Official Driver Madness announcements will be posted here.
By VAIMAHDO
Skylabh wrote:Anyway, the game has a lot of UV mapping issues.
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:By the way... What file contains the hand textures for Take A Ride mode characters? And just character textures for Take A Ride :?
Miami: mission77.dam
Nice: mission80.dam
Istanbul: mission83.dam
Thanks man. Also, last night I stayed up all night until 3AM doing this:

Post edited by Skylabh.
Reason: pictures no longer available.

I did so much more, including further updating my little car. I can't show most of the other stuff because it's not showing up in DRIV3R for some reason. Edit: If you didn't know, which, you should because this game is about to turn 10 years old, but the characters are ORIGIONAL D3 MISSION textures. All I did was add gloves.
Last edited by VAIMAHDO on Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
By Klancnik777
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
anyway i already prepared new tanner's model when importer comes out!

here it is:

Image thumbnail
^ thumbail

so once model importer is gonna be released this is what am i gonna import into the game :D

edit: Nice work on the panda skylabh!
By VAIMAHDO
Klancnik777 wrote:anyway i already prepared new tanner's model when importer comes out!

here it is:

Image thumbnail
^ thumbail

so once model importer is gonna be released this is what am i gonna import into the game :D
Looks awesome! Now tanner can be more of a bada$#! I should recreate tanner's original suit for DRIV3R! Eventually, we could make a DRIV3R beta recantation!

As you can easily see, the semi used to be higher off the ground, it's textures were slightly different, and the color is better. Not to mention dirtier which reminds me of the beta Diplomat and Eldorado. And my personal favorite:

Post edited by Skylabh.

Maybe we can recreate this beauty and put it where it belongs. :D One guess why it was cut from the game is it looks far more dense then most DRIV3R vehicles. Overall, DRIV3R beta looked much better then the final product, the textures were slightly larger and had better designs.
By Skylabh
Klancnik777 wrote:anyway i already prepared new tanner's model when importer comes out!

here it is:

Image thumbnail
^ thumbail

edit: Nice work on the panda skylabh!
Thanks, nice work too :)

So here is my versions of Tanner in black suit, made in 2013:

Gta body on the left, Vauban's jacket on the right.
Last edited by Skylabh on Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Skylabh
Klancnik777 wrote:noice
Thanks.
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:And my personal favorite: Maybe we can recreate this beauty and put it where it belongs. :D One guess why it was cut from the game is it looks far more dense then most DRIV3R vehicles. Overall, DRIV3R beta looked much better then the final product, the textures were slightly larger and had better designs.
About this one, i started this model a while ago but not finished at this day.

Image thumbnail
Last edited by Skylabh on Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By VAIMAHDO
Skylabh wrote:
Klancnik777 wrote:noice
Thanks.
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:And my personal favorite:

Post edited by Skylabh.
Reason: picture no longer available.

Maybe we can recreate this beauty and put it where it belongs. :D One guess why it was cut from the game is it looks far more dense then most DRIV3R vehicles. Overall, DRIV3R beta looked much better then the final product, the textures were slightly larger and had better designs.
About this one, i started this model a while ago but not finished at this day.

Image thumbnail
Dam Skylabh! it looks just like it so far! Only difference is yours isn't triangle biased. I love it! :D
By VAIMAHDO
Skylabh wrote:Probably i will do a new model .
Send this model to me as an OBJ and I'll finish it. :) Allright, I gotta get back to working on my dad's present. xD
By Fireboyd78
Hey guys, I don't know if characters will be supported...the OBJ format doesn't support the special kind of vertices that the character models use. They basically use something called "Indexed Blend Weights" which even I don't fully understand yet. From my minimal amounts of testing with them, however, I've had pretty bizarre things happen...I remember when I first tried re-exporting Tanner's model, he was basically a T-pose model that flopped around, LOL. I wish I had some pictures of it, but it's not so funny when you consider that it's preventing us from importing new character models :(

I think what I'll do is get the OBJ importer up and running, then sit down with the COLLADA format and have a nice long talk with it. See if I can't get it to cooperate with me and not be such a pain in the ass..LOL. Worst case scenario, I'll make a MaxScript importer/exporter (but I only have 2014 so that might be an issue).
By Fireboyd78
I managed to hack this together:

Now that I have a basic understand of the OBJ format, it's time to start thinking of ways to transfer all of this data to a ModelPackage. Which probably means I'll be working on XML stuff.

It was nice knowing you guys, see you all next year! Haha :P
By VAIMAHDO
CarLuver69 wrote:I managed to hack this together:

Now that I have a basic understand of the OBJ format, it's time to start thinking of ways to transfer all of this data to a ModelPackage. Which probably means I'll be working on XML stuff.

It was nice knowing you guys, see you all next year! Haha :P
Dam such fast progress. See you in a year... It will take that long? xD
By Skylabh
max.thunder wrote:Amazing work Skylabh!
Thanks.
CarLuver69 wrote:It was nice knowing you guys, see you all next year! Haha :P
One year ? Wow !
By VAIMAHDO
So I spent over 4 hours working on this:

It's my first serious mod, it actually came out better then I thought on first try! It's difficult to perfectly match a custom texture to an original one, especially the really weird way DRIV3R has it's set up for characters. First off, the bikini top is to dam low and too wide, the pants are too low and look like broken ice lol, and the hair is displaced. Not to mention the already invisible shoes, and lines on the pants.

Post edited by Skylabh.
By VAIMAHDO
Yes I know that I can do more then this with Antilli. I just started editing full characters. As far as skimpy clothing goes, I did mention that it's a broken texture and that's the first character I edited so how do I keep doing it if I just did it for the first time? I'm going to eventually give DRIV3R a fall season theme. Update: I just gave tanner a tie lol. Can someone tell me why he turns glossy when you change his texture?

Post edited by Skylabh.
Reason: picture no longer available.
By Skylabh
So i made a try with this logo and a Driv3r font :mrgreen:

DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:Update: I just gave tanner a tie lol. Can someone tell me why he turns glossy when you change his texture?
Specular map or something like that maybe ?
By Klancnik777
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
madness wrote:
bb_42001 wrote:Dark why do you keep trying to make girls in skimpy clothing?
Wouldn't every teenage guy :) :mrgreen:
o hai madness!
By VAIMAHDO
madness wrote:
bb_42001 wrote:Dark why do you keep trying to make girls in skimpy clothing?
Wouldn't every teenage guy :) :mrgreen:
How's It going? :)
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]