Driver Madness competitions will be posted here.
By madness
The “scratch my car” mini-game has now been released for a couple of months now and I believe it is time to see some talent. There are no prizes just pure reputation, a gain in your popularity around the streets of Driver Madness.

However soon I’ll be adding a new prize system yet again it’s all about reputation except it’ll be in more than words so soon I’ll edit this post with information about the prizes. But for now why not check out the scratchmycar mini-game and try your best to get ranked in the High Scores List.

So here are a set of instructions

Use one of the following links to load up the game
Official Site

Then try to perform your best and submit a screenshot of your scores, you must take a screenshot of everything including the browser window Then when you go to send your scores you may email it to me at madness.productions@gmail.com then I’ll add your score into the official Scratch My Car Competition.

Entries Close: 25th August 2007

Prizes:
1st - 20points
2nd - 10points
3rd - 5points

If you have any queries or questions feel free to ask.
Last edited by madness on Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By daan
Registration Days Posts
I can't get it to work. The gauge doesn't show up when I'm moveing mouse from left to right as it was shown in tutorial. Nothing happens.
By Coyote
I remember my score was about 1600!! incredible ! l'll try again :)

edit:I tried to make a screenshot but it doesn't work I dont know why but ill retry until it works
By madness
daan wrote:I can't get it to work. The gauge doesn't show up when I'm moving mouse from left to right as it was shown in tutorial. Nothing happens.
Maybe you should try it again. If it still doesn't work why not try out the mirror by clicking here.
Millbrea 04 wrote:I remember my score was about 1600!! incredible ! l'll try again :)

edit:I tried to make a screenshot but it doesn't work I don't know why but ill retry until it works
Just make sure you also use the email feature to send me the email as well, then I kind of have more proof about what you achieved. But to make a screenshot you'll need to press the "print screen" key and then go into a program like paint and paste it and save it as a .jpeg.

Hopefully this will work and you'll be able to take a screenshot of your achievement.
By Coyote
No, i've got a mac a it's much simplier as that. I just have to press ONE button :D

I'll mail you again and make a screen.

PS: I've got a new Mail adress

2004.coyote@gmail.com

So when you receive my mail you should know that is me.
By madness
Ok, once I've received the screenshot I'll make a ranking post where I will post all evidence and the ranks and I'll make it so it's watermarked and people can't steal your screenshot.
By Coyote
So who's the winner :D ?
By madness
We have to the 25th :P
and your the only person who has entered :S
By Coyote
lol im a winner :D

… for the moment.

if nobody enters will u cancell it ?
By madness
you will just remain the winner, and there will be no 1st, 2nd or 3rd prizes. Or maybe you get 1st, 2nd and 3rd Prize. :P

Maybe I have to announce the prize before anyone wants to be bothered about entering. So I'll announce the prizes soon.
By Coyote
Yeah, if they hear they get a new Corvette, maybe they'll try to beat me :D
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
so whats the current record?
By Lseven7
I tried, and thought i'd got an unbelievably high score, as the car rocketed off at full speed, but I never saw the ramp this time, and the car simply rolled to a stop at 858 metres and just sat there bobbing up and down with the animation for when its moving. so it looks like i found a glitch. picture attached (ive resized it from 1280by1024, i figured that would be way to big like a lot of photos ive seen from digital cameras seem to be)
By madness
at the moment the scores are the following

1st - Lseven7 - 2016 meters
2nd - Coyote - 1546 meters

I was thinking about hiding the scores until the end but maybe this will push people a little bit more to submit their entry. At the moment you could get 5 points simply by entering a screenshot with any numerical amount of points/meters.

So get your entries in as there is only 2 days left till the 25th of August.
By Coyote
2016 meters ???!!! What ?? Did you use Photoshop ? :mrgreen:
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
I actually finally decided to really play this minigame and yeah I encountered the same glitch that Lseven did. I sent my score to Madness and we'll see if it holds up...
By nitrored
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
2016 meters ???!!! What ?? Did you use Photoshop ? :mrgreen:
thanks for ruining my plan
ill get mine up soon
By Sedans
i cant play!!! :cry:
By nitrored
omfg...my score wont copy and paste!!!i used the print scr button! :cry:
By madness
Well here are some updated scores

1st - Moonchild - 2186 meters
2nd - Lseven7 - 2016 meters
3rd - Coyote - 1546 meters

Things are starting to get pretty tight, so everyone get scratching. :P

also note that being a winner here will increase your chances at getting a Driver: 76 T-Shirt.

Good Luck! :P
By nitrored
man its hard!
By Lseven7
madness wrote:Well here are some updated scores

1st - Moonchild - 2186 meters
2nd - Lseven7 - 2016 meters

Things are starting to get pretty tight, so everyone get scratching. :P

also note that being a winner here will increase your chances at getting a Driver: 76 T-Shirt.

Good Luck! :P
now i have to try harder :roll:
By Coyote
I'll try to break your records :D
By madness
Ok, now we have some even better scores.

1st - Moonchild - 2406 meters
2nd - Lseven7 - 2306 meters

seems a bit strange that moonchild and Lseven7 both have *06 at the end of their scores, kind of reminds me of Driver: Parallel Lines second era.

and just in case someone tried to edit their pictures moonchild and Lseven7 never seen each others pictures. :P

and if anyone gets any higher scores could they send me even higher quality versions because the current isn't as easy to tell weather it's authentic. But so far it looks like they all are!

and it's also a great idea if they can use the email your score to a friend feature if you have that option when ending the game as this with verify your screenshot.
By Moonchild
Alright, I did the game again (my wrist is sore) and I got the same damn score again, 2406. This time though, I used that email your score to a friend feature so yeah it's legit. I hope no one beats it though becauseI'm tired of playing this game...

As for a high quality pic, how do you do that? because I just take it into a photo album and then zoom to 100% and the picture is clearly visible.
By Lseven7
ok... i have got 2306 a couple of times now, its almost as if the game has set intervals of scores to give you (notice that coyote also has a 6 @ the end of his score. ill send a high quality version when i beat moonchilds score :P.

i can also veryify because i have my msn desktop contacts at the top of the screen and i can prove that i have those people in my contacts
By Coyote
Maybe 2406 is the maximum.
By Moonchild
Coyote wrote:Maybe 2406 is the maximum
I hope so, but I doubt it. The max score is probally 9999.
By madness
Moonchild wrote:Alright, I did the game again (my wrist is sore) and I got the same damn score again, 2406. This time though, I used that email your score to a friend feature so yeah it's legit. I hope no one beats it though becauseI'm tired of playing this game...

As for a high quality pic, how do you do that? because I just take it into a photo album and then zoom to 100% and the picture is clearly visible.
your score has been verified completely now.
and the .bmp ones you sent out where really high quality and I could zoom in a lot. But don't worry about sending another screenshot for the same score, only if you some how get a better score.

But for not it looks like it just might be the highest score.
By Coyote
I dont get over 1600… damn how do you make that ??!

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]

https://youtu.be/j10ltSvvSFU

Supercharged V8 (Driv3r)

https://youtu.be/PNpHXUwiFKs

A tutorial video on how to make custom missions fo[…]