Ubisoft Reflections has confirmed that there working on a new project, they never said it was for the driver series however we all know it's for the driver series, what else would they be working on!

Anyways we can confirm that the game will defiantly be coming on XBOX360 and PS3. Sure it was obviously ever since the PS3 was announced in the tokyo upcoming games list. So here is my evidence.

Ubisoft has been looking for a new concept artist and published the following job listing.

Ubisoft Reflections wrote:Ubisoft Reflections, a games developer based in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK, is looking for an experienced and skilled storyboard artist for a short-term contract to work on games being developed for Xbox360 and PlayStation 3. Preference will be given to applicants with a knowledge and understanding of console games.

If you fit the bill and are interested, then send your CV and a portfolio of your work to our HR department.

Please note that the work requires the successful applicant to be based mostly at the studio and we will therefore be unable to accept applications from those wishing to work remotely.

Thanks for your time, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Ubisoft Reflections wrote:This position has been filled - thank you for your applications!
for the record this was published on February 22nd and was resolved on March 7th, 2007. So this could also be a clue telling us when development of the game really started, they found their storyboard artist on the 7th of March 2007. So this makes me assume they would have started development around the start of March and they haven't done much if any development yet.
By Coyote
Oh cool that was the thing we found when we were on msn :P
I just hope it's gonna be Driver 4 otherwise i'll suicide me ...
By Coyote
No it won't. Did you read what madness wrote ?
the game will defiantly be coming on XBOX360 and PS3
By TheGabo92
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
He said "Hope"
By Coyote
Yeh but he said soon like if the games has already been released for PS3 and XBOX.
By madness
The game will come out on pc most likely.
But as moonchild said it is most likely we'll have to wait for a port.
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
It just said it was confirmed for those two platforms which means a PC version will most likely be on the table and under consideration. I dont think that they wouldn't release a PC port eventually
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Especially as they released a PC port for Parallel Lines. That makes it even more likely. I just wish they would release it at the same time as the console games.
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
Nice find with the job posting article. Though, I doubt that development just started. I mean, Reflections could have already been working on the cars or the general layout of the city and a storyboard artist woudn't have much to do with that unless this is more storyboarding the envionments and whatnot. Though, since its only a short-term contract it leads me to believe its more to do with just the frame of the story and not the early architecture of the game world but honestly, who knows.

If they just did start development than well that sucks since that basically equals to a 2009 console release date. I see that the PC port chat is back again, like I said, expect it 6 months afterward. Just guessing here but that could mean that the PC version could be released in late '09 or even early 2010. Yikes!
By Daltarin-Elite
Yeah, but some games have been made in a single year before, they weren't of the best quality but they were still pretty good games. Also as advanced tech becomes second nature the process should speed up and become dramatically quick to make. I'm not suggesting throwing out a driver after a year but i simply say its possible.
By Moonchild
No it's not. All the new next-gen games have development schedules that last 2-4 years. Also, with the new hardware and technology developers are creating new engines and that takes time. Sequels will come out at a faster pace but it'll never be in the 1 year time frame unless its a sports game or a game that has very few new features/innovations.

Look what happened with Driver 2, it only had a 14 month development cycle and because of that it had framerate and pop-up issues.
By Daltarin-Elite
There was nothing wrong with Driver 2. It was better than Driver 1. ANd once all the new engines have been established and start getting recycled again and again, then the deveopment will become quicker. Especially games that coincide with movies, they are usually done in just under or just over a year. They are made quicker than the movie. and a movie is one 100 minutes long. A game is about 15 hours long.
By Moonchild
And that's why movie based games usually aren't very good and movie based games are usually under 10 hours.

You say there's nothing wrong with Driver 2, well let me inform you that you are wrong. Almost all gamers, the media, and even Reflections said the game was rushed and not polished but I will agree that despite the performance issues, it was still better than Driver 1.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]