http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-20 ... san/101593

IGN Martin Edmondson interview
http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/774970/d ... ml?show=hi

16 screenshots
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/5751 ... 27790.html

Hands on Preview
http://www.vg247.com/2010/06/15/hands-o ... francisco/

Random info
vg247 wrote:But there’s another first for the series as well: multiplayer. Split-screen and online multiplayer will be added to the game. Nine modes will be included with the final game, with two to six players bringing in the ranks. Only one mode was tried at Reflections, though, known as Trail Blazer, where players much slip in behind the slipstream of an AI controlled car to get points. First to get 100 points wins the round.

From what was played of Trail Blazer, it was seriously a hell lot of fun. It felt like old-school Driver, and then some.
vg247 wrote:It’s also good timing, then, that Reflections has decided to bring back the director mode for the game: something which has been synonymous with the series since the beginning of the series, but was left out of Parallel Lines.

“Film Director is an integral part, for me, of the whole Hollywood car chase experience” says Edmondson. “It wasn’t in Driver 4, it didn’t feature the Film Director, but we’ve brought it back in an easier to use form in Driver: San Francisco to be able to create your own car chase movies.
vg247 wrote:It still has a long way to go before its release this holiday season, but the first signs are good. Very good, in fact.
g4tv wrote:The difference this time is that, not only are there zero on-foot missions -- it’s all driving, all the time -- the game features a new mechanic that Ubisoft is calling Shift. There is actually a narrative explanation behind Shift, but that’s kind of under wraps right now. All you really need to know at this point though is that Shift lets you “shift” into the bodies of any NPC driver in the game world and control them. If this sounds kind of crazy and more than a little ballsy, that’s because it is, and I definitely to need to see more of it before I decide how I feel about it, but it was by far the most compelling aspect of the demo.
g4tv wrote: The little of the game that I saw ran smoothly, featured some solid vehicle destruction and the chases -- Shift and all -- were as thrilling as one would expect from this style of racing game. Whether or not the game can shake off the cobwebs and distinguish itself among the ever-growing field of racing titles isn’t clear at this point, but it’s taking some bold steps, and that’s reason enough to keep an eye on it.
Last edited by Moonchild on Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Martin's back to Reflections? Awesome! No on foot controls? Awesome! Over 120 licensed vehicles? Awesome! "Shift" mode? Skeptical at first, but after watching Martin's interview... awesome!

I can't wait for it! :D
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
Hells yea man, I was a little harsh early on but the game's winning me over. I'm loving all the positive press the games getting from people who have played the demo. Now if only I could find that on stage demo footage...
Yeah. It was a bit strange at first, but after reading IGN and Destructoid previews, I pretty much "fell in love".

Oh, and shame to what happened on your PS3. Was it one of those disc driver errors that I've heard about?
By Moonchild
Yea me too, one things for sure, the online should be crazy fun with everyone jumping from car to car. I just hope that one of the 9 online modes is survival, I mean Trail Blazer is back so one can hope.
Nikusakken wrote:Oh, and shame to what happened on your PS3. Was it one of those disc driver errors that I've heard about?
Yup, the drive didn't completely die out but the laser pretty much did. I sent it into Sony today, 2-3 weeks to fix apparently. The system had a good run so I'm not mad or anything.
By driver4_
Registration Days Posts Avatar
This might be my favorite Driver game next to Driver 1 and 2. This news makes it sound amazing. Lots of positive stuff and the super power is limited so calm down :)
See ya online this fall! :specialdriver:
Driver® San Francisco - Collector's Edition (only Europe)
Includes:
- A collectable replica of the 1970 Dodge Challenger Hemi R/T Six Pack:
- A map of San Francisco:
- Two exclusive in-game vehicles:
- The "Mass Chase" challenge:
- More features yet to be unveiled:
Cost:
PC: 69,95 €
PS3: 89,95 €
XBOX 360: 89,95 €
Link (spanish)
Although my bad opinions about the game i'll buy it because i want to know how ends the rivalry between Tanner and Jericho, if the Russian cars will not appear in Driver SF, they must continue with a Driver: Moscow.
Remember what said Tanner in Driv3r?
Tanner wrote:"I came to find out who wants the cars, that's what I'm here to do.... to finish this"
By driver4_
The more I play Driver 1 the more I want to play Driver: SF! I can't wait to be back in the car, forgetting about the on-foot bull and just drive on PS3 in Blu-ray quality.
By Moonchild
max.thunder wrote:Driver® San Francisco - Collector's Edition (only Europe)
Includes:
- A collectable replica of the 1970 Dodge Challenger Hemi R/T Six Pack:
- A map of San Francisco:
- Two exclusive in-game vehicles:
- The "Mass Chase" challenge:
- More features yet to be unveiled:
Cost:
PC: 69,95 €
PS3: 89,95 €
XBOX 360: 89,95 €
Link (spanish)
I wonder what the other unveiled features will be, either way I'll definitely import this. There goes a 100 plus Canadian lol
I hope the North American collectors edition has some more traditional things though like a soundtrack or a making of documentary Blu-ray. DLC should be the same I would think.

