Discussion for the fan-made game DrIVer: Russia (TBA)

Moderator: cleone

By Badnick24
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
While I wait for cleone to finish the script for the game, I decided to create a new menu for DRIVER: RUSSIA in After Effects. Let me know what you think. This isn't final at all I just used a picture for placeholder.

Sorry if I'm stepping into anyone else's job here. I just thought it looked sweet. :)

Let me know if you want to use it or what you think!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Fab2cent
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Looks awesome, reminds me of the driver 2 menu. Cant wait to play this game :)
By pete
Cool! Can you maybe make the background animated, so it shows some landmarks and sights of Moscow? I think that would make it even better
By cleone
Jesus christ that is AWESOME! I think I may use it. ;) I'll contact you soon about what I need in order for it to work. Also, sorry its taking long for the script. I'm getting close to finishing it up and there's also other things I have to finish up for school so I've been kinda multitasking. The script will be done soon though.
By Badnick24
pete wrote:Cool! Can you maybe make the background animated, so it shows some landmarks and sights of Moscow? I think that would make it even better
Actually that was my intention lol. The picture was just placeholder, unless Cleone wants to keep it. I wanted to make it look like the menu on Driver SF for the Wii. (Yes. I know. I need to stop bringing on DSF Wii :oops: .)

Glad to hear you like it Cleone and the rest of you guys :D
By cleone
Badnick24 wrote:
pete wrote:Glad to hear you like it Cleone and the rest of you guys :D
Just call me Chris. :wink:
Badnick24 wrote:Actually that was my intention lol. The picture was just placeholder, unless Cleone wants to keep it. I wanted to make it look like the menu on Driver SF for the Wii.
An animated menu would be extremely badass. I think the menu should show moments from the game instead of scenery though, similar to Driv3r. I will be showing tons of scenery of Moscow in the intro video, so theres no point in doing it in the menu too.
By Badnick24
Badnick24 wrote:Actually that was my intention lol. The picture was just placeholder, unless Cleone wants to keep it. I wanted to make it look like the menu on Driver SF for the Wii.
An animated menu would be extremely badass. I think the menu should show moments from the game instead of scenery though, similar to Driv3r. I will be showing tons of scenery of Moscow in the intro video, so theres no point in doing it in the menu too.[/quote]
Got it. I was also messing around in After Effects making Mission Complete/Failed menus. There pretty blank write now with just text.
By Badnick24
cleone wrote:
An animated menu would be extremely badass. I think the menu should show moments from the game instead of scenery though, similar to Driv3r. I will be showing tons of scenery of Moscow in the intro video, so theres no point in doing it in the menu too.
Got it. I was also messing around in After Effects making Mission Complete/Failed menus. There pretty blank write now with just text.

BTW The text I put into the main menu is just for example. I can change it to include whatever options you want. Or I can give you a blank version. Nothing's final! :D
By cleone
Badnick24 wrote:
cleone wrote:

BTW The text I put into the main menu is just for example. I can change it to include whatever options you want. Or I can give you a blank version. Nothing's final! :D
Yeah, the mission complete/failed screens need a serious makeover, they look like complete and utter sh*t. Then again, I spent 5 minutes making each. :lol: I'm glad you've been working on redoing things that were so shittily done. I'll be messaging everyone on Steam on Monday to catch up and get everyone up to date on information. I gotta go somewhere this weekend so I won't be around all weekend. I have to get the script done sometime next week. Just make sure that you are able to export your work in After Effects to an animated GIF and we should be good.
By Badnick24
cleone wrote:Just make sure that you are able to export your work in After Effects to an animated GIF and we should be good.
Gifs only? Alright, I'm sure I can do that but I doubt I'll be able to get a lot of animation in it. I'll still make it but if any other format is possible (like video) let me know. (After effects doesn't export as gifs but I'm sure I can convert video to gif with some other tool) :)
By Badnick24
driverever110 wrote:
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:Dam, looks beautiful! What driver is this modded off? :o
no. is a game
What he's trying to say is, this is for a FAN-MADE game. Not a modification of any pre-existing Driver game. This is a new game developed by community member Cleone called "DRIVER: RUSSIA". :wink:
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]