By madness
bb_42001 wrote:i think the game looks to un realistic!
Well it is designed for kids, I belieave there not as interested in realistic things. :o
By Miller
Not like it really matters, but I find myself saying to myself year after year that I wish these game-making people would just relax a bit when it comes to graphics quality, and spend a little more of the resources demanded by a game on the gameplay. What I mean is that I can handle fake-looking environments, and I would gladly play among fake-looking stuff if it meant I could have more things going on, like more AI actors and more environmental interactivity. I would rather see a fake-looking car being torn apart in a crash than some photo-realistic vehicle that does not have very much in the way of damage that occurs to it. I used to play this game that looked really crappy compared to what other games had to offer, but in those other games the cars simply bounced off of whatever they collided with, while this other crappy-looking game had cars that would get smashed up and catch on fire and stuff. People would say that game looks like crap, and I would say,
Last edited by Miller on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
By madness
Miller wrote: I wish these game-making people would just relax a bit when it comes to graphics quality, and spend a little more of the resources demanded by a game on the gameplay.
I personally prefer games with better graphics, maybe this is because I don't really spend much time gaming and for the small amount of time I do play the game I'd prefer to be visually stunned.

I believe there is a reason why developers focus on graphics equally to gameplay. To understand why we have to properly understand the hardware the game is played on.

A console consists of a Processor (CPU & GPU), Ram (Standard & Video).
These components affect the performance of the system.

Graphics is rendered in realtime via the consoles graphics card in other terms GPU and Video Ram.

Most non-visual gameplay elements are executed via the consoles CPU processor.

Thefor game developers need to make use of both areas, graphics (GPU) and gameplay (CPU).

Now of course, gameplay isn't completly cpu orientated. It really depends what happening in the game. Lets say you consider gameplay having lots of different vehicles on the map, this would require a faster graphics processor (GPU) while using CPU to AI control them.

But if you wanted to have a mission where the player could drive a much more realistic vehicle many more actions would be executed therfor a better CPU would be required.

I haven't explained this in very much detail, but I hope you get what I mean. Developers don't have a choice all the time. However they can focus on getting the gameplay right and then work on the graphics provided they have the resources avaliable on the console.
By bb_42001
ifind old games with bad graphics are sometime just as good as a game with good graphics, it depends on the story line

bb42001

Noodles

By Miller
I guess those photo realistic cars are definitely important to people who are playing a driving game, especially when the cars are licensed (or whatever you call it when they have real-world counterparts). People want to see those cars look the way they do on the street, all shiny and detailed. Sounds pretty understandable. Cartoonish-looking cars may not have gone over too well in a game like NFS: Porsche Unleashed, I guess.

And I guess the whole thing really is not an issue anymore, since now days things look so excellent and the gameplay is thoroughly interactive.

By the way, boss, thank you for the explaining my misconception that the one game element would necessarily have a significant impact on the other (graphics and gameplay or whatever). And, yeah, being visually stunned is always cool. They don
By bb_42001
i personally think its all of what you said miller

the screen and grapics and everything suck

bb42001

Noodles

By Nikusakken
What do you guys expect from a Wii game? :lol:

Wii is only good to play Mario and games that heavily use the Wii controller (e.g No More Heroes)
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]