Old news can be found here.

DSF Theme time?

Yay
60%
Nay
40%
I've been thinking about converting DM to a DSF color theme, but I want to know everyone else's opinion. I'm open to suggestions!

PS: I am not the editor of the main site, that's Miller's job!
Me, i just prefer to see a theme with a compilation of all Driver games, inluding Driver San Francisco.
You could remake the old theme to a something new, there are some good pics to work with in the Downloads section
By Miller
bb_42001 wrote:who said Nay?
I am the other one who voted no. I see that the other DRIVER fan-sites have gotten on the DSF theme bandwagon or whatever one would call it. It is funny that at the official forum you cannot even see some of the hyperlinks because they are the same color as picture that encompasses the message board, or however one would describe the setting (background image or whatever). I think that from a strategic perspective that is a logical move, though. That is probably what people expect.

My personal preference is different, I like having our own look, our own identity. I like giving people something different from what they expect and then watching them realize they think it is cool. I do not like the idea of trying to imitate other websites or becoming one of the clones in the attack of the website clones, so to speak. I like the red and black. Regarding the current color scheme, I think hyperlinks in message posts are too dark.

I do like this place looking like it is about all DRIVER games. This idea of having a different look for each of the different forum sections is one I asked about previously, so I am all for that. I hope you can do that.

These are only my opinions and preferences. I only offer them because it was asked. I do not expect anyone else to agree with me, and I will support this place regardless of what it looks like. I think it should look the way you guys want it to.

Here is my only advice. If you are going to do something, do it. Do not just start to do it.
By Miller
Dr. Doom wrote:How about this - we open up theme selections! You can have either the DSF theme or the DM Classic theme! :D
We can offer more of these to users?
bb_42001 wrote:either that or a different theme for each section?
I think it would be wise to do all of this. For the amount of work involved, boss, you will get a lot of mileage out of it for your website. The users deserve it, anyway.

My suggestion is to keep the theme you have as the default one, adding the different colors for each of the game sections of the forum. And you also make a collection of themes for the entire forum, each of which having a header and color scheme matching one of the main DRIVER games from DRIVER to DSF.

I do not know what is involved—what, you change some numbers or letters that determine which colors are displayed? How hard can that be? Sounds time consuming, though. If you need help, I find it difficult to believe it would be any trouble getting volunteers. If security is an issue in that case, perhaps you could devise a plan that would allow people to participate without granting them access to your database.

Wow, you guys could make this place look really cool and increase the boss's chances of success dramtically with one move. Pretty exciting.
By Miller
Oh, I see sort of. Vector graphics or whatever? Little pictures that go from dark to light and all that. They make nice web page graphics compared to flat colors.

Thank you for the reply, boss. Whatever you guys do, good luck.

[EDIT]
I just checked out your forum folder on my rig. Lots of tiny buttons you got there. Man, I do not even see how you guys can begin to sort all that out. It is like huge warehouse in mainature--a warehouse full of spaghetti or something even. Like I said, good luck with that you guys.
I literally have to go through every single image and change the color of it, but it doesn't stop there - I have to change the color of the font too! It's VERY time consuming, trust me. But I do it out of the kindness of my heart. I sat there for days editing images and changing up the colors. The original color of this theme is blue, kind of like Driver 1. It was neat.
By Miller
Dr. Doom wrote: I literally have to go through every single image and change the color of it, but it doesn't stop there - I have to change the color of the font too! It's VERY time consuming, trust me. But I do it out of the kindness of my heart. I sat there for days editing images and changing up the colors.
The goodness of your heart? Is that supposed to be a joke, or do you actually expect someone here to believe that?

Most people, when they think of someone doing something out of the goodness of his heart, probably think of a person who is humble. He does not boast about what he has done. He does not fish for compliments. He does not make an issue of the sacrifice involved. He does seek recognition or reward (such as moderator status). I know I am not that kind of person. Are you trying to tell us you are, man?

So, if this theme is just a modified version of something else, are there not other themes we could simply buy that already match the color schemes of the various DRIVER games, and then put in our own header image thing?
Dr. Doom wrote: The original color of this theme is blue, kind of like Driver 1. It was neat.
Still got it? Will it work for the DRIVER [1] theme?

I kind of already forgot what I was looking at, but it seems like I saw something in your 'forum' folder among other themes folders that was yellow like DRIV3R, with Tanner on a motorcycle in the header or something like that? In the header it said DRIVER MADNESS FORUM, I think. What about that? What was that? Can it be used for something?
By Miller
So, if we want to have a Blog section and a Quick Reply feature, this particula theme needs to be modified to make the others? Or might we also be able to purchase (I do not even know where this stuff comes from to begin with) themes with appropriate color schemes that include those forum features?

By the way, I like that thing that lets a person change the font size that I saw when checking out the other themes that are presently available for use. That is pretty cool, man.
no i can get more theme, some are free, some you have to pay for, but the quick reply feature wasn't introduced until phpbb3.0.6 (which is on here now) the other theme are for phpbb3.0.5 where there was no quick reply box, so it is missing the necessary things to be able to display it. as for the blog, it has been modified for this theme, although yes it might be possible to make it work for the there themes but it would take a bit of effort

bb42001

Noodles

I didn't want this theme to suck ass like my other themes did so I wanted everyone's opinion on how things are going to ensure we're all happy. It takes hours of work to make everything work and I do this sh*t for free but if you guys are going to talk this kind of crap and start lecturing me then I won't do anything for you guys anymore and demote myself to make all of you happy.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]