Modding discussion for Driver: San Francisco.
By Coyote
I'm wondering if anyone has some experience with modding online games or knows how it (kind of) works.

I've managed to mod small stuff in DSF online, and I've also tested some stuff with Badnick some months ago, unfortunately those changes didn't appear for him.

But what I'm wanting to do is swap cars, to be able to use more of them in online games. Closest what I've managed to do is accidentally getting an invisible car, sadly I was alone in the lobby and didn't remember what I had done (I was randomly messing around) :( But most likely the car would have appeared normally to other player(s).

So I'm wondering how it works because I know how to swap cars in story mode, but that doesn't affect the online mode. Say I would replace the Dodge Charger police car with the Cadillac Escalade police car, in online mode I would still spawn in a Dodge Charger when playing Takeodnw, instead of the Escalade. It seems like the game gets access to the vehicle files from somewhere else (from the server maybe?) and that it's unrelated to those found in the game files. Has anyone ever experienced something similar to this?

All we really want is play in different cars :P It's for a few people and me, only for private games…

(since Reflections doesn't make updates)
By Fireboyd78
No idea, you would have to somehow make it so people connecting to your game would be receiving a specific vehicle ID so their game syncs up the proper car. If it's not syncing properly, then that means DSF has modding protection online (which is generally a good thing so things don't become unfair), otherwise you're probably screwed.
By Coyote
No it's not the syncing that is the problem (I mean it is too for the things that don't sync, such as the weather for example), the problem is that I myself can't change those cars. If I would select an Escalade instead of a Charger (the Escalade not being available in the profile for games like tag for example, and the Charger being available), then I'd be sure that the Escalade would appear properly on other people's games as it's something that is already provided in their game.

I just find it strange that these vehicle informations are stored somewhere else apparently :? But where!?
By Fireboyd78
Use Cheat Engine? It's a pretty powerful tool.
By Coyote
Haha well I could try :D I don't really know how to use it (yet), but I used it on Driver 1 when I ran it on PCSX and I managed to change the number of cones I hit in trailblazer, so I had something like 527 out of 100 cones haha.

But I doubt it will be possible for this here, I think there's some anti cheat stuff on the game :(

What's still bothering me is if the multiplayer is a totally separate thing to the story mode, you know, like in Driver 2. Because look, whatever changes I do, they obviously don't work in multiplayer. So how come? Do they have all cars twice, once for story once for multiplayer? Imagine, maybe we could find some beta stuff. I've already compared most of the cars but couldn't find anything. It would be interesting to know because the game MUST take the information of the cars from somewhere!
By Fireboyd78
I don't think so. There's only one city, one set of cars, and obviously a system completely separate from the single-player made for multiplayer. It could be hardcoded and not controlled through LUA.
By Coyote
Alright I will try the method with cheat engine. Did you mean to find the ID of the car and swap it? It's probably my last chance. But somehow I still doubt it will work, I tried it with Driver 1 and I failed to find them :?

Or maybe I just suck… we will see :P
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]