By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
max.thunder wrote:Score: 5.4 by Gamespot, WTF?. Driv3r was great
Double Mac wrote: Well… I can only hope that Mr. Gerstmann – who also penned the lukewarm DPL review (‘it's better than Driver 3, but that doesn't make it a success’) – abstains from gracing us with his account of DSF. The way I see it, he simply lacks the qualifications.
I don't really want to get to into this too much since it’s basically a 6 year old discussion but I'll say 1 thing. You guys are missing the golden point when it comes to reviewing games. They don't spend a hundred hours on a game and that's why a product like Driv3r got almost nothing but bad reviews.
It’s all about first impressions and in that regard Driv3r was a piece of crap. Buggy with mundane mission tasks, the game was doomed to fail.

We the hardcore and loyal fans played the game endlessly and really appreciated the driving as well as the film director but the average gamer just plays the story (most don’t even finish it) and tries out the mini games a little bit and that’s it. Driv3r required a legitimate time investment to appreciate but most didn’t do that. And to be fair the game was rushed and clearly not finished and rightfully deserved most of the criticisms it got.

The PC version was the same damn game with the same damn problems and it released after San Andreas so it was obvious it would score lower then the original 5.4.

DPL on the other hand was finished but was nothing more then a carbon copy of a 4 year old game at the time of its release so how can you expect scores of 9 or whatever?

Gertsmann is actually a pretty good reviewer. It’s true his D3 review was overly harsh but to the casual gamer it reigned true. 1 other thing to add is the fact that Atari paid off 2 magazines to give the game a high score pre-launch and when that info leaked it gave the industry a bad name and ultimately D3 paid for it.
driver4_ wrote:Yes both of my avatar and sig are from the latest game from 2008. In America it's called SIREN: Blood Curse (Download only, 9 gigs!) but I imported mine from ASIA which was in full english, so it took up less HD space, on disk and it is uncensored. In ASIA it's called, SIREN: New Translation.
Yea I'm familiar with it, I played the demo and enjoyed it but the fact that it was separated into 12 parts that each required downloads and installations really turned me off. I still have the original Siren on PS2 - good game. Hopefully the next one offers the choice to download or purchase at the store for North American players.
PostalDude wrote:I mean winning the awards).
I know hey, its been a long time coming but it's nice to see that the series is finally on the comeback. I wonder from which publication or site the best racing game nominee is from? Where did you find that pic Nick?
By driver4_
Registration Days Posts Avatar
Moonchild wrote:It’s all about first impressions and in that regard Driv3r was a piece of crap. Buggy with mundane mission tasks, the game was doomed to fail.
Like some of the new PS2 Tony Hawk games I had to put a lot of time to appreciate them a little, and Driv3r was better when I was littler because I was very amused by all the violence and the stupid/funny cops made me and friends lol.
Moonchild wrote:Yea I'm familiar with it, I played the demo and enjoyed it but the fact that it was separated into 12 parts that each required downloads and installations really turned me off. I still have the original Siren on PS2 - good game. Hopefully the next one offers the choice to download or purchase at the store for North American players.
The demo was the worst part of the game lol you can't even sightjack. Did you know that SIREN: BC was a remix of SIREN 1? It's not a remake but it includes the base storyline with better gameplay which is 10 times better, and less Japanese playable characters. Yes and at 9 gigs... It's worth all the downloading and taken up space to me, but I stuck to getting the disk version of Blood Curse and I still play it after finishing the story in August (Very large replay value for me). I can't choose what I like better, Driver or SIREN.
Anybody knows if in Driver San Francisco will be able to play with a steering wheel? (i thought about it because of the cockpit view)
[youtube size=480X320]LIPN3Fon2z4&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]
[youtube size=480X320]f5bBfn6fFaw&annotation_id=annotation_349400&feature=iv[/youtube]
[youtube size=480X320]yGbKzl6-u3U&annotation_id=annotation_602945&feature=iv[/youtube]
There's also a fan kit available for download that includes the box art and the logo of the game.
Enter to http://driver.us.ubi.com/san-francisco/site.php and click to the DOWNLOADS section
LOL! UbiSoft Kiev is working hard on the PC version? I`ll visit my mother`s motherland someday...

BTW, I still want to see the day when our UbiSoft Sofia, will make games as Driver... not only baby games....
I'm from Ukraine and the only good game that they have made is Stalker, hope that they will change things in the PC version of Driver
By Jorge-Fonseca
Ubisoft Kiev is just porting the game to pc. which means one thing. This will be a very console oriented game. By the feel of it, odds are we will be better off getting it for a console. Usually ports dont have much modding capabilities.
Seems that the Nintendo Wii version of Driver San Francisco will be different than the XBOX 360, PS 3 and PC versions judging by this magazine description

-The game is set after Driver 1 events
-There will be 3 playable characters: Tobias Jones, John Tanner and Solomon Caine
-There's a probability that the Wii version will not include the Shift feature
By La Grange
-There will be 3 playable characters: Tobias Jones, John Tanner and Solomon Caine
Solomon Caine? Hah! :D It's too unusual. But if there's no function SHIFT, then you can leave the car?
Not sure how you can leave the car, we should wait to see some gameplay of the Wii version.
Maybe you can't change your car during the gameplay, like in Driver 1
By Sedans
I'd be shocked if IGN actually made a comment like that for the final rendition of the game.
Rating of Driver SF still pending in the US
I've never thought about drugs in Driver SF
The only reference about drugs appeared in Driver PL
By Driver of DOOM
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Drugs are big in the underworld scene so I think it would fit... I would like to play a level where other cars turn into rubber ducks, the steering wheel is a rainbow and the buildings are covered in rocking tits!
Driver of DOOM wrote:...I would like to play a level where other cars turn into rubber ducks, the steering wheel is a rainbow and the buildings are covered in rocking tits!
lol! That would be a nice level :lol:
By TA1LGATER
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
La Grange wrote:
Caine is already dead. He comes back to buy Driver 5 and use himself as playable character.
No, just Driver SF Wii version is set before Driver 1, that's why Solomon Caine is in the game
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]