Modding discussion for Driver: San Francisco.
By Coyote
In the PC and Mac version, it isn't possible to play custom music in the game. I love the music from the game but there's a few songs I'd like to add to it.

We should make a mod! :P
By PostalDude
Tongue smiley as in "I'm the only one that'll be able to do jack sh*t, since the PC version has encrypted .LUA files (and we can't even repack the files themselves) and the only guy that knew jack sh*t about them just happened to vanish into thin air" ?
Last edited by PostalDude on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
By RacingFreak
I just mute the ingame music, and since I have extra keyboard buttons, using wmplayer I just play my music. But the DSF selection aint bad too.
By Coyote
Yeah I did that too sometimes, but I just wish they were in game :( I'm wondering if it's possible to turn it on somehow for multiplayer, I always wondered why they removed it there. Maybe it uses some memory? Strange…
By Ss4gogeta0
Registration Days Posts Posts
I will give it a shot and see what I can change... :P

Personally I want to give it a more authentic Bay Area soundtrack (the default music is nice but Im from Cali near the bay and bay area music is still the best)
By Ss4gogeta0
PostalDude wrote:2013 topic, OP is long gone.
even though the OP is gone, I still plan on messing with the game audio.

as I said, I want to try to import some bay area music...

[youtube]
[/youtube]
By the kid 78
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I don't like to turn it into a rap hate thread and all that, this is the answer to all those people who claim they are tough, this one he did prison time, his answer is get on you knees and fix it. Enough gangster crap! Bring back real rap! [youtube]
[/youtube]
By the kid 78
PostalDude wrote:Good rap is stuff like A Tribe Called Quest & Jurassic Five. Jazz rap and alternative hip hop, in other words. Gangsta rap ruined blacks and teaches them to live off the government, sell drugs, shoot one another and a bunch of other screwed up stuff.
My top five albums of all times is A Tribe Called Quest - Low End Theory, and Midnight Marauders, however, this isn't a thread to discus that, but I see everyone now can recycle or use weak lyrics and be a famous rapper especially gangster stuff, they talk about money, drugs, and sex. Nothing useful or meaningful into their lyrics or rhyming!

We can start a post about this on off topic forum
By Ss4gogeta0
the kid 78 wrote:
PostalDude wrote:Good rap is stuff like A Tribe Called Quest & Jurassic Five. Jazz rap and alternative hip hop, in other words. Gangsta rap ruined blacks and teaches them to live off the government, sell drugs, shoot one another and a bunch of other screwed up stuff.
My top five albums of all times is A Tribe Called Quest - Low End Theory, and Midnight Marauders, however, this isn't a thread to discus that, but I see everyone now can recycle or use weak lyrics and be a famous rapper especially gangster stuff, they talk about money, drugs, and sex. Nothing useful or meaningful into their lyrics or rhyming!

We can start a post about this on off topic forum
good rap that has a message is this...

[youtube]
[/youtube]

This is from San Francisco in the early 2000's by a validated gang member who is currently doing 70 years in Pelican Bay for murder (Free Gangsta Flea)

http://www.leagle.com/decision/In%20CACO%2020101123000 Gangsta Flea is Tito Sedeno

I myself was raised in that kind of life and I can tell you that from the outside looking it, its just gorilla niggers selling drugs and shooting one another just to live off the government and hard working white peoples paycheck...

but thats not actually how it is... its all about survival... you see me, Im an intelligent half black half latino man who is in college trying to have a good life. I struggled my ass off for it, I cant even get a job because people are biased and assume that because of where Im from and my families history that I would cause a problem for them... So what options do I have? Live off my poor family and cause them more grief or Sell drugs to be able to support myself, and join a gang for protection from rival drug dealers or gangs looking to take whatever profit I gain from sellin dope on their territory... its hard to come up in the world when the people in power expect you to fail... plus the gentrification in my city is breaking up already bad family situations and pushing people to actually sell dope to be able to even afford their homes because of the abysmal pay that minimum wage pays (about $9 an hour in cali while rent in my city and san francisco exceeds $2,800 a month) aswell as the fact that most employers would rather higher a better looking and less qualified white person than a more qualified yet tough looking minority...

but yea, gangsta rap started as a way to preach and describe what life is like growing up in the ghetto doomed to fail and the mentality that people end up growing up with due to the almost nonexistent support that the government gives to minorities in such a situation... the stuff you hear now a days on the radio is not gangster rap, its glam/pop rap that has overstayed its welcome and needs to f***ing die...

[youtube]
[/youtube]

[youtube]
[/youtube]

916 Sacramento California.
By Wheels
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
RacingFreak mentioned something about music in DSF, and in fact. If you have the PS3 version, you're able to go to your Music tab, and choose what music you want to play. You can't cue it in with car chases though, you'll have to select your music again. Same goes for Xbox. You can play music on ANY game (unlike PS3). However, you still need to select your music again based on your current activity. (If that's your plan. You don't need to)
By the kid 78
but yea, gangsta rap started as a way to preach and describe what life is like growing up in the ghetto doomed to fail and the mentality that people end up growing up with due to the almost nonexistent support that the government gives to minorities in such a situation... the stuff you hear now a days on the radio is not gangster rap, its glam/pop rap that has overstayed its welcome and needs to f***ing die...
True that, but as I said rap was aimed to be a tool to preach, how life is worth a stand even with all those barriers (obstacles), to tell the truth, and get your problems off your chest.

Nowadays it's all about money, I remember when Bizmarke doing shows for free in Brooklyn, who do free shows these days? It wasn't about money it was about a message need to be received. (and he still)
By Skylabh
PostalDude wrote:...(on the subject of Coyote, fun fact - nohmnemvan aka VAIMAHDO'S alt where he pretends to be a girl tried to impersonate Coyote, Skylabh said the account has the exact same IP as VAIMAHDO)
It would be more correct to say that the ips are from the same area in fact, but it's not really the main subject of this topic.
By PostalDude
Skylabh wrote:
PostalDude wrote:...(on the subject of Coyote, fun fact - nohmnemvan aka VAIMAHDO'S alt where he pretends to be a girl tried to impersonate Coyote, Skylabh said the account has the exact same IP as VAIMAHDO)
It would be more correct to say that the ips are from the same area in fact, but it's not really the main subject of this topic.
The same "subnet", i'd assume. They could be using a proxy. Who knows, really.
Back on topic, I guess. I have to try those tools out the kid 78 linked on Xentax, they look pretty damn sweet.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]