By madness
Driver: 5 looks like it's heading up to PS3 Consoles. It looks like there has been no word for a XBOX360 release, but only time will tell :D .

Part related to DRIVER are in bold text.

TGS 2005: Full Japanese PlayStation 3 lineup revealed
Playable games a no-show at event, but Sony reveals rock-solid third-party support with 102 games and 71 publishers.

By GameSpot @ http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09/16 ... 33515.html
Posted Sep 16, 2005 1:39 pm PT

TOKYO--One of the biggest, and most unfortunate, surprises at the Tokyo Game Show 2005 so far has been the absence of any playable PlayStation 3 games. However, that didn't totally deflate the spirits of those present, as Sony Computer Entertainment released its full lineup of Japanese PS3 games at the show. The list revealed a massive amount of third-party support for the console, which is sure to heat up the next-generation console war with Microsoft's Xbox 360. Sony currently has 102 games scheduled or already in development for the PS3, with 71 publishers on board its next-gen bandwagon.

One thing striking, if not terribly surprising, about the PS3 lineup is the massive amount of sequels it contains. As previously reported, Atari is releasing a follow-up to Alone in the Dark, was well as new installments in its Stuntman and Driver series. Ubisoft is releasing a third installment of Brothers in Arms on the PS3. SNK Playmore has already announced King of Fighters Maximum Impact 3, even though the second installment for the PS2 won't be coming out until the middle of next year. Wrestling game developer Yuke's also revealed it had an unidentified game in the works, raising the possibility of the first next-gen SmackDown! game or that the Xbox 360 Rumble Roses will be multiplatform.

Konami already announced Metal Gear Solid 4 at E3, and now it's revealed a new Gradius game is in development. The company is also making a soccer game, most likely the first next-gen Winning Eleven. Namco also has a good lineup scheduled for the PS3, with unnamed fighting, shooting, sports, and role-playing games in the works. While it's almost certain that the "fighting game" is the already announced sixth Tekken, which was shown at E3, the RPG's title remains a mystery--a next-gen Tales perhaps?

As for new games, Koei revealed it is working on two original properties for the PS3: an action game called Blade Storm: Hundred Years War, the latest brawler from Dynasty Warriors series developer Omega Force, and a racing game ominously titled Fatal Inertia. It had previously announced its Akira Kurosawa-inspired action game Ni-Oh at E3 in May. D3 is publishing Digital Extremes' Dark Sector, one of the first games announced for next-gen consoles. Genki is making a new release for a "racing game series" and a "Japanese sword fighting game series," which are probably new iterations of Tokyo Xtreme Racer and Kengo.

Surprisingly, not many companies announced games for both the PS3 and the Xbox 360 at the Tokyo Game Show. Capcom reconfirmed that Resident Evil 5 (called BioHazard 5 in Japan) will come out for the PS3 and Xbox 360, and From Software revealed its newly announced game, Armored Core 4, is in development for both platforms.

While it's generally said developing for next-generation consoles will be tough on small publishers, today's PS3 list had a fair amount of budget game makers on the list. The small publisher named Magnolia will be releasing its affordable "Value 2000" series once again on the PS3, which, as the name suggests, sells at the low price of 2000 yen ($18) plus tax.

Also of note in the PS3 lineup is Arc System Works' unnamed "fighting game tool," a mysterious-sounding project from the company well-known for its Guilty Gear X series. Interestingly, Hudson is bringing its Rengoku series from the PSP to the PS3--the first time a series that debuted on Sony's handheld is making its way to a console.

