A Reflections Interactive developer sheds a very small light on the driver game currently being developed.
James Frumpleberg wrote:The game will take place in a city on planet Earth. The game will be released in disc form. There will be cars that you can drive, among other vehicles. You will control a character. The city will have buildings and roads
Something we probably already knew but at least there is that form of communications between the community and at least one of it's developers. Unfortunately we believe James is unable to tell us much more about the upcoming driver series until an official media release.

We don't have any living proof that this is a real employee of Reflections Interactive but we have enough faith to trust that he is telling the truth.

So who is James Frumpleberg. James Frumpleberg is a new addition to the Reflections staff since the last game, Who was hired last September, but didn't work on 76.

And a simple question he leaves us all with
Well if I answered these questions what would be the fun in waiting?
Last edited by madness on Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By JAY
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Irony?^^

I don't know, but I don't believe this guy works for Reflections. He would be the first one who is posting on the official forums. Could be, but I have my doubts about that.
By Coyote
Where do you have that from ? Anyone can say that, give us a link or something, show us where you found this. I could do the exactly same thing to you:

Hello, today Gareth Edmondson mailed me and told me some interesting things about Driver 4.
Gareth Edmondson wrote:Hello Coyote, Driver 4 will come out on 7th September 2008, the game includes licensed cars, the city of Detroit, and you play Tanner. The games takes place in 2008 […].
As you see it isn't that difficult ;).
By Coyote
Yeh a member from drivermadness ( Moonchild ) told me that madness found it there, but thanks.

These shitheads at ubi forums really believe everything that guy says. I'm gonna register with the username Gareth Edmondson there and do the same thing :lol:
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I'm gonna register with the username Gareth Edmondson there and do the same thing
Good luck with that, it's like the fake accounts on Myspace and bebo, no one will beleive you are gareth edmondson, because he wouldn't be a friendly guy next door member on the forums, he will be a hidden member if he is their at all, and then when he sees you using his name, he'll delete your arse! And wont send you a fruit basket for xmas.

I beleive that guy would be ubisofts new PR man or something of the like.
By madness
Well Reflections aren't that bad within the community. Remember the days of the developer chats just before the release Driver: Parallel Lines. I really think they should do that in the first stages of development. Not only for an upcoming game.

I don't really want to talk to reflections about a game they've almost released. I want to give them developmental ideas and hear what they think of the overall ideas and watch them discuss if it's acceptable for their next title.

I've started going through the manual of Driver 3 and Driver: Parallel Lines searching for developers and I've found a few interesting things about them all. As I've said multiple times I'm going to make a profile on each and everyone I've found information on and include it on the Driver Wiki.

Could be a good idea to speak with a forum moderator or administrator to approve if there a valid person.

I did some background research on the name on that guys first post and found some interesting information about him. He posted in a valid newcastle time-frame. But I could find him in the phonebook, the name seems like a fake but could be real. So it's a fifty, fifty thing weather his real or not.

Anyways, what we know is good news!
And as I said on the Ubisoft Forums
my post regarding this issue on Ubisoft Forums wrote:Just have a little faith!

-------------------------------

I'm pretty sure you haven't checked this guys IP Address, as you don't have access to checking it. We could ask a Administrator or Moderator to mention if the IP address is similar to one geo-located near the UK, Newcastle area.

OI have some evidence this guy lives in newcastle as all his posts seems to be posted in daytime London Time which is GMT0 so just take your GMT onset or offset away and there you have your time in Newcastle.

I did do a search in the Newcastle Phonebook and didn't find any Frumplebergs, I'm not sure how phonebook listings work in newcastle I cannot use this a s physical evidence. Well not in the court of law anyways.

I think one question should cover this up! and Mr. Frumpleberg if you can answer this one successfully I'll believe you!

What position do you hold at Reflections Interactive and what are you daily duties?

and if you go past Gareth Edmdonson ask him if he was ever a skipper, and what team was he apart of Team -- something (something is something that I'm not going to say how many letters it had, because that could give it away).

I know the answer and Gareth knows the answer, not sure how many other people knows the answer.

As someone else also mentioned some photos of around Reflections Interactive would be very awesome.

We don't really feel like getting fooled here; just like that fake driver 3 modding project someone pulled, tricking everyone into thinking this was a real modding project, people where hyped up about in over 1000posts and the project was a fake, a joke.

We all want it to be Reflections Interactive and we all have the faith that it is him. If it isn't him or if it isn't we are happy and excited to know at least we are talking to someone who we think is a Reflections Interactive employee!
By Sedans
Coyote wrote: Hello, today Gareth Edmondson mailed me and told me some interesting things about Driver 4.
Gareth Edmondson wrote:Hello Coyote, Driver 4 will come out on 7th September 2008, the game includes licensed cars, the city of Detroit, and you play Tanner. The games takes place in 2008 […].
LOL. You wish =)
By Nikusakken
I just hope that Tanner return.(Who doesn't want it ? ;))
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Nick Brasil wrote:I just hope that Tanner return.(Who doesn't want it ? ;))
I think there was one person once... the infamous driv3r_dood or whatever his name was. But his opinion doesn't count.

Welcome to the forums!! :D
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I just hope that Tanner return.(Who doesn't want it ? )
Welcome to the forum.

As Lseven7 mentioned, driv3r_dood was a complete cock, and he joined the forums just to complain about Tanner... seriously... what a wanker... Anyway, i think most people want Tanner to return, but we also would like to see the next version of Parallel lines. If they could split the franchise, and alternate each game between Tanner and TK, or even bring both games out at the same time by empolying more people, I'm sure that would be a great Xmas wish if Ubisoft were to anounce this in four days.
By Coyote
Welcome !

I see you're from Rio ! Must be cool to live in a Driver 2 city :P.
By Nikusakken
Thank you guys. I knew this site by the Wikipedia in June but only now I decided to register.
Anyway I love this site and I think that it will be very cool.
Thank you again.
By Sedans
Welcome man, 2 the community..

yeah driver_boob was a real crack whore, me and him used to fight everytime he logged in...
By Sedans
^^ LOL
By Coyote
hey wait - spammers can post again ? :O o.O
By Nikusakken
I think that he just created a account to spam... What a wast of time roybaronoo !
By Sedans
Yeah, but what the hell kinda spam is that anyways? No links...weird.. o.O
By Coyote
That's just his first post dude, in a week or two he'll post a post full of links and pictures …

Anyways, let's come back to topic.

I talked to the guys at Ubi forums and told them I have checked his IP and that he's NOT someone from Reflections ( remember that they are only shitheads there and that they don't have any idea what's an IP address or how it works … ) but them madness came and said that I can't check his IP :D Damn ! Why did you do that ? :P
By madness
Anyways, I decided to change it a bit. Because all along I never really did believe this guy, because his name doesn't even exist in the UK.

But I do have faith in a developer coming there sometime.

So I changed this
We don't have any living proof that this is a real employee of Reflections Interactive but we do trust that he is telling the truth.
to this...
We don't have any living proof that this is a real employee of Reflections Interactive but we have enough faith to trust that he is telling the truth.
Makes more sense, that way :)
By Sedans
WTF
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]