A place to talk about just how awesome PC / Mac games are and brag about your specs!
By Skylabh
I'm curious about one thing, just to get an idea. How big is the whole city ? I mean in the editor window 's scene, in the top view ?
I would like to see a screenshot of the editor please, if possible. Thanks :)
By max.thunder
OMG!! That's big, nice job, some of the shots remind me about my first game: Midtown Madness.
By cleone
Looking good. I think the road systems should be more unique, you have mostly a grid of roads. Nice graphics though!
By carking1996
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
More progress on the AI traffic! I have modeled my own compact and sedan vehicles. The bus is just a placeholder and I will be modeling one soon. The sedan contains license plates that are randomly picked a texture from a folder. And the vehicles' bodies have a script that randomly picks from 10 colors and applies it to the vehicle. So, it basically works like mm2 and mm1 does traffic vehicle colors! Also, all the vehicles will contain a simple, 'nfs underground'-styled half3Dinterior. The vehicles also contain working tail-lights. :) Hope you like the progress!

Above image, the buses got stuck. I'm reworking the buses, lol.
By Fireboyd78
You should update the name of the thread so it reflects upon your current one and not your old one. Same with your avatar :P
By carking1996
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
CarLuver has helped greatly in the development of this game! Thankyou, CarLuver!

Some things by him:

"I've been helping Paul out with some textures and other stuff like that. I would like to show off my most recent work, some generic seats that will work for any type of car:

Click the thumbnail for large version

2 colors -

Gray:

Tan:

With the Gray, you can see that the normals make it look good. But the Tan version brings out the ugly normals, so I might have to figure out something to fix it. But then again, it might look good in game anyways, so I will most likely leave it. Feedback is GREATLY appreciated."

Also:

"Did somebody say - DASH TEST? :P

Image"
Clutch wrote:They are placed to far from each other. More over textures of dashboard are under any present-day standards ;/
Well this game is running on the Unity engine and you don't spend most of the time looking at the dashboard, so I made them 128 X 128. GTA 4 uses a similar size, so I don't see the problem here.
CarLuver69 wrote:Image

You love stealing ideas, whether they're finalized or not.
Dude, seriosuly. I'm sick of people telling me im 'stealing ideas'. You cannot copyright an idea no matter how you put it. It doesn't work that way. I don't wanna seem like a douchebag, but the circle part is a part of the logo. So what If we made 5 lines connecting the buttons to them? Everything else is original, so, please, c'mon.

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]

https://youtu.be/j10ltSvvSFU

Supercharged V8 (Driv3r)

https://youtu.be/PNpHXUwiFKs

A tutorial video on how to make custom missions fo[…]