Having any problems running the game on any platforms or anything abnormal as happened in your game and you can fix it, come in here for assistance.
By pbekic001s
Registration Days
I know there is already a topic on this but the person who posted it did not get a decent answer because he didnt even know how to list his system specs.

Laptop
Windows Vista Business
1 gb RAM
Intel 945GM express
1.6 ghz
224 mb video memory
pixel shader version 2.0
vertex shader version 2.0

I know the specs are a bit off, but i reckon if I put it to lowest settings it would work.

please help!!! :cry:
By Klancnik777
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
i dont know the problem ask madness for help oh... welcome to drivermadness
By pbekic001s
Registration Days
thanks......

the problem is:

i installed the game normally
then when I launch the game this is what I get:
failed to create directx
no supported display adapter present

help plzzzz
By Klancnik777
oh i get it now! you didnt instal the drivers for display (i think)
Last edited by Klancnik777 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
By bb_42001
Yeah, you know the CD or DVD you got with your monitor, install whats on there, that should help

bb42001

Noodles

By cleone
pbekic001s wrote:I know there is already a topic on this but the person who posted it did not get a decent answer because he didnt even know how to list his system specs.

Laptop
Windows Vista Business
1 gb RAM
Intel 945GM express
1.6 ghz
224 mb video memory
pixel shader version 2.0

I know the specs are a bit off, but i reckon if I put it to lowest settings it would work.

please help!!! :cry:
That is weird. Try going on Google and finding a free DirectX 9 download. Welcome to Driver Madness!
By Nikusakken
Your video card is a Intel 945GM express, right? If so, that's the reason why the game is refusing to start.
By pbekic001s
Registration Days
[quote]oh i get it now! you didnt instal the drivers for display (i think/quote]

And how do i do that?

P.s

I just wanna tell u guys this is the best forum ever!!!!
I get answers so fast!
UR THE BEST
in other forums u have to wait like 5 days for an answer
By Driver of DOOM
Correct me if i am wrong other people, but you go to Control Panel>System>Device Manager (tab) then look for display adapter or a similar group, and click on it then click on properties, then look around for update driver. This is, i think, how you do it, but don't quote me on that, good luck!
By pbekic001s
Registration Days
I installed the latest display adapter driver but I still get the same errror message..................

Any more suggestions?
By Driver of DOOM
when u installed it, did you ensure that you installed the included direct x, it might have something important in it, again i'm clutching at straws, good luck!

EDIT: i think 2 mins is pretty fast!
By Nikusakken
As I said, it must be your video card. It's a Intel integrated one, and they fail at playing games. If that's the case, I'd sugest you to buy a new laptop.
By pbekic001s
Registration Days
[quoteAs I said, it must be your video card. It's a Intel integrated one, and they fail at playing games. If that's the case, I'd sugest you to buy a new laptop[/quote]

Yes I do have that video card...
So is there any hope I could play driver 3 with that video card?

If not could you reccomend a video card i could buy maybe one of the geforce series?
By Nikusakken
Anything over a GeForce 6 or a Radeon X series can run Driv3r. However, as you have a laptop, you can't upgrade it (Laptops can't be upgraded).
By cleone
Nick Brasil wrote:Anything over a GeForce 6 or a Radeon X series can run Driv3r. However, as you have a laptop, you can't upgrade it (Laptops can't be upgraded).
They can't? I thought they could. Well, a laptop would not handle it anyway. If my friend's brand spanking new laptop can't handle The Sims 2, then no laptop nowadays can handle Driv3r.
By Nikusakken
It depends of the laptop. Because there are gaming laptops out there. You just need to search for them (and have the money to pay for them).
By madness
Nick Brasil wrote:Your video card is a Intel 945GM express, right? If so, that's the reason why the game is refusing to start.
Nick Brasil wrote:As I said, it must be your video card. It's a Intel integrated one, and they fail at playing games. If that's the case, I'd sugest you to buy a new laptop.
This is correct, and is a common issue with many games.
Laptops weren't really designed for gaming, but if your in the market for an expensive gaming laptop some come with proper Nvidia or Ati graphics but don't expect a laptop under $2000 to keep up with new release games. You might be lucky with some games which runs on crappier systems.
pbekic001s wrote:Yes I do have that video card...
So is there any hope I could play driver 3 with that video card?

If not could you recommend a video card i could buy maybe one of the geforce series?
What Nick said also applies.
Nick Brasil wrote:Anything over a GeForce 6 or a Radeon X series can run Driv3r. However, as you have a laptop, you can't upgrade it (Laptops can't be upgraded).
Laptops cannot be ungraded because they use onboard video (the graphics controller is built into the mainboard to save space), a component of the motherboard which is really annoying because some onboard graphic components blow-up and you have to replace the motherboard of the laptop which almost costs as much as the laptop in most cases.
pbekic001s wrote:Laptop
Windows Vista Business
1 gb RAM
Intel 945GM express
1.6 ghz
224 mb video memory
pixel shader version 2.0
driv3r will run under the specifications specified on the side if it's ram or cpu speed. But unfortunately there is no exception to video controllers. Overall your laptop is pretty good but many games don't support Intel Graphic Chipsets. Which works perfectly for business applications like office :D.

I'm sorry we cannot come to a proper resolution.
But this is how things are in the laptop gaming world.
If your eager to try this game out, I'd suggest going to a mates or gf's place and try it on their machine unless you have a desktop pc you can try it on. :D
By Nikusakken
This is why I don't want a laptop. Few days ago, my mom asked me if I'd like to have a laptop, and I said no, mainly due to the reason that you can't upgrade it, and also because for me it would be a waste of money. I woudn't use it that much.
By madness
Nick Brasil wrote:This is why I don't want a laptop. Few days ago, my mom asked me if I'd like to have a laptop, and I said no, mainly due to the reason that you can't upgrade it, and also because for me it would be a waste of money. I woudn't use it that much.
Some laptop components can be upgraded, but it's usually not worth it. Since the components cost a lot more.

You can upgrade;
HDD (most laptops only allow 1 HDD so you have to replace), CPU, RAM (most laptops allow you to expand rather than replace), CD DRIVE.

:o Laptops aren't that bad, just so damn expensive.
By pbekic001s
Registration Days
ya.... so i cant play it with this laptop.

well thanks or your support people!

\is there any other game like driver 3 i could play with my laptop?
(I dont want to play driver 1 and 2 coz u cant get out of the car) (that sucks)
By Driver of DOOM
You could play GTA or another game like that, but in driver 2 you can get out of the car, just its only available for PS1 and is, relative to Driv3r, rather naf (no guns etc.).
By PrototypeDriver
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Friends Avatar
the same of pbekic001s happens me too
but this time the computer is a Windows XP
i'll try to download DirectX 9 version as cleone said before
should help
By cleone
PrototypeDriver wrote:the same of pbekic001s happens me too
but this time the computer is a Windows XP
i'll try to download DirectX 9 version as cleone said before
should help
nice bump, but if you need any help let us know.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]