Old news can be found here.
Yes you heard the right Ubisoft Australia has given us the chance to ask Martin user submitted questions. Did you want to know anything about Driver San Francisco, maybe something about martin himself? Or even about Reflections. NOW YOU CAN

Terms:

No limit on the questions you can ask.
Please ask questions on there own line at the top of the post, if more then one question give each question a new line.
Only open to DM members.
Question cut off date is 11th Thursday 12 noon Australian Central Time (aka my timezone)

PLEASE NOTE: Although Martin will try to answer all questions he not be able to.

bb42001

Noodles

My questions so far:

Will we see fully working turn signal lights like in Driver 1?

Can we change the colour of the cars in the garage?

Did you include dashboard view in unlicensed vehicles?

Are the car mirrors functional using the dashboard view? (functional, i mean that you can see all the stuff behind you)

Which kind of transmission will we see in the game? Auto or manual?
Why were cars not sold in the US such as the Alfa Romeo MiTo put in?

How come there isn't any 70's luxury cars like the Cadillac Eldorado, Chrysler Cordoba or Lincoln Continental?

Can doors fall off cars?

Are there trams in DSF?

Do you still have the beta/alpha versions of the Driver games?
By Olanov
Will there be a Driver San Francisco soundtrack?

Is the demo coming for PC? If not, why?

Can you save Film Director Replays to PC in DSF, instead of uploading them?

Can you listen to custom songs in DSF for all versions?

Is there an online freeroam?
Drive any vintage British Leyland tin, like a Rover SD1 or Morris Marina?

What was the most troublesome car you owned?

In The Seven Ups car chase, what car did you like more, the Ventura or the Grand Ville?
Questions:

Is there's a Buick GSX in the game?

Why is Tanner's car is a Dodge Challenger?

Why do you include nitros in game?

Why is the player car being used more heavier than traffic cars when crashed? Its so unrealistic.

Do you own any muscle or old cars now?

Are you planning already for Driver 6? If yes, what city? Havana :D ?

Will there be a PSP, Ipod, or mobile port?
Last edited by TA1LGATER on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have you heard about the Driver Madness community being the first to get mods successfully working in Driver 1?

Is it true that Tanner in Driv3r is based off of your brother, Gareth Edmonson?

Who came up with the "MeDmonson's" joke in Los Angeles in Driver 1, as a joke towards McDonalds? You or someone else?

Do you like hearing about us trying to import new cars into Driver 1? Do you appreciate our efforts?

Was the Tanner found in the beta Driver 1 loading screens based off of Bruce Dern's character in "The Driver" ?
It seems that there are no cable cars in the game's San Francisco, right?

Besides Tanner, Jones and Jericho, do any other character from previous games make a comeback?

Does the PC version take some advantage from things like DirectX 10 or multiple monitors (Eyefinity for example)?

What are the songs that are part of DSF soundtrack?

How do you see the video game industry in 10 years?

If you had the opportunity, would you make your own car chase film?

Did come to Brazil during the development of Driver 2? Did you like it?

Besides game development and cars, what are your other interests and activities?

What have you been playing lately?

What have you been listening to lately?

Why Reflections games are so hard?

I guess that's all, for now.
Only 2 things I'm curious to know from Martin:

Are you satisfied that Driver SF successfully captured the feel of the original game and fans of the original will find that original feel exists underneath all of the next-gen innovations?

I do like the Shift feature, but I feel like nitro & ram upgrades were brought in mainly to attract a wider audience to the game? In relation to this, is it truly possible to survive police chases and complete missions without using these new features as that would satisfy the hardcore Driver fans and newcomers more used to the Burnout and NFSHP style?
Do the police have heat levels such as in NFS: Most Wanted and Carbon?
How long does the game last with all the side missions and main storyline missions?
Do the cops try to wreck your car such as in Driver 1 or do they try to stop you like in NFS?
What split-screen game modes are there?
Due to licensing has the damage been minimized(like in Forza 3)?
Can you change the color of the cars in your garage(I wanna make my Challenger black and my Camaro red)?
Are the cops challenging or are they easy?
Does handling feel like it did in Driver 1 or is it slightly different?
Does the game experience any sudden frame rate drops at intense moments on the console versions?
Are there enemies that shoot out their windows at you?
Can the controls be reconfigured?
Is the infamous freeway chase from the Matrix: Reloaded one of the movie moments?
Do your single player cars carry over into multiplayer?
----if no, then do you have to find cars in multiplayer before buying them (like in single player)?
Are there any mainstream artists in the soundtrack or is it all non-mainstream?
Does the game sound good(I'll be playing it on Bose speakers)?
Is Will Power easy to come by or does it take a long time just to buy one car?
Why is Jericho now this big guy instead of this average dude duel wielding sawed-off shotguns?
I have heard that M.Edmonsen(did I spell it right?) is leaving Driver. What does this mean for the franchise?
Will there ever be any official modding tools released for Driv3r and DPL?
Is dialogue(when shifting into someone) in D:SF repeated frequently or does it vary such as in Left 4 Dead?
Is the game always in dusk or does it have daytime too?
Is the narrator in the walkthrough trailers Jones?
Is the game confusing(like Inception or Revolver)?
Are the achievements hard to get?
What kind of things can you buy for vehicles besides Thrill Cam and ramming?
Why didn't you guys use a second disc as an installation disc like Forza 3?
Are there any features for that stupid Kinect? I don't wanna have to get that.
Does the song change every time you change cars such as in DPL?
Is the story linear or non-linear?
What bonuses can be unlocked through UPlay?
In some videos I noticed a "Busted" timer. Why is it so long and is it easy or rare to get busted? What happens when this timer runs out?
When you rank up online do you get bonus abilities (RPG style)?

That is all my questions.

EDIT:Would you please read my review on the demo to see where you can improve the game?
http://www.drivermadness.net/forum/v2/v ... 106&t=2667
Last edited by cleone on Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wow that's a whole heap of questions we have here.

I wanted to ask something about the court case between Atari and Martin Edmonson after Driver: 3 and how he got back with the team to work on DSF with Ubisoft Reflections. Silly question I guess his beef was with Atari not Ubisoft but I'm curious on his experiences with his court case and dealing with Atari.

My brain hasn't been working properly lately, so making constructive questions is a little difficult. But I'll give it a shot.

What happened between you and Atari that resulted in leaving Reflections Interactive?
What did you do to keep yourself occupied until you returned to work at Ubisoft Reflections? (holiday, work at another company, ect)
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]