Having an issue with the game you can't seem to figure out? Request assistance here!
By Driver of DOOM
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
you might have to burn them to a CD, but they were in a FMV foolder in the root of that drive, hope that helps :)
By cleone
Oops. Almost forgot. It also was missing the soundtrack. I found the soundtrack in the Driver Madness Downloads. Can I add that in too?
By Driver of DOOM
Do a mixed CD on your burner, so that there is a data track and 9 audio tracks, it is done right if you can play it in your Hi-Fi
By cleone
Driver of DOOM wrote:Do a mixed CD on your burner, so that there is a data track and 9 audio tracks, it is done right if you can play it in your Hi-Fi
What should the files and folders be named? I don't want to waste a CD.
By Driver of DOOM
Im not 100% sure, however i have had a thought for avoiding wasting a CD, save your layout as a *.iso file, and using an application you can probably find for free on google, you can emulate it, i reccomend Alcohol 120% with a 30 day trial. Again good luck, does anybody else know the layout 4 chris???
By cleone
Driver of DOOM wrote:Im not 100% sure, however i have had a thought for avoiding wasting a CD, save your layout as a *.iso file, and using an application you can probably find for free on google, you can emulate it, i reccomend Alcohol 120% with a 30 day trial. Again good luck, does anybody else know the layout 4 chris???
I have Alcohol 120% already. Anybody have a layout as he said?
By Fireboyd78
FMV's go in FMVDATA, music is somewhere in DIRECTX

you can try, can't guarentee the music
By cleone
CarLuver69 wrote:FMV's go in FMVDATA, music is somewhere in DIRECTX

you can try, can't guarentee the music
Don't you have the actual disc? Can't you "explore" it and find out for sure?
By Fireboyd78
Dude, what do you think I did? How do you think I know the music is in DIRECTX? I made sure it was, deleted and restored, its in one of the files, just don't know which one
By cleone
Okay. Cutscenes are working fine(except for intro). Music needs to be renamed. What was the original file names for the music?
By Fireboyd78
I've said it 3 times now - I don't know where the music is, all I know is its in one of the files inside DIRECTX - Either a .DLL file or one of the other many files. :wink:
By Driver of DOOM
As i said, the music needs to be added to a mixed CD, i don't know if you can do it with your software, but it should be playable on a Hi-Fi
By cleone
CarLuver69 wrote:I've said it 3 times now - I don't know where the music is, all I know is its in one of the files inside DIRECTX - Either a .DLL file or one of the other many files. :wink:
Read the previous post before you post! DIRECTX did not work unless the files are named wrong. I am going to PM Madness because he extracted the music...

The cutscenes were not supposed to be put on a CD. They were supposed to go in the program directory for Driver in the folder FMVDATA.
By Nikusakken
Nope. The movies have to be put on the CD. As it has been said plenty of times, it has to be put in a folder called "FMVDATA".
By madness
Firstly, I have no idea what the ActiveMark downloaded version is?
What I've mentioned is what you need to do for the real version although I haven't tested this method.

You need to make an audio-data disk.
Put anything in the data section, preferably copy the contents of the orgional driver disk. (or copy everything from the extracted ActiveMark downloaded version???)
Then Track 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 - are available for music that should play in driver.

When the final disk is burnt test it in a standard cd player, track 1 should sound screechy as it's the data track. Then track 2 to 9 should be what you added as track 1 to 8.

Nero has a feature to make an audio-data disk.

Sorry, my instructions aren't solid.
But I've never attempted to try this. Use the instructions as a basic idea.

Plus! The DirectX folder contains the Microsoft DirectX 5 runtime. (may not be version 5).
Audio isn't visible in windows explorer. I got the music by ripping it just like you rip albums you purchased from the shops to put on your mp3 player/ipod.

But the main problem is the fact the activemark version of Driver may have the code that looks for the cd removed.
I would suggest contacting ActiveMark support or something? otherwise see if you can find driver second hand in cd format somewhere.
By Fireboyd78
I know this sounds way off, but what if we put DirectX 9 Runtime stuff inside the DIRECTX folder? :wink:
By Nikusakken
Nothing will happen. That folder is just to install DirectX6 for people who doesn't have it.
By Fireboyd78
you're right on that part, but i wonder where the music is stored?
By cleone
madness wrote:Firstly, I have no idea what the ActiveMark downloaded version is?
What I've mentioned is what you need to do for the real version although I haven't tested this method.

You need to make an audio-data disk.
Put anything in the data section, preferably copy the contents of the orgional driver disk. (or copy everything from the extracted ActiveMark downloaded version???)
Then Track 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 - are available for music that should play in driver.

When the final disk is burnt test it in a standard cd player, track 1 should sound screechy as it's the data track. Then track 2 to 9 should be what you added as track 1 to 8.

Nero has a feature to make an audio-data disk.

Sorry, my instructions aren't solid.
But I've never attempted to try this. Use the instructions as a basic idea.

Plus! The DirectX folder contains the Microsoft DirectX 5 runtime. (may not be version 5).
Audio isn't visible in windows explorer. I got the music by ripping it just like you rip albums you purchased from the shops to put on your mp3 player/ipod.

But the main problem is the fact the activemark version of Driver may have the code that looks for the cd removed.
I would suggest contacting ActiveMark support or something? otherwise see if you can find driver second hand in cd format somewhere.
Track 1 is not included in the ZIP from the download database.

EDIT: Not working. :( Oh I give up with the music... At least I have Windows Media Player. I wonder how it reacts when the screen changes resolution...
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]