Moderator: cleone

Hello everyone and yes I am finally back. Its been a f***ing crazy past few years and I really didn't want to work on this anymore for a while. But I can't just do that I feel, I feel I owe it to everyone to just finish it up and provide some fun to my friends here. So, I am going to finish it up once and for all. I'll be honest, I don't remember where I left off and sh*t, but I guess I'll figure it out along the way. I still have all the files sitting on a Virtual Machine which I will be using in ArchLinux. I've also been considering just triple-booting and installing Windows XP on a small 40GB partition, but hell I'll figure it out.

Over the past year I have founded and have been running a Killing Floor Steam Community and a server. It started out as something I was just doing out of boredom but then it grew to something much, much bigger. Currently we have about 158 members and a server thats usually filled to the brim when people are playing. Now things are starting to slow down with that, we are easing up on all the custom content on the server and there isn't too much work that has to be done except to moderate things. So, as a result, I have a lot more free time. Theres also a LOT of sh*t going on in my personal life, but that is no one's business.

Now for me to tell everyone my game plan with this. I first intend to change the script (the storyline). I am going to make it a little less... erm... cheerful? than the beta was. The storyline is going to be a lot more serious and a lot deeper and dramatic. Don't expect everyone to live. Everyone's lives are in danger now and I ain't saying anymore about who's going to be killed off. As for the gameplay, I am going to just use the existing engine, but tweak it to run better and to make it much more stable. I'm also hoping on just merging Chapter 1's city with Chapter 2's city portion and country portion (by Wheelman75). Speaking of which, I'd like to assemble a small team to help me out. Maybe someone to take up redoing the city and making it look better than just a bunch of brick walls, someone to help keep everyone up to speed with news and managing the new Steam Group I just started, someone to help with ideas, etc. If anyone is interested in helping out, I would REALLY appreciate it. I want this f***ing thing out of my hair once and for all. I've been working on this since I was in 7th grade and now I am a high school senior. As you can probably tell, its just something thats been lying on my conscience for a long time and it wasn't something I felt I should abandon. Anyways back on topic. I am also planning on adding in some Driving Games as was mentioned. I recall there was some debate over the checkpoint mode and I'll be honest, I forget what the conclusion was to that. If someone can dig that information up that'd be helpful. So far I remember having Quick Getaway, Quick Chase, Trailblazer, some sort of Checkpoint, Classic Survival, and Wave Survival planned. I also was thinking about potentially experimenting with trying to get some multiplayer added in, but that's no guarantee. The main storyline is the highest priority. I am also going to be working to increase the modability of the game, and trying to clean up my EXTREMELY messy coding to make the load times less annoying and to make the game more efficient. Speaking of which, there is going to be an FPS cap finally. I'm sure everyone with their i7's are probably running it at 120fps with a million mph cars. I discovered this when I upgraded from my sh*tty Celeron to a Core 2 Duo last year. I plan on having at LEAST 20 missions, possibly up to 30 depending on how the workflow is and how much help I can get.

So if anyone is up for helping me out, I would really appreciate it and love to bring some people on board at last, this project is just a tad too big for me to be handling by myself, as you guys have obviously noticed with all the procrastination for the past five (jesus christ, FIVE) years. Wheelman75 is going to take up redoing the city and making it look like a city, not some random brick wall and grass sh*t. I will have the programming part covered, as it is my build and I understand all the slop thats going on in it. I need someone who's really good at Photoshop to possibly help me with the cutscenes, I plan on making them more comic book styled like Driver 76 or Max Payne. I also need someone to help out with keeping the news up to date on the forums here, the Steam Group I'm making (I will talk about the group in a minute), and the Facebook page (if anyone even uses Facebook anymore). I may have more jobs depending on the skill sets that people have. Someone with some sound editing skills would be useful probably, as the sounds in the game are pretty low quality. Someone with video editing skills could be helpful for making trailers and such. You get the point. If anyone is interested in helping out, I'm open to offers for help. I really need the help.

On a final note, as we are advancing in the world of PC gaming, Steam has become very large and I bet 50-75% of the members here have a Steam account at this point (including finally myself as of last year). I am opening up a Steam group for the news of the project. Its a public group for anyone who is interested in the project and following it towards its release. Invite your friends, your family, or even your f***ing dog if they have a Steam account, hopefully the group will get some public attention towards the game and it won't be all for nothing. Here is the link to the Steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/d4russiadev

PS: Anyone from here that I know, feel free to friend request me on Steam, my username is {ST}Broski.
Welcome back Cleone! It's been quite some time since the last time, no?

