A place to talk about just how awesome PC / Mac games are and brag about your specs!
By PostalDude
Basically, think Burnout on crack. You get to race around smashing up the scenery,playing insanely hilarious stunt minigames where you launch your dude(or chick) through the windshield. The 1st one is too realistic for my tastes but the 2nd and Ultimate Carnage are awesome, that is when the AI aren't rubberbanding like a f**ker or the physics engine isn't going batshit insane,causing your car to do 60965868712 somersaults from hitting a frigging GARBAGE BAG.
By Miller
LOL!

I only have the first one, man (PC version of the game). I like the lower classes because it seems more realistic than the classes where the cars just fly around like bullets.

One thing that made me sad was that I never could get my gamepad configured in a way so that I could power slide properly -- what do you guys call it, drifting? But I cannot just power slide all the way through most turns, which is a bummer in a game like that, where that is 99% of what you are supposed to be doing. There is like this really narrow band of the ministick part of the controller's range that is actually all I use, and most of it is of no use unless you hit something and need to get back on course or whatever. Screw that, I will just peel out if I need to turn sharp at zero kph.

What would be cool is if I could take that little band of the stick's input and apply it so it is spread out over a greater range of the sticks motion. Then I could have total control in turns. The way it is, I am in some kind of constant struggle to keep from over steering with even the slightest nudge of the stick.

That is not a very good explanation of the problem, really. You know what I mean, though, man? There is nothing I can see in the game to modify the input device parameters. I have not installed the game again since my last reformat, so I would not be able to benefit from any advice that might be offered regarding tweaking that steering thing at the present time.

But I love the game, especially with the, oh, what is it, the Joint mod thing? That is cool, man. Now, I cannot recall. Does that include a dashcam view that does not exist in the stock game? One of my racing games has that in a mod. I forget which one, but it rules. I love a game that allows you to race in the driver's view and then watch a telecast-style replay. Flatout is awesome, I think...except for that steering BS. LOL
By max.thunder
The 1st was my favorite because it was more realistic and looked more simulator than arcade and it was a hard game to complete( i've completed it years ago).
Flatout 2 was easier and less realistic, but it was more funnier(cars exploding, more competitor cars crashing than in 1st game, more variety of circuits)
I didn't play the 3rd release but it looks like a uptdated Flatout 2, because it have more resolution, more detailed cars, much realistic damage.It also have the some of the cars of Flatout 2, even the tracks.

The best thing of Flatout it's to play multiplayer in Destruction Derby mode, it's freaking awesome to play with friends.
By max.thunder
It didn't play the last Burnout (Paradise) but the previous games are really crap things, arcadish, unrealistic damage, cars going too fast,etc
I prefer Flatout, also because when you crash the car the driver could go through the front window of the car and cause damage to scenert, the guy was very elastic ( like chewing gum), i loved when the guy crashed into a tree and his body started to stretch)
By PostalDude
Another thing in Ultimate Carnage, besides better graphics, they added 2 new Derby class cars,1 new track,and more props on each track.
I believe the "Joint" mod you are referring to is the Flatout Joint mod, Miller. Yep, it has a wicked cool dashcam view.
By T.K.
SO I CAN GO PIR-ATE DIS sh*t? f**k YEA NIGGA
*munches on chicken leg*
By Nikusakken
max.thunder wrote:It didn't play the last Burnout (Paradise) but the previous games are really crap things, arcadish, unrealistic damage, cars going too fast
But Burnout isn't supposed to be realistic.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]