Having any problems running the game on any platforms or anything abnormal as happened in your game and you can fix it, come in here for assistance.
By max.thunder
As many of us know Driv3r suffers of some graphic issues. Thanks to Janujeq and Skylabh collaboration for this topic. :wink:

1st pic: Driv3r set on ultra in game menu.

2nd pic: Driv3r set on ultra in game menu + NVIDIA Control Panel

As you can see, the textures are improved (less blurry) and also the textures draw distance is improved.
NVIDIA Control Panel

Antialiasing - Configuration: 32x CSAA.
Antialiasing - FXAA: Activated.
Antialiasing - Mode: Improve the the configuration of the application.
Antialiasing - Gamma correction: Activated.
Antialiasing - Transparency: 8x.
Anisotropic filter: 16x.
Texture filtering - Quality: High Quality.
Texture filtering - Negative LOD Bias: Clamp
Texture filtering - Anisotropic optimization: Activated.
Texture filtering - Trilineal optimization: Activated.
Vertical sync: Activated.
Triple buffer: Activated.

1st pic: Driv3r set on ultra in game menu.

2nd pic: Driv3r set on ultra in game menu + ATI Catalyst Control Center
ATI Catalyst Control Center

Another difference is that the patched version of Driv3r offers a little more draw distance.

1st pic: Driv3r set on ultra in game menu. (NOT PATCHED)

2nd pic: Driv3r set on ultra in game menu. (PATCHED)

You can clearly notice it paying attention to the building in the right.
TheEngiGuy wrote:Really nice find, and it works with my ATI drivers.
Now we just need to find out how to fix the lighting and the pixels on the road when playing at night.
That's probably going to be impossible, for the most part. The reason they flicker like that is because some genius decided to use floating geometry with the night textures as windows. They're so close to the building geometry, that the game engine starts having Z-Buffering issues, aka "Z-Fighting" if you've heard of it. Basically it's so close to the mesh, which is causing the flickering. It's fixable...but it would take many months to fix it one by one. "Would it be worth it?" you must ask yourself.
By TheEngiGuy
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
CarLuver69 wrote:
TheEngiGuy wrote:Really nice find, and it works with my ATI drivers.
Now we just need to find out how to fix the lighting and the pixels on the road when playing at night.
It's fixable...but it would take many months to fix it one by one. "Would it be worth it?" you must ask yourself.
Now that I think about it, probably not.
By Fab2cent
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
i have flickering on almost every texture in nice and Istanbul on all weather and time settings...sorry for the bump but i was wondering if it is just my pc? or are u guys getting the flickering 2
By VAIMAHDO
Fab2cent wrote:i have flickering on almost every texture in nice and Istanbul on all weather and time settings...sorry for the bump but i was wondering if it is just my pc? or are u guys getting the flickering 2
No. As Carluver has previously explained, it happens when two meshes are in the same exact position or very close and you are a bit far away causing a flickering effect. It's dependent on your draw distance because the low and high detail models were programed to overlap at a certain distance which is kind of stupid. Reflections should have just had it switch models rather then overlap.
By Klancnik777
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
actualy placing the overlapping object at least 1 smallest unit away from the building can fix the problem. also "2 objects being too close to each can cause z fighting" is false (in my Experience) only time you gonna have z fighting is when 2 planes are inside eachother.
Last edited by Klancnik777 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Z-fighting usually occurs when two objects are placed too close to each other. I think the PS2 rendering engine didn't suffer from Z-fighting, which is why a lot of the models have issues on PC. They weren't designed with PC in mind :P
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]