By Nikusakken
That's right. Ubisoft officially announced that the next Driver will appear on E3, along with other games like Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier and other unannounced titles.
Ubisoft confirms next instalment in getaway franchise will appear in E3 line-up

Ubisoft has announced the next Driver title will be unveiled at E3, along with a number of other key titles.

The publisher announced its E3 line-up will also include Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood, Shaun White Skateboarding, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier and several unannounced titles.

These are all expected to be showcased as part of Ubisoft’s press conference at the Los Angeles Theatre on Monday, June 14th at 5pm. The conference will once again be hosted by actor Joel McHale.
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/39188/E3-reve ... new-Driver
By Driver of DOOM
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Damn you piped me to the post; I was gonna be all like
Driver of Doom wrote: Something is brewing in Newcastle, but it isn't our classic brown ale any-more :(, that's being made in Yorkshire...

Good news though, its official, E3 is when we hear:

http://en.gamers.com/news/view_7651.html

Driver has been confirmed.
Ooo, something solid at last!
By max.thunder
Glad to hear that we will see something of new Driver on E3 (maybe they will show a video or screens of the game,i think)
Hope that the game will be one of the best games of Driver series,to compete with a GTA and bring back the fans, also new fans.
But there is a difference, a lot of people compares Driver with GTA, they are not the same games, GTA is more RPG(with eating,fuc...ing,etc)and is more based on foot but isn't lineal storyline, Driver is more with cars(more realistic driving physics) and the storyline looks like a film script
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
By far the best thing about this announcement is the playable demo aspect. No vague teaser trailers or whatever, we'll finally get to see the game in action and since it'll most likely be a onstage demo at the live conference we might even get two pieces of media to dissect come the 14th - the demo and a possible story/cinematic trailer!

Can't wait man, I have such high hopes for this and with so many recent games disappointing (Hi Red Dead Redemption) I finally have something to look forward too in regards to games come June. Well... there will be a ton of other great games/announcements at E3 but Driver takes top priority for sure.
By Fireboyd78
f**k YEAH. Excuse my french. WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT FOR 4 f***ing YEARS. FINALLY!!!!

If Tanner isn't there, I'm committing Driver suicide. LOL.
By max.thunder
My opinion is the same, Dr.Doom, Tanner must appear in the next Driver with Tobias and Jericho, hope that the game will follow the storyline of Driv3r
4 years is a lot of time, GTA 4 was made in 4 years so i think that Driver will be a good final product(or better)
By Moonchild
max.thunder wrote:My opinion is the same, Dr.Doom, Tanner must appear in the next Driver with Tobias and Jericho, hope that the game will follow the storyline of Driv3r
Tanner and Jericho would be cool but I could care less nor want a revisit to the plot of Driv3r. Honestly it's too stupid to deserve continuation.
Nikusakken wrote:Why worry about GTA? You should worry about Mafia II, which is the real competition against Driver.
At retail come release day yes but not at E3, Mafia 2 has already been shown to a large degree, Driver's competitor at the show will be Saints Row 3
By Nikusakken
I think that the story will be some kind of reboot, just like Parallel Lines. And yeah, Saints Row 3 will be there as well. Albeit I don't think that there will be many SR vs. Driver stuff.

P.S: Have you guys noticed on how much Ubisoft is "confident" on the Driver series? They even called it a "blockbuster". I guess they're planning some really interesting marketing strategy.
By max.thunder
Mafia II is gonna be released this fall so Driver could be released later, i think.
Honestly i don't like Saint's Row, for me it's a cheap copy of GTA series. Driver series don't deserve to have the name of GTA clone, this kind of games should be called Sandbox genre.(The same story happened with the first FPS,they were called Doom clones)
Moonchild wrote:Tanner and Jericho would be cool but I could care less nor want a revisit to the plot of Driv3r. Honestly it's too stupid to deserve continuation.
Why is it stupid? Driv3r had a good plot, i loved it, it was a very inmersive storyline, when i first play the game i had the feeling that i was Tanner in the game
By Driver of DOOM
You're not going to say the Driver series, which has been losing its appeal for ten years, is getting a new game are you, no you will be positive and lie;

"An AAA game to follow on in the Blockbuster Driver series is going to be released!"
By Moonchild
Nikusakken wrote:Saints Row 3 will be there as well. Albeit I don't think that there will be many SR vs. Driver stuff.
I agree, I was just saying that since there both unannounced sandbox games that will be revealed at E3 there more likely to be compared to one another. The new True Crime fits into that as well.
max.thunder wrote:Why is it stupid? Driv3r had a good plot, i loved it, it was a very inmersive storyline, when i first play the game i had the feeling that i was Tanner in the game
It's stupid because Tanner as a character did some very questionable things, he's essentially wanted for international crimes. The whole idea of going after the cars in Russia is also absurd. The whole point of the case was to get the distributor/seller of the cars, once they are in Russia it's over. Tanner would have no jurisdiction nor any interest, it's just one shipment. Jericho is the target and Driver Vegas already addressed that.

It'll definitely be another reboot like Nick said.
Driver of DOOM wrote:You're not going to say the Driver series, which has been losing its appeal for ten years, is getting a new game are you, no you will be positive and lie;
Too true. On this weeks Invisible Walls they talked about a quick preview of the games they saw at E3 Judge's week, they mentioned they saw most of Ubisoft's games and they defined there lineup as "quirky" They didn't sound blown away but who knows what they saw.

They did say that Mafia 2 was the next big thing in the sandbox genre but no mention of any unannounced games due to an embargo.
Nikusakken wrote:P.S: Have you guys noticed on how much Ubisoft is "confident" on the Driver series? They even called it a "blockbuster"
The last time I saw the words Blockbuster and Driver together was the Stuntman cover lol. I expect only good things though, I did see a site that said Ubi will open there conference with Driver so they must be confident if true.
By max.thunder
In my opinion if the reboot will have a good reception and sales,i'm sure that the next Driver after this (which will be released) will continue the storyline of Driv3r.
I really want to see the ending of the case of Driv3r because it didn't end on Driv3r,the story must contnue,if not in this Driver(E3), probably in the next game
By Moonchild
If the next Driver is successful they'll just continue with that story or theme. Do you honestly think Ubisoft and Reflections would just abandon a proven method of success in favor of continuing the story to the game that almost destroyed the franchise?
By emmetmcl
To be honest, I can't see them returning to the story of Driv3r now.
Its been too long, and if they want to attract new fans, they'll have to start a new series of stories as new gamers won't know the backstory.

Maybe something like a video or mini-game which lets you play out after Tanner got shot could be added as an extra in the game.

I doubt it though
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]