Moderator: cleone

By Wheelman75
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
If you've been keeping tabs on the "Your Cars" thread, then you'll know that I posted 3 cop cars: A Mk1 VW Golf/Rabbit, a 1975-78 Dodge Coronet/Dodge Monaco/Plymouth Fury, and a present-day Ford Crown Vic, all with marked & unmarked versions. You may also have noticed that I posted some lightbar templates for making your own cop car designs. If you have made any of your own cop car designs, post 'em here!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Wheelman75
I almost forgot: If anyone's having trouble finding the unmarked cars, here's the pages of the "Your Cars" topic they can be found on:

VW Golf/Rabbit: Page 3
Coronet/Monaco/Fury: Page 5 (lightbar pack is also here)
Crown Vic: Page 6

(NOTE: There's also an unmarked Chrysler on Page 3, but ignore this car becuase it's the wrong scale compared to the other cars)
By Sedans
Can you tell me how to do this? I want to make some Crown Vics from that plain white one you did but I have no clue how...
By Wheelman75
Sedans wrote:Can you tell me how to do this? I want to make some Crown Vics from that plain white one you did but I have no clue how...
It's easy. Just paint the car in the desired color(s), take a look at the lightbar pack & when you find your desired lightbar:

1. Paste the lights you want onto the correct spaces in the corresponding lightbar template.
(NOTE: For the Visibar, don't forget the siren speaker either. However, not all Visibars had speakers mounted on them, so it's up to you really. If you don't mount anything other than normal lights, just fill in the gaps between the black outlines)

2. Paste the lightbar on to the car.

That's all there is to it! However, you may have to shorten the lightbar to fit on certain vehicles.
By Wheelman75
On another note, since I drew that Crown Vic, maybe I should update that lightbar pack to include more modern lightbars.
By Sedans
I know, I'm saying like what Program do you use? You make awesome cars and I don't want the ones I make to come out crappy.
By Wheelman75
Sedans wrote:I know, I'm saying like what Program do you use? You make awesome cars and I don't want the ones I make to come out crappy.
I use MS Paint to create these cars, but I save a copy in .GIF format for posting on this site using Corel Photo-Paint.

However, when converting to .GIF, save it using an Adaptive palette in order to preserve the correct coloration. Trying to convert your car into a .GIF using MS Paint or saving without using an adaptive palette will mess up the colors.
By Wheelman75
In case anyone is making any black cop cars, I re-painted the Dodge/Plymouth & Crown Vic in black with dark gray lines. I also re-created a cop car from Driv3r.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By cleone
Wheelman75 wrote:In case anyone is making any black cop cars, I re-painted the Dodge/Plymouth & Crown Vic in black with dark gray lines. I also re-created a cop car from Driv3r.
When I get my computer back, I'll edit the Crown Vic one so that it is animated.
By Wheelman75
Hey everyone, today is my birthday! In an interesting twist, I've decided to reward you folks with gifts instead. Even though we may not get to use them for a while, here's some new cop cars for D4 & D5, all based on Chrysler C-Body sedans from the 70's starting with this Polara:
By Wheelman75
This next car was similar to the Polara, but had a slightly redesigned front & rear end:
By Wheelman75
This car has a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant (actually, these all do). It's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made around the same time they introduced catalytic converters, so it may or may not run on unleaded gas, depending on the year.
By Wheelman75
I wasn't sure whether to upload this last car, seeing as how there's only a slight change to the front end, but I thought "what the heck".
By Wheelman75
There's one problem with these new full-size cars, though: The lightbars from my existing pack are too short to fit on these cars, so I lengthened them in order to look just right. See the new lightbar pack here:

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]