Well, it's certainly good to have you back around. Even though there has been signs of activity here, it still does get a little quiet from time to time.

Lately I had been wondering what happened to that game you were working on, it's funny considering you just came back too. Silly coincidences. I have to say, I'm intrigued about the direction you're taking with the mod. More serious, deeper and dramatic. I like the sound of that. I'm also liking the planned amount of missions. Seems like a very ambitious project.

Anyway, I for one would love to help you with your project. I'd say I'm good at video editing but I can also edit textures/sounds. For some credentials, here's a link to my YouTube account where you can find most of my work in filmmaking. Here you can also find majority of my mods for GTA IV. I also just managed to released a texture modification pack for Driver Parallel Lines, which you can find on DriverMadness or my YouTube channel.

And for the record once more, welcome back.
Thanks for the welcome back! Its good to be back. I'm glad this place is still active and not a ghost town. I see CarLuver69 has been doing a really good job at keep the design of the site looking top shape. As for your work, I would love to have you on board to help out with the project. I really need a lot of help as it is a massive project to be taking on. Your video editing skills will be very handy for getting some trailers done. I also need a good Sound Director. In my experience playing more recent games in the past few months, good sound design really can help A LOT with the immersion of a game. The current sound design in the previous beta of D4 was atrocious, and it really needs a lot of work. If you are interested in doing that, you've got the job. :) I will give more details when I get home in a few hours.

By the way, I still need someone whos got a lot of Photoshop experience or a really good artistic talent to help out with the cutscenes.
cleone wrote:I also need a good Sound Director. In my experience playing more recent games in the past few months, good sound design really can help A LOT with the immersion of a game. The current sound design in the previous beta of D4 was atrocious, and it really needs a lot of work. If you are interested in doing that, you've got the job. :) I will give more details when I get home in a few hours..
I feel like I could be up to it. I would certainly serve best of my abilities.
Olanov wrote:I feel like I could be up to it. I would certainly serve best of my abilities.
Welcome aboard then! :) Do you have a Steam account or an MSN instant messenging account? Those are the two things I use to get hold of people individually, would be much more efficient then shooting PMs or emails back and forth. I could always make accounts for other IM protocols but just as long as there's a way for the whole team to be able to communicate. Also I will be setting up a Google Drive account to share the latest beta tests and for everyone in the team to be able to share files. Then I can share with people via email and we can all sync with the desktop program. I think I am going to be doing a triple boot with windows Xp. I don't want Wine to interfere with progress nor do I want to deal with the hassles of a virtual machine. And my Windows 7 partition is strictly for gaming so that is out of the question. Anyways, we will discuss that more later.

I still need another person or two for the cutscenes. Anyone got any expertise in any computer graphics programs or are really good at art?
Amazing to see you back on DM Cleone, will ad you on Steam soon. And I also wish you the best of luck with DRussia, shame real life is going to eat my time really soon otherwise i would've helped ya.
cleone wrote:
Olanov wrote:I feel like I could be up to it. I would certainly serve best of my abilities.
Welcome aboard then! :) Do you have a Steam account or an MSN instant messenging account? Those are the two things I use to get hold of people individually, would be much more efficient then shooting PMs or emails back and forth.
Thank you!

I added you on Steam, I think that should do.
Olanov wrote:
cleone wrote:
Welcome aboard then! :) Do you have a Steam account or an MSN instant messenging account? Those are the two things I use to get hold of people individually, would be much more efficient then shooting PMs or emails back and forth.
Thank you!

I added you on Steam, I think that should do.
Indeed it does! :D
0takumetalhead wrote:Amazing to see you back on DM Cleone, will ad you on Steam soon. And I also wish you the best of luck with DRussia, shame real life is going to eat my time really soon otherwise i would've helped ya.
Sorry I missed your post, yeah thanks for the welcome! :) I saw you joined the group and sent you a friend request.
Fab2cent wrote:Hi cleone, nice to finally see you posting :lol: i remember reading about driver Russia on the ultimate driver site! good luck finishing it :)
Thanks for the welcome! Yup this time its actually going to get done, no horse sh*t (as this topic clearly points out :lol: )
max.thunder wrote:Glad to see you back! :D

Excited to see your alternative view on Driver 4 (which i also share) :wink:
Thanks! :)
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]