*edit* I updated the original post with a HD link for the E3 on-stage demo footage
driver4_ wrote:The more I play Driver 1 the more I want to play Driver: SF! I can't wait to be back in the car, forgetting about the on-foot bull and just drive
I know man, cant wait to hit the road and record/edit that first replay!
By Driver of DOOM
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I wanted the collectors edition, especially seeing how expensive the game on its own is going to be! Although maybe it won't be quite as expensive on the web... BTW Film Director FTW!!!

Erm, I think your pi8cture has expired Nick
By Moonchild
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/5751 ... 61510.html

New 11 minute interview with Martin Edmondson. It shows scenes from the E3 on-stage demo as well as new unveiled footage. Check it out!

*Edit* Found more hands on time impressions from E3

http://www.fragland.net/previews/E3-Han ... Lines/201/

Key quotes:
There is a lot of potential in this title and it could really put the Driver series on the right track
this looks like a winner already
Driver of DOOM wrote:Erm, I think your pi8cture has expired Nick
Let's see if it works now:

Oh, the IGN video is nice. I like how the yellow Dodge Challenger is a (obvious) reference to the removed yellow car in Driver 1.
By driver4_
Moonchild wrote:http://www.giantbomb.com/e3-2010-driver ... w/17-2782/

Another Martin Edmondson interview but it's more in depth then most of the other ones. We know now that Reflections has nothing to do with Driver: Renegade for the 3DS.
I wonder what happens when we ram really hard into an innocent car? Will the person inside die? But the game is amazing so far and it's interesting that Shift was unlimited at E3. I can't wait for the interesting storyline and it's really cool that cops will actually chase other people instead of you because in Driver 1,2 and Parallel lines (Driver 3 doesn't count because that was on foot) if someone is shooting you in PL the cops do nothing but stand next to you, if cars crash into each other in Driver 1 or 2 the cops don't notice until you accidentally crash.
By Moonchild
driver4_ wrote:I wonder what happens when we ram really hard into an innocent car? Will the person inside die?
Hard to say, maybe. I would think if you completely smash a car to the point where its inoperable then the original host is probably dead or at least unconscious. Its an interesting question though...
driver4_ wrote:I can't wait for the interesting storyline and it's really cool that cops will actually chase other people instead of you
I know, and the best part is that you can choose to either be the cop or the getaway driver with every chase.

Btw is the pic in your Sig from any of the Siren games?
LOL! The guy of the interview is the same guy that reviewed Driv3r
Score: 5.4 by Gamespot, WTF?. Driv3r was great
By Double Mac
Registration Days
max.thunder wrote:LOL! The guy of the interview is the same guy that reviewed Driv3r. Score: 5.4 by Gamespot, WTF?. Driv3r was great.
Yeah, Gerstmann, that schmuck. (How did Martin manage to confront him without spitting in his face is beyond me. Let’s just hope it happened off-camera.) His review of the PC version (which many people consider to be superior to the console equivalents and which is the one I’m familiar with) got an even lower (3.8) score and the piece itself was basically identical to the previous accounts, merely lazily appended with some platform-specific comments.

