Having any problems running the game on any platforms or anything abnormal as happened in your game and you can fix it, come in here for assistance.
By myblueocean
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
Hi,

The xbox copy of Driv3r tends to sometimes freeze, now that just could be the scratches on the disc, I bought it second hand in March 2008, along with an old xbox. Also recently, while in take a ride on a number of occassions the menu keeps loading up. Either that is just an unknown glitch :shock: :? :roll: or the xbox controller port has a slight problem. I tried blowing any dust out of the port or the controller connector, though no change. I don't think it can be a glitch, I have had it for so long that it has never happened before.

Any similar problems from anyone?
By cleone
myblueocean wrote:Hi,

The xbox copy of Driv3r tends to sometimes freeze, now that just could be the scratches on the disc, I bought it second hand in March 2008, along with an old xbox. Also recently, while in take a ride on a number of occassions the menu keeps loading up. Either that is just an unknown glitch :shock: :? :roll: or the xbox controller port has a slight problem. I tried blowing any dust out of the port or the controller connector, though no change. I don't think it can be a glitch, I have had it for so long that it has never happened before.

Any similar problems from anyone?
On my PS2 version I had attempted using ScratchOut on it (because I also bought it used), and the ScratchOut residue (which I forgot to wipe off before I played) caused the problems you described. You may have too many scratches or your disc may be severely dirty. If it is scratches, do NOT use ScratchOut, that sh*t don't work at all. You may want to try to find a game store and see if they will buff your disc for a fee. I just bought the PC version instead but if you can't/don't wanna do that, take it to different game stores and see if they will take care of the scratches. Hope this helps. :)
By myblueocean
Thanks for the reply, you could be right about that.

I own the PC copy, but I think the console versions are better, but as my PS2 stopped working last month, I only play the xbox copy. The PC is just when that stops working, and purchasing a console isn't cheap or the old Standard televisions are not on sale anymore for them. Though that is the case in the United kingdom.

Sounds like a good idea, I could try a game shop to see if they would be okay with that.
By cleone
myblueocean wrote:Thanks for the reply, you could be right about that.

I own the PC copy, but I think the console versions are better, but as my PS2 stopped working last month, I only play the xbox copy. The PC is just when that stops working, and purchasing a console isn't cheap or the old Standard televisions are not on sale anymore for them. Though that is the case in the United kingdom.

Sounds like a good idea, I could try a game shop to see if they would be okay with that.
Yea, the only upside of the pc version is the extra mission, which isn't anything special. The console versions are much more stable, having better frame rates, car colors, funnier glitches :lol: , WORKING BULLET HOLES, less damage glitches, etc. Good luck trying to get it repaired! If all else fails check Amazon or Ebay for new copies, avoid used.
By myblueocean
When I played driv3r the menu problem did occur again, but not as frequent as the other time it happened.

It doesn't stop me from playing the game, I could just leave it as it is, but it is nicer to have smoother play. At some point I'll go to one of the shops. I also have Ozzy OSbourne's Hellraizer and time after time songs uploaded on the hard disk so I can listen in take a ride. The xbox copy beats the PC copy any day.

Though what you said about ditching pre-owned copies, problem is they are dead cheap and may or may not have that problem..
By cleone
myblueocean wrote:When I played driv3r the menu problem did occur again, but not as frequent as the other time it happened.

It doesn't stop me from playing the game, I could just leave it as it is, but it is nicer to have smoother play. At some point I'll go to one of the shops. I also have Ozzy OSbourne's Hellraizer and time after time songs uploaded on the hard disk so I can listen in take a ride. The xbox copy beats the PC copy any day.

Though what you said about ditching pre-owned copies, problem is they are dead cheap and may or may not have that problem..
Yea, pre-owned copies are dirt cheap, but think about it. You could get it new for really cheap too. And if its new, you don't have to worry about any damage.
By myblueocean
True, but the new copies few that there are not under £10.

The console I own is old, and pre-owned with some damage to it, the disc drive has to be hit to open it. I leave a cd in there so I can open it without having to do that. If you buy a new copy and then the console was to stop working, similar to when I purchased Driv3r for the PS2 only days later it stopped reading the discs. And not forgetting, that they don't sell cathade ray tube televisions over here anymore.

You have to weigh the cost against the technology that is seriously dated including the television.
By cleone
myblueocean wrote:True, but the new copies few that there are not under £10.

The console I own is old, and pre-owned with some damage to it, the disc drive has to be hit to open it. I leave a cd in there so I can open it without having to do that. If you buy a new copy and then the console was to stop working, similar to when I purchased Driv3r for the PS2 only days later it stopped reading the discs. And not forgetting, that they don't sell cathade ray tube televisions over here anymore.