PLAYSTATION 3 GAMES (JAPAN): (Sorted by title and genre)
Acquire
New historical action game, action adventure

Arc System Works
BB (tentative name), next-generation fighting game tool

Artdink
Bipedal Movement Simulation, Simulation
Aquanote no Kyujitsu: Inner Mind Adventure, Inner Mind adventure

Astroll
Seikan (tentative name), survival

Atari
Alone in the Dark sequel, action adventure
Stuntman (working title), driving action
Driver 5 (working title), driving action

Athena
Pro Mahjong Final (tentative name), mahjong

Atlus
Shin Megami Tensei series, RPG

Bandai
Anime related project, TBA
Mobile Suit Gundam (tentative name), action
Unnamed robot action game, action

Banpresto
Super Robot series, TBA

Capcom
action game, action
Devil May Cry 4, stylish action
Biohazard 5, survival horror

Cavia
Unnamed action RPG, action RPG

CyberFront
simulation game A, growth simulation
simulation game B, management simulation
puzzle game, puzzle action

Success
RPG, RPG

Success
Hitsuji Mura (tentative name), simulation

D3 Publisher
Dark Sector, shooting action
Fighting action game, fighting action

Datam Polystar
Unnamed adventure game, adventure

Digital Gain
Naxat Plan (tentative name), adventure

Dorasu
Slotter Mania series, Pachinko

Eidos
Unnamed action game, action

Electronic Arts
Fight Night (tentative name), sports

Enterbrain
Derby Stallion (tentative name), breeding

Entertainment Software Publishing

Ertain
TBA, action

From Software
Armored Core 4, 3D mech action
Dark RPG (tentative name), RPG
Black Blade (tentative name), action

Genki
Japanese sword fighting series, action
Racing game series, racing game

Global A. Entertainment
Comical history action, action
Comical history stimulation, simulation

GoodNavigate
Mystery adventure game, adventure

Gust
Unnamed role playing game, RPG

Hackberry
Pachinko Jikki simulation series, Pachinko

Hamster
Management simulation, simulation

Hudson
Unnamed RPG, RPG
Bomberman, action
Rengoku: The End of the Century, sci-fi action RPG

Idea Factory
Shin Ten Makai VI (tentative name), Simulation RPG

Interchannel
Unnamed love adventure game, adventure

Irem Software Engineering
Action-adventure game, action adventure

Koei
Blade Storm: Hundred Years War, action
Fatal Inertia, racing
Ni-Oh, action
Mahjong Taikai (tentative name), table

Konami
Gradius series, shooting
Unnamed soccer game, soccer
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball series, sports
Unnamed role playing game, RPG
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, tactical espionage action

MTO
ActiveDogs (tentative name), action sports

Magnolia
Value 2000 Igo, table
Value 2000 Shougi, table
Saikyou Ginsei Shougi 7, table
Saikyou Ginsei Igo 7, table

Mainichi Communications
Shougi World Champion Gekisashi (tentative name), table

Marionette
War simulation game, simulation

Marvelous Interactive

Mediaworks
Unnamed adventure game, adventure

Michaelsoft
Project D, RPG

Namco
Unnamed RPG, RPG
Unnamed fighting game, fighting
Unnamed shooting game, shooting
Unnamed sports game, sports

Nippon-ichi Software
Makai Wars (tentative name), RPG

Now Production

Ongakukan
Train Simulator Online (tentative name), train simulation

SNK Playmore
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact 3 (tentative name), 3D fighting

Sega
Fifth Phantom Saga, action shooting
Sonic the Hedgehog, action

Sony Computer Entertainment
Angel Rings (tentative name), RPG
Gran Turismo series, TBA
Genji 2 (tentative name), action
The Eye of Judgment (tentative name), TBA
Minna no Golf 5 (tentative name), sports
Monster Carnival (tentative name), action RPG

Spike
Way of the Samurai 3 (tentative name), action adventure

Square Enix
Final Fantasy series, TBA

Sun Denshi
Unnamed simulation game, simulation

Sunrise Interactive
Sunrise Eiyuutan series, 3D simulation RPG
Shinseiki GPX Cyber Formula series, 3D racing

Taito
Extreme (tentative name), action
Project Psychic (tentative name), action

Takuyo Kyougyou
AKARI Project (tentative name), simulation
MASTER Project (tentative name), action RPG

