Old news can be found here.
By madness
The driver series has been around for quite some time now and Driver Madness has only been around for almost 2 of the 8 years the series has existed. With the download database just starting up we have missed out on a lot of files which have just vanished from the internet. We hope that you can join us in the search for Driver Downloads, this includes mission scripts, screensavers, and anything you'd normally find in the downloads section.

Basically out download database is missing a lot of the older files. This includes Driver 1 and 2 trailers, driver 1 translation packs and more.

At the moment I’ll add a list of files I know that exist and if you downloaded these files ages ago it’ll be good if we could arrange for you to upload them on the driver madness server so other can download the files via. The driver madness download database.

Known Files
Driver: 2 Trailer (there is a low res one on youtube) - (looking for better quality)
By Coyote
You should make it like that, that the memebrs can upload files to the databse. I've got a lot of things of the Driver series and they are not in the downloads database. If that'd be possible, we'd have much more things in the dowwnloads section.
By madness
It is possible however everytime someone uploads a file to the database I usually download it, delete it and re-add it from another location.

So it's usually best if you sent it to my and I add it. Alternativly it's possible for me to just move the file and change the url. It's all about me trying to keep everything organised rather than in a single folder.

Also there is a limit as php isn't the best at uploading things much bigger than 2meg, since the server we are using now is a lot better we have upped that to 8meg. But we are trying to make it easier in a way by giving users ftp details so they can upload as many files as possible and I can move them around on the server.
By Coyote
Maybe we should make a list of everything that we need in the database.
By madness
Ok, what should we add to that list. :P
and do you have files that are missing from the database currently?

Note I'm still in the process of adding exsisting ones however I've got all the driver 1, 2 content already there except D1 (patchs) whch I'm uploading soon and that's pretty much it.

So maybe we should start with Driver 1 and Driver 2 downloads and work from there.
By Coyote
hmm… well I've got some artworks and screens from Driver 1…
same thing for Driver 2.
And you should add the Driv3r police ;) it isn't there.
By Coyote
Oh yeah Driver font ! But when I write something, I go in the "Police" menu.
By madness
now your confusing me, is that in another language?
french maybe... because it's meant to mean organizes in French but I'm not sure.

Anyways, tomorrow I'll be going somewhere with fast internet to upload loads of driver content so once I've uploaded it all and have set it up for Driver Madness Database I'll act heavily on this thread.
By Coyote
No, its not in french :P i saw somewhere was written "police" . Yeh maybe its french I dont know… hmm, whatever.
By madness
ok, so at the moment I only have a really low quality of what looks like the driver 2 trailer or commercial!
I'm hoping someone knows where I can locate a better looking version!

A while ago atari had set up an ftp for the official driv3r site and put all the downloads for that site onto a

downloadscentre ftp site. If I remember correctly there were just over 250 driv3r screensavers.

If we remember back to when the driv3r site was first around you could chooice from a variety of options when you created

your screensaver and all these varieties could be found in the atari download centre ftp. They aren't there anymore and I never

got to downloading them because it took to long, I'm hoping that by some chance someone else will have them here!
By Sedans
DAMMIT!!!!!!! I HAD SOME OLD DRIVER STUFF that I DELETED Oh God I wish I wouldve know that I couldve still used them I swear I had some on my PC I had Some rare D1 artwork, some D1 scripts (alot of those) ect ect ect... AGH
By madness
I always think that it would be a great idea if Atari or Ubisoft come to me with all the files they officially released since it's good publicity for the game(s).

I tried contacting ubisoft in fact I typed up just over a couple of pages of things I wanted to talk to them about and I never got a reply. They were either to lazy or didn't really care about the fansites.

So it's up to the community to help me rebuild all the downloads that existed for the driver series.
By Coyote
Okay if you want we check everything you got and I give you everything you need.
By madness
Ok, so here is what I'll do.
I'll tell you everything I got for D1 and D2 in the next couple of days and if you have anything from those games that I don't have we can organize a way for you to upload all the files you have.

Well in fact just about all of what I can find will be in the download database by the end of this week!

But if you have anything that I have requested above just say so, since I don't have them or I have low crappy quality version.

One of my next primary things is the Collectors Edition, the dvd it had really high quality content on there that I'm looking to add to the database. I've been looking for someone who has that dvd disk for ages.
By Coyote
hmm… i have no one…

Okay, so when you uploaded everything on the database I'll check everything you got and I'll tell you if I have something you don't have.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]