You have to weigh the cost against the technology that is seriously dated including the television.
You can fix the PS2 disc read errors. Just Google some guides on how to do it. Most of the time its due to the lens getting dirty or something. I don't remember much since I packed up my XBOX and PS2 when I got the 360. No room on my desk for those gems anymore.
By myblueocean
There was no guarantee that once you tried cleaning the lens it would work, open the console up, before that purchase the cleaning product and then try it out, and if it didn't work out have to screw it back, tv is too old. I just decided to recycle it, got out my old PS out. I'm on the last mission on Driver 2, my 007 the world is not enough doesn't go past mission six, the disc is too old now.

In the end when the tech is old and nor replacable such as the tv best to just to get rid of it don't bother with the investment. :|

The xbox controller I have I bought it new, third party one. £10.
By cleone
myblueocean wrote:There was no guarantee that once you tried cleaning the lens it would work, open the console up, before that purchase the cleaning product and then try it out, and if it didn't work out have to screw it back, tv is too old. I just decided to recycle it, got out my old PS out. I'm on the last mission on Driver 2, my 007 the world is not enough doesn't go past mission six, the disc is too old now.

In the end when the tech is old and nor replacable such as the tv best to just to get rid of it don't bother with the investment. :|

The xbox controller I have I bought it new, third party one. £10.
Yea I wanna get another xbox controller someday cause I'm gonna pull out the xbox someday and play some classics such as Rallisport Challenge 2 or True Crime Streets of LA. Nothing is built to last, everything is designed purposely to break so you have to buy more. Corporate assholes....
By myblueocean
I was playing Driv3r yesterday, no problem with the menu pop up. Hmm, I don't know.

Well hopefully the tv should still last longer than the xbox. I mean for the xbox to have a damaged disc drive tray, it had to of fallen and hit hard There was a small amount of white paint when I bought it on the side if I remember correctly. May be somebody was re decorating their room and the xbox was there in the wrong place, and it dropped to the floor. :? Well, over four years later still working fine, at least the controller was new, less finger prints and who knows what else :lol: Could say that about any second hand item... :shock:
By cleone
myblueocean wrote:I went into a game shop not to far from where I live, and they said the disc cleaning machine was in repair, but they also charge for cleaning a CD, £2. You can buy another pre-owned copy for that amount. I don't think its worth it.
But think, the quality of the repair is almost always guaranteed to be playable, where a pre-owned copy is not always guaranteed to work. I would say wait til they get the machine repaired, then get it buffed out. I don't trust used games from past experience. My current working Driv3r copy for PC had to be bought new, cause all the used ones I've seen we're WRECKED from ragers and people hating the game so much that they damaged the disc. I'll post a picture of my Driv3r for PS2 some day if I can find it. Its probably in a box in the basement.
By myblueocean
I played the game yesterday, and it worked fine. I take your point about getting it cleaned.

I could always invest the £2.03p for an old PS1 copy of Driver.

I just completed Driver 2 yesterday only after having to repeat it again as the memory card failed, brand new, I was lucky with the mission where you chased the gunman. I managed to hit the car a number of times, I tried at least a good thirty times. I only get frustrated, I don't damage anything. Because I just tell myself, it's only a game, and the equiptment is all fine and well, not to be damaged over a collection of images, programming code, and models on a disc. I even thought to myself, the programmer behind that specific Rio mission must of been drinking a bit of the old viscky, or something. May be some strong scottish stuff, North of the border. :P

The last mission was a breeze in comparison! :wink:
By myblueocean
I did own a PS2, but it became faulty. I recycled it last month, I will also send the PC copy of Driv3r there too. Just isn't worth the electricity usage.

The same happened this morning with all the games, including my old Splinter cell Chaos theory game.

I tried blowing the dust out of both the port and controller, no difference. Might just be something to accept. PS2's need to be £10, they are not worth the investment especially when those old cathade ray tube televisions are not on sale brand new anymore.
By cleone
myblueocean wrote:I just wanted to mention that it isn't the disc, because the controller error also occurs when playing either Grand Theft Auto vice city or 3.

It has to be the controller or more likely the port...I don't think it is the controller.
Are you using a wireless controller or a wired one? The wire may be damaged if it is wired and wireless on old consoles is VERY unreliable. I remember having wireless controllers and never using them because they didn't work most of the time.
By myblueocean
Been awhile, I've only tried hoovering the console, nothing has changed. Some times it is repetitive quickly. I also looked at the underside, and it was manufactured 17 May 2005. I was sixteen years old back then, just leaving school.

Some of the ones I have seen are just all used and dirty, I'd rather try and purchase a boxed one...few of those around, I could always try that shop I bought it from. Or just live with the problem. I only play Driv3r time to time, about half an hour.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]