Tecmo
Action game, action
Action-adventure game, action

Ubisoft
Assassin (working title), action adventure
Brothers in Arms 3 (tentative name), FPS

Warashi
Mahjong Oh, Mahjong

Yamasa Entertainment
Yamasa Digi World DX (tentative name), Pachinko

Yuke's
Pro wrestling game, pro wrestling

JAPANESE PLAYSTATION 3 PUBLISHERS
Acquire
Arc System Works
Art Dink
Asmik-ace Entertainment
Astroll
Atari Japan
Athena
Atlus
Bandai
Banpresto
Capcom
Cavia
Chunsoft
CyberFront
D3 Publisher
Daitogiken
Datam Polystar
Digital Gain
Dorasu
Eidos
Electronic Arts
Enterbrain
Entertainment Software Publishing
Ertain
Fog
From Software
Genki
Global A. Entertainment
GoodNavigate
Gust
Hackberry
Hamster
Hudson
Idea Factory
Interchannel
Irem Software Engineering
Jaleco
Kadokawa Shoten
Kids Station
Koei
Konami
MTO
Magnolia
Mainichi Communications
Marionette
Marvelous Interactive
Mediaworks
Michaelsoft
Namco
Nippon-ichi Software
Now Production
Oaks
Ongakukan
SNK Playmore
Sammy
Sega
Shoeisha
Sony Computer Entertainment
Spike
Square Enix
Success
Sun Denshi
Sunrise Interactive
Taito
Takuyo Kyougyou
Tecmo
Ubisoft
Warashi
Yamasa Entertainment
Yukes
Yuki Enterprise
Last edited by madness on Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Guest
Come on make it to 360!!!!
By madness
Well See,
I guess it really depends on the SPACE there gonna need, if they need more than 10gig there gonna have a problem porting it to XBOX360, unless they make a 2 disk set for the XBOX360 version.
By Mukiny
Registration Days
I hate the bobox 360.

Driverf 4 will be come out on ps3. But there will be a 60gig ps3, so maybe REFLECTIONS will create an limited edition with more extras for the 60gig ps3.
By madness
Well the disk compacity is 56gig which is the dual-layer version of blu-ray. The Hard Disk Compacity is different as they have 2 version but the HDD space doen't really matter as much.
By Coyote
oh… so they are two Driver 4 versions ?
By madness
The PS3 has both
40gig and
60gig HDD Space Versions.
By Coyote
I know, but will Reflections create two Driver 4 editions ? One fo the 40gig ps3 & one for the 60gig ps3 ?
By madness
no HDD Space doesn't effect the game. Only the saveable content.
By nitrored
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
so what about the ps2 :?: :cry: :o :roll:
By nitrored
i guess im fine with pc
By madness
The next driver may not use BlueRay disks but it's a possibility, and xbox360 is coming with the option of a HD-DVD expansion so then Reflections can make a HD version or maybe you can just use 5 disks to install it on the XBOX360s HDD or something.

Anyways I just hope they make a PC version, I'm upgrading my PC with some pretty good specs soon so hopefully I'll be able to purchase the PC version also without the extra years wait for a conversion. But I'm pretty sure UBISOFT will make sure the PC version is early :D
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
yea, i hate it when you have to wait for games to be ported to pc, as they often get outdated by the time they have been (think parallel lines)
By madness
same issue with "DRIV3R"
I hated waiting, and I also waited for "Driver: 2" but it never happened so I got a PS2 for Driver 2 after I had purchased the PC Version of DRIV3R since I knew that there defaintly not porting it. It's weird they made a second edition of Driver 2 but never made a PC Version after Driver being as popular as it was.

Anyways, In the developer chat they said there was defaintly not going to be a PC Version, and they were correct so I got myself the XBOX version since it was the best quality you could get at the time and then UBISOFT took over and there now creating a PC version.

