By LoXodonte
Registration Days Posts
hello mates. I feel a bit inspired now that UBI soft is taking over the driver series, I have hope once again for the franchise, and would like to try once again to submit my wishes for the next driver game. Of those wishes, I hope to see the return of the film director. Anyway, I was hoping to find a community forum on UBI's website. It's not that I'm trying to divert the community away from here, because this website is great, but rather find a means of communication with UBI soft, so that are wishes will not once again go unheard for the next in series.

Parallel lines is coming to the wii, I'd like to find a way to contact UBI so that they might impliment some of the last ommited features of parallel lines, like online multiplayer. Now that the Wii, and computers have better hardware specs, it wouldn't be out of the question to ask for film director to return. Anyway, I hope some of you will search for a driver community forum hosted by UBI, or find any means of contact info and list it here. Thx mates. :)
By Sedans
First, Welcome to Tha Community, You'll like it here
Second,Yes, we all are happy UBISOFT is taking over :)
Trird, You could E-mail UBI I'm sure,Try going to there website; ill post it up in a minute
They have a forum hold up let me post it:

http://www.ubisoft.com

I think that is it, i joinede there a long time ago and dont remember, tell me if that is not tha correct link

BTW: I dont think they have a DRIVER forum put up yet, but it is nice to regsister
Last edited by Sedans on Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By madness
First, i'd like to say welcome to our forums.
Now I have the email address to the Media Relations Manager of UBISOFT, I'll just PM it to you and anyone else who wants it. But I don't want the entire forum to have it or they will start getting angry with everyone.

To be honust if your going to ask them for things to put in the game, I think they'll just ingnore your message bt it's still worth a try.
By LoXodonte
Registration Days Posts
actually, I think we should send a community hello to ubisoft from this website, basically inviting them to this site if they want to get in touch with the community, and see what driver fans have loved about the series. :) Is their a wishlist thread we could link them to? And for gods sake...I hope it doesn't have cheeseburgers and trains *sigh*
By madness
I'm creating a website which is really going to pretty good and useful for reflections the creatos of DRIVER.

People will be able to submit an idea in the catagory it fits into and people can rate and vote on that particular idea. The website hasn't gotten very far yet, but I hope to do a lot of work on it soon. Maybe I could have a prototype up for you to look up at in a week, I can't make any promises because things usually fly into the way and I don't end up completing what I started, but everything I've started will get completed soon. :D
By Sedans
^^^ Interesting, stuff like that must take time.
By LoXodonte
Registration Days Posts
sounds awesome madness :)
By madness
It will take quite a while, also with everything else in the way, but I should get it done sometime soon, I have many other Driver Related sites i'm also working on.

This one will be 3rd out of 8th priority.
Last edited by madness on Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Sedans
^^^ Huh? "Pariaty"
By madness
lol, i think I misspelt priority.
I'll edit that post and place the correct spelling in to it so I don't copnfuse anyone else..
By Sedans
oh, good idea lol, thats kinda weird, i misspeled "lol"--"olo" thats so weird lol
By madness
sometimes you type that fast you don't get enough time to think about what your typing and sometimes it turns out weird. So that's why I sometimes read what I have written so everyone understands it :D
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
After Driver should be four but everyone calls it 5 is released. i am going to find out if Tanner is back and if he isn't i will send the idea that me and Lseven7 have been working on for about a year now. if i could get ubisoft's contact details so i can email or post it to them.
By madness
Daltarin-Elite wrote:After Driver should be four but everyone calls it 5 is released. i am going to find out if Tanner is back and if he isn't i will send the idea that me and Lseven7 have been working on for about a year now. if i could get ubisoft's contact details so i can email or post it to them.
We only have contact with the UBISOFT media relations manager and they can't get us any information on the game nor. can they accept idea's however there is a chance that maybe we could ask for some more contact's I'm not quite sure.
By Daltarin-Elite
We only have contact with the UBISOFT media relations manager and they can't get us any information on the game nor. can they accept idea's however there is a chance that maybe we could ask for some more contact's I'm not quite sure.
That would be great, if we could get those because i have some great ideas for the next game.
By madness
Daltarin-Elite wrote:
That would be great, if we could get those because i have some great ideas for the next game.
All Ideas should be put in the wishlists forum, this is where they are most likly to be seen by the Reflection Team.

http://www.drivermadness.p4h.biz/main/v ... m.php?f=58
By Daltarin-Elite
Sure. if i can be bothered typing it these holidays. which i can't. some of them will get there, maybe not all of it though, cause i would like to send in a private idea or two, cause have my name specifically in the credits would be awesome instead of just.

A Special Thanks To:
The Driver Madness Team.

Then they whack in my name and it looks like this

A Special Thanks To:
The Driver Madness Team
N**K P******X.

Fill in the gaps to easily work out my firstname, You'll Never get the second Name. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. Okay thats enough laughter for today.

JOIN COW.
By madness
Daltarin-Elite wrote: A Special Thanks To:
The Driver Madness Team
N**K P******X.
Since when did you join our team, well I guess everyone who is on our forum is a part of us :), and when I get a credits page the forum members will be in it. That's when I get to creating the credits page.
By Daltarin-Elite
Well you know what i meant. just everyone that uses the site regularly. people who have signed and never posted shouldn't count though.
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Somehow I think it is unlikely for anyones name outside of game producers/creators to go in the credits. But you never know, Ubi seems more promising for that sort of thing. I must look back through the D3 credits and see who was thanked there.
By madness
The developers wives where thanked but no names from them were revealed. In the original driver there were the names of the developers and their pictures however on their official site they did put lists of fansites however they never put a name next to them.

