Discussion for Driver: LA Undercover on mobile phones (2007)
By Coyote
Hello

I want to talk about DLAU :) I ve got it on my phone and i got some informations: I think Ray's 2nd name is Edmond cause in DLAU theres like a register where gangsters are registred and one of them is called Edmond Ray and he looks like Ray.

There s somthing written about him, what he has done in 1976 I think and in the 70s and 90s.

that would mean that Ray is NOT dead in DPL cause DLAU plays in 2008
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
Interesting, I haven't played the game so what I'm about to say is pure speculation on my part but I don't think that "Edmond Ray" has any connection to the DPL Ray because of what DLAU is.

Like you said, the game takes place in 2008, Tanner is young and bearded. It just seems like the game is a retelling or a somewhat rebith of the original and the whole Ray character just might be a indirect reference to Driver 76 or something.

Then again, I could be wrong, but whatever the case, I don't think that DPL Ray could have survived after what happened to him. Plus, TK checked his pulse afterwards and his reaction basically indicated what Ray's "status" was.

By the way, how is Driver L.A. Undercover?
By nitrored
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
i own it,
its ok
never noticed that
By Coyote
Well, if Ray is dead, who is towing TK's wrecked cars ? lol

at the beginning of the game, theres a man, i think someone who worked with tanner because he said "tanner, 2 years and you're still the same"

2008-2 = 2006 and in 2006 there was DPL

that would mean that tanner stopped working for the police in 2006 and in 2008 he camed back but only to stop the mafia boss

very interesting :)
By TheGabo92
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
I think he said that because Driver: Vegas take place in 2006
By Coyote
hum… yeh but that doesn't changes anything. thing is, he stopped working in 2006.

I dont have DV but if it plays in 2006, tanner worked in NYC and in Vegas in 2006.

DPL plays in summer, I know that because TK says "what a hot summer" when you fall with your car in the water and he comes out.

and do you know when DV plays ? Wich month or season ?
By TheGabo92
DPL is in summer in 78, but it is winter in 2006... and how do you know that Tanner was in NYC in 2006?
By Coyote
Yes you're right, summer in 78 not in 06.

Well the screenshot I showed you is from DPL in 2006.
By TheGabo92
Coyote wrote:Yes you're right, summer in 78 not in 06.

Well the screenshot I showed you is from DPL in 2006.
Well... the pic doesn't mean Tanner is in NY... I think is just an easter egg
By Coyote
Yeah, you're right…

In Driver 1(1979), Tanner works for the FBI in NYC and goes to Miami.
In Driv3r(2003-2004), Tanner works for the FBI in Miami.

So maybe 2 years later he went back to the FBI in NY.

Maybe in Driver Vegas they say something about that.
By Wheels
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
Ray's not dead? What the f**k? He took a bullet to the head from Corrigan. How the f**k is he alive again?
By Fab2cent
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
2007.....7 years ago....when driver PL came out on PC. cant believe its been 7 years ahhaha
By VAIMAHDO
Fab2cent wrote:2007.....7 years ago....when driver PL came out on PC. cant believe its been 7 years ahhaha
I know I can't believe it myself .-. I remember going to Wall mart and seeing Driver PL and asking my dad if I could get it....(2006) Dam, I remember back in 2007 I had seen my first D3 video..
By max.thunder
Coyote wrote:Well, if Ray is dead, who is towing TK's wrecked cars ? lol

at the beginning of the game, theres a man, i think someone who worked with tanner because he said "tanner, 2 years and you're still the same"

2008-2 = 2006 and in 2006 there was DPL

that would mean that tanner stopped working for the police in 2006 and in 2008 he camed back but only to stop the mafia boss

very interesting :)
What did he smoke?

@Wheels: i think that what he said isn't accurate, i've never heard this, and Ray is dead (at least it looks like that in the cutscene, he doesn't move after being shot). If he would survive we would see something, even if he could survive i doubt that TK would apologise him for what he had done.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]