Discuss the DriverWiki in here.
By madness
The DriverWiki is still in it's development stages and we have decided to go out and hire some editors. I have talked about this before but it has become a little un-organized so I have decided to re-organize it here.

At the moment just show your interest.
Later on I'll give everyone interested the general layout of the site.
And from there on you can choose particular articles to write if you wish, or maybe you just want to check all the posted articles for spelling, grammar or factual errors.

This will be a big project and with all of your help, it'll be a successful one.
By lookatme123
Registration Days Posts Avatar
yeah i'm a little interested
By Sedans
^^^^ Yeah, I second that.
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Definatly in. (although I'm sure you've guessed that from me pestering you about it for over a month)
By Officer Tanner
Registration Days Posts Posts
I'd also like to be a part of it. I'm a good speller and know a bit about grammar. I also feel I should contribute more to the forum.
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I would like to do it, but every so often get really busy and not have a chance to get on, or someone stops paying for our internet and we get disconeccted.

But i will do my best to help.
By madness
Daltarin-Elite wrote:I would like to do it, but every so often get really busy and not have a chance to get on, or someone stops paying for our internet and we get disconeccted.

But i will do my best to help.
When I type up documents/information for the wiki I do it offline; I type it in notepad or a word document.

and then I go somewhere to find an internet connection and add that content in.

But if your editing content already put there, there is no point. You'd have to do that online!
By Crevlthe
Registration Days Posts
I would like to do it, except work keeps coming to me and that need finishing before i have any free time to do things i want to do. But i'll see if i can help on the grammar/spell check things and that
By T.K.
I am interested in being an editor, as I know loads about the series, beside the story. I can write about beta, secrets, things that have been cut out of the 5 (Playstation and PC) games. I am a professional in that field. :mrgreen:
By T.K.
Actually, instead of being an editor, I would like to handle the accounts or something of the like
By madness
T.K. wrote:Actually, instead of being an editor, I would like to handle the accounts or something of the like
I'm not sure why we would need someone to handle accounts?
people register, log in.
That's it!

It's well protected so there will be no spam users.
and there is no need to remove accounts, modify accounts.
and if there is it'll be on a very small scale, which I can easily handle!
By T.K.
Crap.
Well, then I'll be glad to be an editor.
By Coyote
CJayC wrote:I am interested in being an editor, as I know loads about the series, beside the story. I can write about beta, secrets, things that have been cut out of the 5 (Playstation and PC) games. I am a professional in that field. :mrgreen:
hehe me too, I have a whole folder at home about the Alpha & Beta versions of all Driver games ( and Stuntman ) with all secrets :).
By bb_42001
I would love to be an editor, I am trying to get more involved with the driver series :) and who better to learn from? Driver Madness of course!!!! also i always have internet access so i can edit thing all the time and do alot of research and emailing people.

bb42001

Noodles

By madness
It exciting to know everyones interested in becoming editors.
I better start organizing available jobs/positions.

Hopefully I'll have everything by the end of next week.
By T.K.
I enjoy volunteer work.
It's fun if you know what you're doing.
And shoudn't we make people request accounts so we don't have a bunch of secret GTA fanboys register and destroy the site?
By Coyote
Requesting account is stupid, it's good as it is.

I hope you know how to code with WikiPedia dude, it's got it's own "programming language" ;)
By T.K.
Huh. Coulda sworn it was coded in PHP.
Oh well, I suck at PHP.
By Nikusakken
I don't know if I can help in something. Maybe to do some advertising or whatever <_<
By T.K.
I don't know anyone else who likes DRIVER as much as I do.
C'mon, I downloaded the first one's music!
I even have one friend who hates DRIVER. I lost alot of respect for him.
By Coyote
CJayC wrote:Huh. Coulda sworn it was coded in PHP.
Oh well, I suck at PHP.
This is impossible, your computer can't read PHP, only the server can
By T.K.
I am utterly aware of that.
By madness
It has been coded with PHP.
I think what Coyote may mean is that creating articles involves a different programming language, but it's fairly simple and you can just use some html tags.

and we don't have to worry about people destroying the site, I try to make regular backups. Also it's easy to reverse a users (edits) activity all togeather.
By T.K.
Ooooo....fancy....
By Coyote
madness wrote:It has been coded with PHP.
I think what Coyote may mean is that creating articles involves a different programming language, but it's fairly simple and you can just use some html tags.
This is what I ment.
By T.K.
Cool.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]