The reason I’m so furious with this review is not because it was negative but because I feel it ended up being unfairly misrepresentative of numerous aspects of the game. Here you go:
(…) Thanks to the ill-conceived introduction of a mouse and keyboard into the mix, it [the PC version] manages to be even worse (…).
‘Ill-conceived’, my ass! So the exact same control scheme was also ‘ill-conceived’ in GTA SA, I presume? Funny, as I have absolutely no problems controlling Tanner in D3 with a touchpad / keyboard combo, just as I have no problems using an identical solution with regards to CJ in San Andreas. Don’t get me wrong, most of the character’s animations are indisputably awful (the jumping isn’t just ‘half-hearted’, it’s downright abysmal!) but the controlling method itself definitely increases the game’s playability for me.
(…) The cutscenes are probably the best part about Driver 3.
When you suggest that cutscenes (essentially a superfluous aspect meant to make a given title a tad more attractive) constitute the best part of the game, you automatically imply that the game itself isn’t worth much. And that’s, of course, the point Mr. Gerstmann consequently tries to drive home.
The game's driving portions are better than the on-foot stuff, but not all that much better.
Bullsh*t, and I believe that I don’t have to explain it to anyone around here. The general consensus seems to be that while the on-foot action was undeniably crap, the driving – though sadly slower in this title – felt as exciting and pleasant as it was in the original title.
Even the slightest turn around a corner is a tire-screeching, sliding-out affair.
Yes, what Mr. Gerstmann seems to miss here is that this time around the auto-handbrake function (present in D1 as an option) was applied by default. Hence, everytime you were describing one of those beautifully smooth curves around a corner, you were actually utilizing the handbrake without any action on your part. Truth be told, they might have stuck with the original concept and included that understeering alternative for the benefit of the hardcore enthusiasts.
The problem is that the driving isn't especially fun, as you constantly feel more like you're fighting to stay in control of the car than skillfully outmaneuvering your pursuers.
It’s statements like the one above that make readers think twice about buying the game. You naturally think ‘So… not only did they mess up the on-foot action but the user-friendly handling model – the series’ admirable trademark and one of its main selling points – as well? Screw that, I’m steering clear of DRIV3R!’ Firstly, if Mr. Gerstmann admits to ‘fighting to stay in control of the car’ with an average vehicle speed in the game ranging somewhere between 120-130 km/h, he should probably avoid driving / racing titles altogether, and he should definitely abstain from reviewing them. Secondly, I could accept that observation with regards to sim titles, the FlatOut series, heck, even NFS UG2 (where – depending on the settings you use – it’s not that difficult to spin the car out of control). In D3, however, the car automatically regains its balance after each turn (unless you’re dumb enough to execute a burnout before recovering), making the whole experience a breeze (and simultaneously making you look like a pro during replays). If anything, the driving model (which is practically identical to the one implemented and admired in the original game, if a little more generic perhaps) might be accused of being too user-friendly.
Steering with keys on the keyboard simply isn't refined enough to deal with the game's sloppy car physics, making even the most rudimentary car chase a real chore.
Nonsense. I use a keyboard and the steering feels as smooth as seems humanly possible. Moreover, the ‘sloppy car physics’ term serves as yet another vehicle for a purely mean-spirited, uninformed attack on the game’s driving elements. If you choose to criticize that aspect of D3, you’ll have to go back and bash D1 for the exact same characteristic.
The default control scheme is clearly an exercise in insanity.
This is Gerstmann running out of accusations. What sort of nut uses the default scheme anyway? The first thing I do after installing a game is (apart from adjusting gfx-related settings) customize the control layout. The important thing is that it’s thankfully fully tweakable in D3 – something that ‘Scarface’, for example, doesn’t offer.
In motion, Driver 3 is a flickery mess.
Another irresponsible misrepresentation. Some textures flicker, yes. Of course, it’s deplorable and unwelcome but this unfortunate phenomenon does not render the game unwatchable to the point of unplayability.
Driver 3 is full of the sorts of glitches and problems that final retail products shouldn't have.
Agreed, but… what other game will give me recordable car chases with a cool selection of classic vehicles and 3 distinctive environments (each of them larger than NFS Most Wanted’s map!), mostly representing non-US locations for a change? If you ask me, Reflections deserve to be praised for going against the grain and including Nice and Istanbul alone. Miami, on the other hand, still offers the largest and most driver-friendly rendition of the city I’ve encountered in a game so far.
Short of being threatened at gunpoint, there's no acceptable reason to play this game.
Well… nobody’s threatened me. I read that pathetic excuse for a review, chose to ignore the game for a few years, then – thanks to the invention called YouTube – decided that the locations showed some potential and, guess what, DRIV3R now resides permanently on my HD as a definite favorite among the series. As a consequence, however, I tend to trust Mr. Gerstmann’s opinions a little… less eagerly.

Well… I can only hope that Mr. Gerstmann – who also penned the lukewarm DPL review (‘it's better than Driver 3, but that doesn't make it a success’) – abstains from gracing us with his account of DSF. The way I see it, he simply lacks the qualifications.
About the Gerstmann opinion about on foot missions, i think that is related to the aiming system because it looks more like a FPS aiming system than a 3rd person, surely that he wanted to see an automatic aiming like in GTA Vice City. At the beginning it may be hard to use the aiming system of Driv3r but by the time you can used to it and it's easier. Also the aren't many differences about the controls(i mean driving, shooting,etc) between PS2 and PC , but i'm more used to a keyboard.
By driver4_
Moonchild wrote:Btw is the pic in your Sig from any of the Siren games?
Yes both of my avatar and sig are from the latest game from 2008. In America it's called SIREN: Blood Curse (Download only, 9 gigs!) but I imported mine from ASIA which was in full english, so it took up less HD space, on disk and it is uncensored. In ASIA it's called, SIREN: New Translation.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]