Discussion for the fan-made game DrIVer: Russia (TBA)

Moderator: cleone

By Badnick24
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Hello everyone. I am the, well was, the cutscene designer for Cleone's DrIVer: Russia game. To make a long story really short, I was forced to drop the project. I've had a lot on my mind and it really killed me to do so. I apologize for doing so.

Which is why I'm here. We're looking for someone capable of handling the job. You'll be designing the cutscenes for the game. The designs can be however you want. Pencil, computer, ect.

Please contact Cleone (or "{ST}Broski" on Steam) for more details. :)
By VAIMAHDO
I would love to do so, but I can't produce anything until this summer. Also I won't have my monster computer built until May- July
By cleone
The team and I are shooting for a summer release right now, so we need someone as soon as possible to take this on. There's no telling how hectic my life will be after this summer so I really want to try and get it done before then.
By VAIMAHDO
Ah.. Well, good luck with finding someone who somewhat knows what their doing :P Plus as of now I'm desperately trying to finish the animation for my dad before his birthday :?
By max.thunder
I wish i could help but art never been my thing (about drawing).
By VAIMAHDO
max.thunder wrote:I wish i could help but art never been my thing (about drawing).
Simply you have to keep drawing and draw often. :)
By max.thunder
Probably practice increases the abilty of drawing better.
By Badnick24
Just for anyone who missed this post, I'm gonna bump it. It's a bit urgent :)
By VAIMAHDO
You guys.... Maybe push the release date back. Rockstar games pushed back the release date for GTA V twice. I'm also starting to learn C++ PROPERLY so now the game I'm making is getting serious. My game has been in development since December 2012. :D Anyway, just a suggestion, it will take a lot of stress off of this project! :)
By Badnick24
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:You guys.... Maybe push the release date back. Rockstar games pushed back the release date for GTA V twice. I'm also starting to learn C++ PROPERLY so now the game I'm making is getting serious. My game has been in development since December 2012. :D Anyway, just a suggestion, it will take a lot of stress off of this project! :)
That'd be up the cleone. To be honest, I take full responsibility for this. I know he wanted to get the game out by summer but I had to drop out from the project.

If possible, spread the word. Got any artist friends? Driver fans? Spread the word! :)
By cleone
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:You guys.... Maybe push the release date back. Rockstar games pushed back the release date for GTA V twice. I'm also starting to learn C++ PROPERLY so now the game I'm making is getting serious. My game has been in development since December 2012. :D Anyway, just a suggestion, it will take a lot of stress off of this project! :)
Did I not already explain to you that after June I'll have much higher priorities, you know, real life stuff. My brother getting married, getting my license, graduating, getting a full time job, and moving out. I've got a crazy summer ahead of me.
By PostalDude
cleone wrote:
Did I not already explain to you that after June I'll have much higher priorities, you know, real life stuff. My brother getting married, getting my license, graduating, getting a full time job, and moving out. I've got a crazy summer ahead of me.
I know that feel, i've been learning to drive since early December and i'm graduating HS this coming June. Crazy stuff.
By VAIMAHDO
cleone wrote:
Sorry it's been a while since I read that post and I haven't looked at it since then. I've been spacing out on things lately. My life is getting a bit hectic as well lately, but in a bad way. All these negative distractions will be gone very soon. :) You know what, DRIV3R Animations can wait. On May 11th I will be free to make cutscenes. Give me all the information I need to make them how you would like and on May 11th I will begin to work on them. :D
By cleone
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:
cleone wrote:
Sorry it's been a while since I read that post and I haven't looked at it since then. I've been spacing out on things lately. My life is getting a bit hectic as well lately, but in a bad way. All these negative distractions will be gone very soon. :) You know what, DRIV3R Animations can wait. On May 11th I will be free to make cutscenes. Give me all the information I need to make them how you would like and on May 11th I will begin to work on them. :D
I'm afraid that will be too late to start the curscenes. there are a lot of cutscenes and it would be too big of a rush to do them that late. I need someone who can start asap. thanks though
By cleone
Too f***ing much. I'm redoing the entire driving engine, fixing up the AI, making all the new missions, putting in the new city Wheelman75 made, olanov is getting new sounds together and trying to gather up some voice actors, xxtacticalpyroxx will be doing the new shooting engine, and we need someone to do the cutscenes. for that we need someone with drawing skills or Photoshop skills. the cutscenes are going to look Max payneish / comic book styled. If anyone is capable of taking on this role, please let me know asap.
By Wheelman75
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
cleone wrote:Too f***ing much. I'm redoing the entire driving engine, fixing up the AI, making all the new missions, putting in the new city Wheelman75 made, olanov is getting new sounds together and trying to gather up some voice actors, xxtacticalpyroxx will be doing the new shooting engine, and we need someone to do the cutscenes. for that we need someone with drawing skills or Photoshop skills. the cutscenes are going to look Max payneish / comic book styled. If anyone is capable of taking on this role, please let me know asap.
Are you saying you got a chance to look at it? If so, what do you think?
By cleone
Wheelman75 wrote:
cleone wrote:Too f***ing much. I'm redoing the entire driving engine, fixing up the AI, making all the new missions, putting in the new city Wheelman75 made, olanov is getting new sounds together and trying to gather up some voice actors, xxtacticalpyroxx will be doing the new shooting engine, and we need someone to do the cutscenes. for that we need someone with drawing skills or Photoshop skills. the cutscenes are going to look Max payneish / comic book styled. If anyone is capable of taking on this role, please let me know asap.
Are you saying you got a chance to look at it? If so, what do you think?
Yes I've been meaning to get on MSN to tell you but I haven't had the chance. It looks much better. Only problem really is that some of the roof colors look like the same color as the road. Makes it confusing as to what a building is and where the road is. If you can fix that it will be good to go. Excellent work!
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]