrian 2000:
Nostalgia, recently found out it's free on GoG (go get it!) it's one hell of an amazing shoot 'm up.

Koudelka:
One of the few RPG's I love, set in England and with an interesting storyline (multiple even!).

Serious Sam First, Second and Next Encounter.
Excellent games harking back to the old skool style of FPS games mixed with good humor.

Painkiller:
Again, harking back to the old skool FPS games, this time with a more gothic atmosphere.

Carmageddon 1 & 2:
First Carma did what GTAIII ran away with: true open world maps where you can do almsot everything to your hearts desire (III improved on this however). You can go the boring way of clearing all checkpoints, make it yourself difficult by running over all peds or the fun way: wasting your opponents. Carmageddon 2 introduced a unmatched damaging system on top of it which only Bugbear managed to come close to it.

Killzone HD(/PS2) & 2:
Some may see it as military shooter number X, which I cna understand. But it does use mechanics to make sure to keep it interesting: everything you do has weight to it and in the first game your health only regens partially, enforcing tactics even more. Killzone 3 dropepd the balls however by introducing absurds amount of handholding and getting rid of established mechanics.

Full Throttle:
Really fun point and click game set in a world where there's only one motorcycle manufacture company left (explaining it more would make it spoiler-y).

Total Annihilation:
Really awesome RTS that's still unmatched story and setting wise. A.I. is dumb at times (sadly) but a sci-fi warfare cannot be more fun than this imo.

Super Mario Land:
One of the very first games I've played and still love it, shame Nintendo isn't the same anymore.

Last one: Donkey Kong Land:
Excellent DK game for the gameboy, which is a port how a port should be done: keeping most stuff intact where possible and introduce new levels with unique mechanics when some levels cannot be ported.

Might be that I missed a game or 2.
Yeah about Carmageddon 1 and 2 (2 from personal experience) Before the time of crash effects, BAM came Carmageddon, already dynamic before any game could be just a mere texture of damage. (Of course we all know Destruction Derby 1 and 2 brought the idea of damage into the picture).
Yeah, DD started it, C1 used roughly the same idea (plain model bending, albeit with dynamic calculations) but Stainless did a massive improvement on it in C2, of which (as I said) only Bugbear manages to come close to. If Bugbear's Next car game allows splitting cars in half I owuld be f***ing mindblown. Which Stainless yet again managed to do in C2, which the engine calculated from which angle and such the split should happen.

Edit: Stainless's next Carma game would most likely have it anyhow, shame I don't have the hardware to run it I think.

My very last edit:

Forgot to ad They Bleed pixels on the list.
Solid platformer a la Super Meat Boy, Lovecraftian-esque setting and it allows you to make it as hard or as easy as possible by it's dynamic checkpoint system.
Last edited by 0takumetalhead on Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, back when Carmageddon 3 Recarnation wasn't even brought up by them, I've always imagined a dense GTA IV model in Carmageddon 2's engine. It would be pretty interesting, but glitchy because GTA IV's cars weren't built to spilt. Ahh, this is another reason why I keep my 14 year old tower, and will fix my 16 year old laptop when I get some money :D I wonder how "soft body" came into the picture around the time ROR was being developed. Soft body may be nice, but it's too jellow like. This is where Carmageddon 2 and Next Car Game stand out. :D And another thought, before anything physics baised was built, Carmageddon 2 has parts that fall off, and they have physics which "Don't sleep" Sleeping is a main CPU usage save that DRIV3R used pretty nicely, when the game thinks an object such as a car door no longer needs physics, it will go back to a solid object and is not able to move unless hit by a vehicle or gunshot.
I actually have Carmageddon 1 and it's stand alone expansion running in Windows 8 w/o Dosbox :D only thing I needed to do was limiting it's framerate to 60, timer would go haywire otherwise. C2 runs aswell albeit buggy.

If you want to talk more about it, PM me or osmething so we don't g off topic to much, or add me on Steam.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]