Anyways, if it's popular enough how about I make an alternative credits for DRIV3R with everyones Driver Madness user name listed :) {under the rules that they have contributed}
By LoXodonte
Registration Days Posts
I did receive a response to that contact. Not sure it made much of an impact though from what I've heard about the wii's version. Something else thats worth mentioning, are how other games are starting to impliment film director modes. The newly released skate from ea lets you choose camera angles and save replays. It's still not as advanced as Driv3r was with the amount of camera variations. Real time Worlds the creators of Crackdown are looking to add an option to their next sandbox title that will allow easier sharring of videos through the game itself. This was the developers response to the overwhelming amount of users on youtube who created fan movies. I LOVE when developers listen to their community. Forza 2 has a screenshot capture mode, and Metroid Prime 3 has a screenshot capture as well that can print images to the Wii Message board. More and more titles are moving toward capturing movies and stills for sharring...yet driver has abandon it in its latest entry. WTF!!! Read on:

Dear Justin :

First off, many thanks for taking the time to write this email and express your feeling about Driver. I’m a press person and not a developer, but I’ve made sure to forward it on to the Driver team so that they can take into account your feedback as they work on bringing the brand into the next generation.

Thanks again for your time and your interest.

Very best regards,

Mary Beth

Mary Beth Henson

Corporate Media Relations Manager

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Envoyé : lundi 22 janvier 2007 01:59
À : Mary Beth Henson
Objet : Hello from a Driver series fan

Hello, I've been a huge fan of the Driver series since it first came out around 1998. I've been a frequent poster on Atari's forums, and have had a wealth of ideas for the Driver series. Unfortunately, I feel, and have felt for awhile now that the community feedback has largely been ignored by Reflections. This is especially unfortunate because their are so many participants and fans of the series. Driver has a large, and very loyal fanbase that would like to begin participating with ubisoft.

It's hard to talk about driver without mentioning a few key points that I feel have really defined the series. I wasn't really planning on getting into this now, so I'll only touch on one very important point: the film director mode. For many players, this was THE selling point for the game, their was no other game that could offer instant gratification, and the power of Spielberg at the same time. Even though Driver 3 was largely considered a failure, it still seemed relatively loyal to it's fan base. It offered the mini games that everyone loved, and the infamous film director mode. I love the film director mode, and even though I felt that Driver 3's film director was a bit stripped on camera angles (in comparison to it's ps1 predecessor), it was still fantastic. Not only could you create action packed sequences, you could now share them online with Xbox live friends. The future of "film director" looked bright, and even though it was still limited in many ways, fans were still contributing ideas on how to improve the film director mode for Driver 4. Well as we all know, the film director mode was completely scrapped, and the result was a slap in the face to diehard fans. Not only was the film director mode gone, so was the online interaction...and without ANY substitute.

I still bought Driver Parallel lines, and can still enjoy it to a degree. It simply doesn't have the longevity of Driv3r, or the raw fun factor. Everyone knows they abandoned the classic formula, and went the "me too" route.

Once again, I have high hopes for the driver series, especially now that ubisoft has it. I've heard about the release of Parallel Lines on the Wii. This is great news, but I feel that this is just going to be another port to score some "quick cash". I'd hate to say the reviewers have been right, but that does to be the perception with releases such as Far Cry, which some say doesn't hold it's own against the Xbox version. Anyway, it would be fantastic if the Wii version of Parallel lines included the modes that the diehards crave: film director, online connectivity, and instant access to mini games. This would mean so so much to this great community.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, I'm including a link to a small Driv3r teaser I created awhile ago. I'm sure you'll get an idea of what we enjoy by watching this clip. 464 votes with 5 stars! It requires the xvid codec to play. Enjoy!

http://files.filefront.com/Trailer_fina ... einfo.html

-Justin
By madness
Well spoken well said.
and it has totally changed the way I've looked at the media relations manager.

How long ago did you send this to ubisoft media relations manager?
and when did you get the reply?
By LoXodonte
Registration Days Posts
she was actually very prompt in getting back with me. I sent this email right around the time I got her contact info.
By Coyote
Envoyé : lundi 22 janvier 2007 01:59
À : Mary Beth Henson
Objet : Hello from a Driver series fan
Translation:

Sent: Monday 22nd January 2007 1:59
To: Mary Beth Henson
Object: Hello from a Driver series fan

This is french. Are you from France ?
Last edited by Coyote on Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By LoXodonte
Registration Days Posts
lol, no, I don't know why that was formated that way
By madness
Ubisoft's media relation manager is from France.
and that is proably why parts of the email are in french!
By Coyote
Oh my god, a french 'Driver 4'… NEVER ! NOO!!!! THIS IS HORRIBLE !! Tell me this is just a bad dream !!
By LoXodonte
Registration Days Posts
I remember the whole slogan "You are the wheelman". Sounds like perfect marketing for the xbox vision cam to scan your face in for use in the next driver. Dunno what made me think of that ;)
By madness
LoXodonte wrote:I remember the whole slogan "You are the wheelman". Sounds like perfect marketing for the xbox vision cam to scan your face in for use in the next driver. Dunno what made me think of that ;)
I'm not sure how that's related to anything else!
Or maybe I've missed something.

anyways with the pc version of driv3r it is possible to edit tanners texture to be your face. At the moment we can only change the textures as we are unable to model anything.

You can find more information about modding driv3r here.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]