Official Driver Madness announcements will be posted here.
By VAIMAHDO
CarLuver69 wrote:
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:I edit a DRIV3R texture with MS Paint, then convert it to DDS
Renaming a file is not converting it. :P

You need to save DDS textures as either DXT1/DXT3/DXT5 and keep the size as a power of 2. Here are some examples:

- 64 x 64
- 64 x 128
- 128 x 256
- 256 X 256
- etc..

The supported sizes are 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024 and 2048. And for the love of god, please don't use MS Paint to make texture mods!
I'm not renaming it lol, I used an actual converter, BUT, I see the problem. The texture size is slightly off. And about MS Paint, I know what I'm doing. :wink: when I get this working myself, you will all see :)
By Skylabh
CarLuver69 wrote:
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:I edit a DRIV3R texture with MS Paint, then convert it to DDS

You need to save DDS textures as either DXT1/DXT3/DXT5 and keep the size as a power of 2. Here are some examples:

- 64 x 64
- 64 x 128
- 128 x 256
- 256 X 256
- etc..

The supported sizes are 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024 and 2048. And for the love of god, please don't use MS Paint to make texture mods!
Well in brief i said the same thing earlier but i don't know if he saw my post .
By VAIMAHDO
Skylabh wrote:
CarLuver69 wrote:

- 64 x 64
- 64 x 128
- 128 x 256
- 256 X 256
- etc..

Well in brief i said the same thing earlier but i don't know if he saw my post .
Yeah I just read it, I did miss it sorry xD
By VAIMAHDO
Ladies and... Well, seems like just dudes right now, anyway... I present to you... My first car! Yes, I used MS paint for this! :mrgreen:

Post edited by Skylabh.
Reason: pictures no longer available.
By VAIMAHDO
Of course, I do have a "borrowed" version of Photoshop. With photoshop I made this... Dam.. the gloves tops it off! :wink:

Post edited by Skylabh.
Reason: pictures no longer available.
Last edited by VAIMAHDO on Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
By VAIMAHDO
bb_42001 wrote:Hey just remember guys to upload your textures to the downloads database!
Yeah! That little car mod I've made I want to further modify it, then release it as an awesome little car with damage textures :D
wat are u talking about MS paint is the best!
I agree, you CAN do photoshop like things too, but it's far more technical, because you edit each pixel one at a time for a bloom effect. Anyway, you can do anything in Paint, just more technical to do complex things.
By Fab2cent
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
HOLY sh*t the amount of progress made in 2-3 days!!! this is insane
By Fireboyd78
Have you guys ever noticed how "broken" Driv3r feels? Well, one of the reasons I started working on tools such as Antilli was to create a community patch that aims to "finish" Driv3r.

I decided to take a break today and start fixing up one of the cars in Driv3r. The car I chose was the Hunter 313T in Miami.

Using some PS2 textures I had laying around (from testing, long long ago), I rebuilt the 2 main textures (as well as their alpha channels). The bulk of the work was making jagged edges look smooth, so a lot of "smudge tool" was involved. Since I haven't been in "Graphic Design" mode for quite awhile, I ended up spending all day on this project. Not really what I wanted to do, but once I started going, I couldn't stop :P

Here's the result!

Image thumbnail Image thumbnail

The pictures were a bit dark, so I tweaked around with the exposure. I wish Driv3r looked like that! (*cough*someone should modify the moods*cough*)

And yes, I used a replay to take these screenshots. If anyone's interested, you can open any replay and change the time of day/weather with a hex editor - see below.

Time of Day -

Address: 0x3A
Values:
00 - Dawn
01 - Day
02 - Dusk
03 - Night

Weather -

Address: 0x38
Values:
00 - Dry
01 - Overcast
02 - Rain

Too bad you can't spawn in a custom place and switch cars whenever you want for a special "pose"...oh well. I just got lucky this red Ferrari spawned in the perfect spot :D

I'll release this when I get batch-importing implemented...stay tuned for more on that :wink:
By VAIMAHDO
Incredible! DRIV3R is more stable on the PS2, as far as the PC version goes, did they rush their port to PC because things like this was redicilious:
Image thumbnail

The only thing that ever bothered me about DRIV3R is that the PC version is like this:
Image thumbnail

Mod edit: Removed duplicate picture, changed images into thumbnails, fixed bad formatting. ~CL
By Fireboyd78
Olanov wrote:Sweet. Nice job Mark.

Now to fix the game!
Yeah, get to work Olly! :mrgreen:
By VAIMAHDO
By the way... What file contains the hand textures for Take A Ride mode characters? And just character textures for Take A Ride :?
By Skylabh
Anyway, the game has a lot of UV mapping issues.
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:By the way... What file contains the hand textures for Take A Ride mode characters? And just character textures for Take A Ride :?
Miami: mission77.dam
Nice: mission80.dam
Istanbul: mission83.dam
By Fireboyd78
Actually, the game has less-of UV mapping issues and more-of corrupted texture issues caused by a sh*tty converter. You know the van in miami?

That should explain what I mean by "corrupted".
By Fireboyd78
We need to get a list together of what needs to be fixed so that we can get some major bugs knocked off quicker!
By VAIMAHDO
CarLuver69 wrote:Actually, the game has less-of UV mapping issues and more-of corrupted texture issues caused by a sh*tty converter. You know the van in miami?

That should explain what I mean by "corrupted".
Wow, I bet Reflections were sad to be forced to have that...
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]