Moderator: cleone

By cleone
After my Windows going corrupt, I was concerned for the sake of the project. I am happy to announce that I have gotten all of my development tools working in VirtualBox and that the project is being resumed. I am running on Ubuntu 12.04 nowadays and am still adjusting to the switch. I have installed Windows XP in a virtual machine and it supports DirectX, so I can run the game. It lags a little unfortunately and I am trying my best to get it running smoothly so I can get accurate test results. I have also tested it in WINE, and it simply doesn't work. I can get to the main menu and start Take a Ride, but it basically crashes once everything loads. Its so slow its not even funny. But anyways, I'm hoping to get cracking at this again soon. I'll keep you guys posted.
By max.thunder
Thanks for the info and good luck!
By cleone
max.thunder wrote:Thanks for the info and good luck!
Just dug up my list of things left to do before the public release and the new patch and I'm hoping to have this sh*t done soon. However there is a new cutscene I need to make and since I don't have PowerPoint anymore, its going to take a little longer for me to adjust to the LibreOffice variant. But other than that everything won't be a problem and shouldn't take long.
By cleone
bb_42001 wrote:Try Open office or Office 360, it is a online version of the office suit.
Isn't OpenOffice basically an outdated version of LibreOffice? That's what I read. And I'll take a look into that Office 360.
By T.K.
OpenOffice is controlled by Apache now, and gets updated. LibreOffice is nice, too, I guess. I only use Google Docs anymore.
By cleone
T.K. wrote:OpenOffice is controlled by Apache now, and gets updated. LibreOffice is nice, too, I guess. I only use Google Docs anymore.
Yea I use Google Docs only too now pretty much due to the fact its got cloud storage. However its not the greatest for PowerPoints. It is very frustrating.
By supterV
Registration Days
cleone wrote:Image
After my Windows going corrupt, I was concerned for the sake of the project. I am happy to announce that I have gotten all of my development tools working in VirtualBox and that the project is being resumed. I am running on Ubuntu 12.04 nowadays and am still adjusting to the switch. I have installed Windows XP in a virtual machine and it supports DirectX, so I can run the game. It lags a little unfortunately and I am trying my best to get it running smoothly so I can get accurate test results. I have also tested it in WINE, and it simply doesn't work. I can get to the main menu and start Take a Ride, but it basically crashes once everything loads. Its so slow its not even funny. But anyways, I'm hoping to get cracking at this again soon. I'll keep you guys posted.
Hi, I used to have problem with Directx so i've come back to XP for DirectX 9.0c ( i'm win7 user ). I used to use VirtualBox to run my favorite game but impossible cause lag and it's not support to run my GPU. So i've used this method: I split my drive to another one (about 10GB) to install XP, then i creat a boot loader with EasyBCD ( it's a free soft ) so i can run XP or win7 when i start my computer. Now it's woking perfectly and i can still run win7 or come back to xp to play my favorite game anytime. I hope this will help you!

And if you plan make your game like doom style in full version. I recommend you take a look at "Action doom: urban brawl" :).
By cleone
supterV wrote:
cleone wrote:Image
Hi, I used to have problem with Directx so i've come back to XP for DirectX 9.0c ( i'm win7 user ). I used to use VirtualBox to run my favorite game but impossible cause lag and it's not support to run my GPU. So i've used this method: I split my drive to another one (about 10GB) to install XP, then i creat a boot loader with EasyBCD ( it's a free soft ) so i can run XP or win7 when i start my computer. Now it's woking perfectly and i can still run win7 or come back to xp to play my favorite game anytime. I hope this will help you!

And if you plan make your game like doom style in full version. I recommend you take a look at "Action doom: urban brawl" :).
This game is not at all like doom, not even remotely. My virtualbox setup is actually better now that I have an upgraded processor, actually runs without any lags whatsoever now. I know about dual-booting but the setup I currently have is fine. Thanks though.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]