I'd say to everyone out there if anyone is angry at Reflections for lieing, well don't be angry because they had no idea, only once UBISOFT aquired the Driver: Parallel Lines on the 1st January 2007.

Anyways it's good to see a PC Version, and to thought I was going to start to trying to port it all myself, good thing I never thought of starting if it was possible at all.
By Daltarin-Elite
well you could always go on illegal programs like morpheus or grockster or limewire or kazaa. and downlaod a PS3 emulator that will allow you to play PS3 games on your PC. but don't even ask how illegal that is.

VERY
By nitrored
Daltarin-Elite wrote:well you could always go on illegal programs like morpheus or grockster or limewire or kazaa. and downlaod a PS3 emulator that will allow you to play PS3 games on your PC. but don't even ask how illegal that is.

VERY
oooo good idea :D
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
Skeleton wrote:i wish it would come at pc too.
It will, Ubisoft is a pretty big company and they usually look to get their games on as many platforms as they can so you can expect that next-gen Driver will be on PC 6-9 months after the console version. Basically, at some point in 2009.
DPLkicksASS wrote:oooo good idea
I gotta disagree with you on that one man, screw emulators.
Last edited by Moonchild on Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Coyote
I hope they'll call the game Driver 4…
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I really hope thats its driver 4 if it involves tanner, and if it doesnt involve tanner, then it doesnt have any number after it.

I know ive said this a lot.... but it better be on pc!
By madness
At the moment I cannot afford a console and do not plan to buy one. I plan to stick with my pc and hope to never buy a console as I'll just get the pc version.

Driver: Parallel Lines forced me to get an xbox when I only had a pc.
and one thing I never want to do is have to wait an extra few months for the pc version I'd prefer it to be created on the ps3 and x360 while being created on the pc to avoid the annoying wait.

But if it comes to console first I may be forced to buy one, but I don't know where I'd get the money from in that case I hope Reflections Interactive take their time with their next title and make sure it turns out to be what everyone expected for driv3r to win all the fans back and to allow me time to find some money for the console. :P
By TannerDRiVER
Registration Days Posts
I think, that Atari would not began to release Driver 5 on PC. They with huge work have released Driv3r on PC and were not going to make PC-version of DPL at all. But I am assured, that Ubisoft will release a new Driver on all platforms. If they later one and a half year have released DPL on computer will let release also the fifth Driver.
By Coyote
You just sad "fifth Driver", this is okay, but you can't say "Driver 5"… Maybe it'll be Driver 4.

I don't know what happenned with my PS2, but most of the games (excluding DPL and D3R) don't work anyomore, the PS2 can't read them. And the games are NEW. If my PS2 is wrecked, that would mean that I get a PS3, and so I will not to care about, if they release it for PS3 or not, I'm sure they'll release the Fifth Driver for PS3…
By madness
I think it's impossible to emulate a ps3 in a pc environment.
For starters the ps2 is 800mhz and to play a ps2 game on a pc it requires something around 3Ghz just to get the game running at 6fps.

and first we would need a blu-ray drive and they cost thousands at the moment.

and I certainly hope it comes to pc the day it comes to ps3 and xbox360. So I don't have to wait until I can buy a next-gen console!
By madness
at the moment I have a 3Ghz dual core. So that's basically two 3Ghz processors and I can assign to different applications a processor or let the same application use both.

However this won't help the emulator mainly because it's got so much to emulate sure the ps3 is 3Ghz and not a dualcore however what about everything else and secondly someone has to make an emulator which hasn't even been done for the psp or the xbox and have you tried a gba emulator you at least need a 2Ghz pc just to run a 2d game on your pc.

Emulators aren't the way to go!
By Daltarin-Elite
well i have gameboy emulators cause yes i still play pokemon. but no they don't rally compare to the real thing. I think it should be on all platforms and have a multiplayer mode where people on every platform can play each other at once.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]